Skinning Animals Alive

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#31New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 22:07:32
@Kolene Said

omgggg,that's absolutely heinous! And NO, I can't watch it. Those ppl oughta b skinned alive!

I agree
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#32New Post! Oct 16, 2009 @ 23:24:28
@arcades Said

Then where do you draw the line?

Is a worm or an insect not an animal?

Should we start making sure we don't step on any bugs wherever we walk?

Also it depends on your belief of death.

I don't think death is the end for any life form, you don't die, you move on or get reincarnated.

I suppose many things can come into play then. But insects are animals. I can't understand from your post if you knew that or not. But either way, killing an insect is killing an animal. Me? I don't draw any lines. Well, I do like a world with other animals other than ourselves. I also understand that other animals are essential to our existence, but that would just sound selfish to not kill animals because of that reason.
etherspin On March 18, 2011

mitcham, Australia
#33New Post! Oct 18, 2009 @ 00:47:44
@Rflong7 Said

I don't get your points.
Consistency= free range cat? Is there a demand for it in the West?

I dont subscribe to westerners saying meat is a necessary part of human existence and equating its necessity to the inevitable death every animal faces.
For one,they dont apply it to every animal,most westerners exempt dogs and cats or their other favourite animals from being potential meals for us based on nothing but their own preference.
my point to do with free range cat is that most of us in europe,the UK,USA and Australia would promote meat as ethically sound but be reviled by the thought of cat,going by our own logic though.. there is nothing ethically wrong with free range cat..
to clarify, I'm vegan and dont consume any of the above..I just hate to see favouritism making people coo and fuss over one animal and carve up another without blinking
Rflong7 On October 26, 2009

Deleted

, United States (general)
#34New Post! Oct 18, 2009 @ 01:08:59
@etherspin Said

I dont subscribe to westerners saying meat is a necessary part of human existence and equating its necessity to the inevitable death every animal faces.
For one,they dont apply it to every animal,most westerners exempt dogs and cats or their other favourite animals from being potential meals for us based on nothing but their own preference.
my point to do with free range cat is that most of us in europe,the UK,USA and Australia would promote meat as ethically sound but be reviled by the thought of cat,going by our own logic though.. there is nothing ethically wrong with free range cat..
to clarify, I'm vegan and dont consume any of the above..I just hate to see favouritism making people coo and fuss over one animal and carve up another without blinking

Hi,

From what I understand, cat meat is stringy.

Dogs serve a purpose with defense and camp clean up. They will work to carry when traveling. They are a pack animal and are easy to train for hunting and survival... this is information from history.

Domestic cats? They are not native to my country.

I'm sure we would eat Cats if there was a need. We had to learn how to eat bacon. (inside joke)

Being of Native American decent (not registered), do your own thing and have joy of it.

*Sorry, forgot to quote*
Ellen On November 13, 2009

Banned

#35New Post! Oct 18, 2009 @ 01:20:15
Stuff like this makes me seriously consider becoming a vegetarian.
etherspin On March 18, 2011

mitcham, Australia
#36New Post! Oct 18, 2009 @ 02:20:36
@Rflong7 Said

Hi,

From what I understand, cat meat is stringy.

Dogs serve a purpose with defense and camp clean up. They will work to carry when traveling. They are a pack animal and are easy to train for hunting and survival... this is information from history.

Domestic cats? They are not native to my country.

I'm sure we would eat Cats if there was a need. We had to learn how to eat bacon. (inside joke)

Being of Native American decent (not registered), do your own thing and have joy of it.

*Sorry, forgot to quote*

yep well an extremely high proportion of westerners would consider you verging on psychopathic for your lack of aversion to eating either cat or dog (not sure about what you really think of dogs though,they could be bred for eating as well as the ones you keep for "defence" ) .. i see your take on it as being another speciesist viewpoint but rather than elevating cats and dogs its seems it just human persons that are exempt ?
Rflong7 On October 26, 2009

Deleted

, United States (general)
#37New Post! Oct 18, 2009 @ 02:31:48
@etherspin Said

yep well an extremely high proportion of westerners would consider you verging on psychopathic for your lack of aversion to eating either cat or dog (not sure about what you really think of dogs though,they could be bred for eating as well as the ones you keep for "defence" ) .. i see your take on it as being another speciesist viewpoint but rather than elevating cats and dogs its seems it just human persons that are exempt ?

I give- I wouldn't want to kill my dog to eat but if my kids were hungry- He would disappear and they'd never know. We forget what it is to be really hungry with a Quik-E-Mart on each corner.

We are animals even if we don't want to think we are. We can not escape it even with enlightenment. We will kill to survive...

But, it's my opinion for all it's worth.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs