Politics

Sinn Fein to support Policing in Northern Ireland

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! Jan 28, 2007 @ 18:05:40
The vote in Dublin has been announced and the supporters of the Provisional IRA have made the historic decision to support the Police Service for Northern Ireland.

This is amassive step for Republicans to have made but now we have to wait and see if the Reverand Ian Paisley's party the DUP have the balls to accept this decision and agree to power sharing in the government of Northern Ireland.

I'm not holding my breathe as I believe the DUP will have come up with another reason to say NO, as they have to every initative in the Peace Process here in Ireland.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 28, 2007 @ 18:18:27
hmm...I don't know much about the whole situation in Ireland at the moment, but from the outside it apears as though progress is being made

Ofcourse i realy know very little about it.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#3New Post! Jan 28, 2007 @ 18:25:14
Things have changed beyond recognition over the past 10 years. We no longer see armed troops on the streets. Constant check points are a thing of the past. Police officers now look approachable and no longer hide behind armoured glass.

But we do have die hards, on both sides who I think don't want peace. A lot of people made a lot of money when there was a lot of violence.

Now they won't come out and admit that they won't sign up to power sharing because its going to cost them financially. They make up loads of other excuses.

There are of course many people who are just afraid to try to reach out to the other community because of biggotry, again on both sides.

It'll take time to resolve all the issues in Ireland.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 28, 2007 @ 18:27:26
@bendover Said
Things have changed beyond recognition over the past 10 years. We no longer see armed troops on the streets. Constant check points are a thing of the past. Police officers now look approachable and no longer hide behind armoured glass.

But we do have die hards, on both sides who I think don't want peace. A lot of people made a lot of money when there was a lot of violence.

Now they won't come out and admit that they won't sign up to power sharing because its going to cost them financially. They make up loads of other excuses.

There are of course many people who are just afraid to try to reach out to the other community because of biggotry, again on both sides.

It'll take time to resolve all the issues in Ireland.

Hmm interesting.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs