Weather

Sincere question....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
pelaun2 On October 13, 2016

Banned

Honolulu, Hawaii
#1New Post! Oct 05, 2016 @ 08:32:04
Does the actual 'ball of the sun' actually change? Did the sun all of a sudden change on us that we now have this intense need for some climate change movement? My idea is that the sun does not change but the atmosphere that protects does. But the protective layer could also prove to be a detriment if not properly taken cared of.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Oct 05, 2016 @ 17:49:02
@pelaun2 Said

Does the actual 'ball of the sun' actually change? Did the sun all of a sudden change on us that we now have this intense need for some climate change movement? My idea is that the sun does not change but the atmosphere that protects does. But the protective layer could also prove to be a detriment if not properly taken cared of.

The shape of the sun doesn't necessarily 'change,' but there is almost constant activity on the sun's surface in the forms of heat geysers, miniature gas explosions and other such things. The ozone layer is extremely important in shielding the sun from intense rays, but it's been proven that certain factors (pollution, greenhouse gases, excessive carbon dioxide, etc...) have worn away the ozone layer to the point that there's actually a 'hole' from time to time depending on the months and temperature.

Welcome to TFS, by the way.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Oct 05, 2016 @ 20:22:34
@pelaun2 Said

Does the actual 'ball of the sun' actually change?

Yes. But not so you would normally notice...unless you live for millions of years.

Did the sun all of a sudden change on us that we now have this intense need for some climate change movement?

No.

My idea is that the sun does not change but the atmosphere that protects does.

Yes...mostly....like air pollution.

But the protective layer could also prove to be a detriment if not properly taken cared of.

And thus the climate change (aka global warming) issues.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Oct 05, 2016 @ 21:49:38
plaun: Welcome!

Agree for the most part with what others have posted, not that I have researched it - TBH.

Do the responses pretty much 'satisfy' your questions, or are there still
'unanswered' queries stumbling around in the ole grey matter? :0
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs