Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#16New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 04:33:30
@Electric_Banana Said

Depends - If it's a Punch and Judy type relationship they'll take anything you contribute, in hopes to help them compromise, and beat each other over the head with and you'll come off looking like an instigator.

There was only real critical time in the past where my input was necessary and that was trying to contact a friend, who happened to be out, but his gf answered the phone and engaged me in a conversation that she was afraid he might be getting to the point of becoming physically abusive.

Knowing the person for years I knew he wasn't the type to haul off and hit a chic so I more or less told her to laugh off his aggression.

More or less, however, and remembering my own past dysfunctional relationships any advice you try to offer non-biased is going to be turned around as some new revelation or weapon for your friends to use against each other.

Well I'm not sure if they take the advice I give. Jonathan believes I give good advice, not saying he takes it all the time or at all. I don't think any advice I gave either of them were to be used against one another.
Electric_Banana 4 minutes ago

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 05:16:38
@Cpat92 Said

Well I'm not sure if they take the advice I give. Jonathan believes I give good advice, not saying he takes it all the time or at all. I don't think any advice I gave either of them were to be used against one another.

If the advice has to do with bickering relationships, I've learned from past experiences - Just keep quiet and watch the plates and glasses get thrown back and forth.

If it involves less controversial issues however, like trying to understand the psychology behind someone or what to get for valentine's outside insight might be of some help.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#18New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 06:42:17
@Electric_Banana Said

If the advice has to do with bickering relationships, I've learned from past experiences - Just keep quiet and watch the plates and glasses get thrown back and forth.

If it involves less controversial issues however, like trying to understand the psychology behind someone or what to get for valentine's outside insight might be of some help.

It's not as much bickering since now they both try to go against the possible controversy. My best friend is pretty emotional to the point where it even annoys me and Jonathan informs me about it. I usually say damn and then keep listening because I have no clue on how to tell him to deal with it. I don't want to deal with it at all. She explains to me. Last thing I told her to do is to try her best on to not to get pissed off over the little things. She says she does, but I don't know. I don't think they've been arguing lately so that's a relief.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:42:50
You don't have to have experienced it to have a clear perspective, sometimes the fact that you are an outsider means you see things more lucidly anyway.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#20New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 23:39:59
@Cpat92 Said

What is your take on a single person giving a person in a relationship advice?

Most of the time a single person is the ideal person to consult with because it's usually the single person who can see things from an objective point of view, in contrast to those with someone who sees everything subjectively and why they're asking questions about relationships.

Which isn't to say that somebody in a relationship is unfit to give to advice, as many surely can, but insisting upon counsel from someone in a relationship is an ill fated means of qualifying when it should be taken into consideration the fact that the one in a relationship is in the same subjective position as the one seeking answers, and could very well be the same thing as asking a drug addict how to kick the habit.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs