Forums:
Random

Size Zero

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lozerkid01 On August 18, 2011

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:35:10

you know i went shopping today needed to buy something for my cousin its her birthday soon.. i couldnt help but notice.. Bay and a few other shops actually sell more Size Zero clothes than sizes 8 upwards.

everything in there looked like it would fit a 9 year old.. its kind of scary what the world is comming too.. i dont see how anyone could find bones attactive..

the lady in the shop even agreed with me when i said that i used to buy all my clothes in there.. im a size 10 sometimes 12 depends on what item of clothing.. and i cant find one thing that would actually fit me..

its scary.. im not fat but im not skinny either im kind of happy with the way my stomach is right now.. i dont understand why so many people feel under the presure to be a size zero.. its just not nice..

i see size zero girls and tbh they make me want to vomit. the way they look like if you was to push them over they'd shatter into a million peices.

out with size zero i say.
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#2New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:52:51
it is different over here, in the store that i work in we are carrying bigger sizes compared to smaller sizes.

This year we just started carrying plus sizes for kids. Our kids clothes now go up to like a size 25 or something, and we now have plus size dresses and a larger selection of plus size clothing for women.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#3New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:52:57
Some people can't help the fact that they are skinny. Sizes are probably a little different here than there, but I have a few friends who are size 0 and they are perfectly healthy.

Getting rid of their size would be a little inconvenient for them wouldn't you think?
emogrrl420 On October 28, 2007

columbia city, Indiana
#4New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:55:07
yea i think that anorexic and bolemic ppl r gross...i understand that being completely fat is unhealthy but im not saying to be fat but just be happy with urself
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#5New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:57:28
I can only reach up to a size 1 sometimes depending on the pair of pants but its beyond me how my big a** can fit in a size 1 pair of jeans Anyway, yes, I agree...I mean, I'm a healthy eater (I still pig out) but the world is all about balance (not too skinny, not obese). If we worry about being one thing rather than in the middle, life won't be enjoyable. I'm actually glad that some designers or countries are banning anorexic models. Relax kids...being a size 0, unless something is medically wrong with you (besides having an eating disorder), isn't all that thrilling you know. Enjoy life in your perfect size!

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 01:58:04
i didnt mean getting rid of them i mean the girls and boys see what celebraties do to their bodies by droping a few sizes.. and they instantly want to copy. i get that some people cant help their weight, and maybe they are healthy i mean with the size zero models what does it do for the younger generation? apart from make them make theirself unhealthy to fit in.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#7New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 02:00:18
Oh okay. Yeah I will agree the pressure can be detrimental to some.

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 02:02:14
i dunno im going to be honest ive been unhappy with my weight before but after seeing someone that hasnt been airbrushed in a magazine just how you really look.. made me just stop i still sometimes feel the presure from it.. but id rather be classed as 'fat' than unhealthy
MICK_SKINS On September 26, 2009

medway, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 02:03:27
my sister was an anoreexcic at the age of twenty then he bgan to get that way again,this time she weighed 6 and a half stone and if she dropped to 6 they would admitt her to a mental institution,she doesnt eat a dinner she eats only vegetables and the odd andwhich, but if she feels she dont want to keep it down she can go to the loo and think the word sick and she physically is,she has food in her fridge that has gone off and fridge items have quite a long shelf live.

New York City, New York
#10New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 02:07:41
I don't look up to celebrities too much. Theres nothing that I would want from them. Scarlett Johanson and Jessica Biel have awesome healthy bodies but towards a child, they'll think that their bodies are unacceptable and Paris Hilton's body is the ideal body. Or even that other talentless whore Nicole Richie. I did a project on this not so long ago. And to my surprise, anorexia and bulemia affects children as well...children as young as 5-8. I was watching a report on a talk show about a psychologist who interviewed 5 children (ages 5-8)and she asked them a bunch of questions. One of the most shocking one of them all was "Would you rather be dumb or fat?". 3 out of the 5 children said they would rather be dumb.

The other point to this was how parents aren't doing enough or leading their children to a healthier perspective. Why? Because parents (mostly the mothers) are insecure about themselves. The report also included the interview of the childrens' mothers and one of the moms confessed that she thinks shes fat(the woman wasn't visibly fat, she was of perfect size)and would often say it in front of her child. Now, her child (since shes young and has the mind of a sponge...she'll absorb anything she sees or hears) will think that her mother is fat and anyone who is close or resembles her mother is unacceptable. We have to be careful about what we say or do in front of children.

New York City, New York
#11New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 02:09:21
sorry about the smiley...its actually ages 5 to 8
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 08:37:13
@emogrrl420 Said
yea i think that anorexic and bolemic ppl r gross...i understand that being completely fat is unhealthy but im not saying to be fat but just be happy with urself

I think that statement is very ignorant. Anorexia and bullimia is an illness.

Granted it starts off as a choice (dieting etc) but it doesnt take long before you have trained your mind to think that way on its own. Its a very hard circle to break.
daisy2626 On May 21, 2007

Bonaire, Georgia
#13New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 13:58:58
I think society plays a big role in the "thin is in" obsesseion that America has today. Society pushes that you have to be thin and beautiful in order to get anywhere. I am happy that the stores are starting to carry plus size clothes as well.
rockflower On June 18, 2010

on the highway to hell,going d
#14New Post! May 01, 2007 @ 15:45:56
To much emphasis is put on the way that people look, you would think in todays society we would of gone passed what people look like and just accept them for who they are.
It does not matter if they are fat or thin as long as they are happy and healthy, it's the person within that matters not what they look like on the outside that is important. True that the media as a huge influence on young people wanting to be just like a supermodel or singer/film idol, but even they go to far with how they look.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs