Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#31New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:19:28
@angelcake Said

I don't. I haven't spoken to my sister in over a year and I'm not going to my niece's christening as I can't bare to be in the same building as my sister. We are just totally incompatible and I doubt that will change at all in the future.

I'm sure you have your reasons for that, but it does make sad reading.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#32New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:20:54
@x_Laura_x Said

My mum does everything for him! I'd find it particularly interesting if she went away for like a year.

He'd be f***ed. But who knows she may like someone being that dependent upon her. Curious, how's her relationship(s) with men? Is she married to your father? Dating?

Either way, in a sense your brother is the real victim of bad parenting and it's doing him no favors.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#33New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:21:14
@x_Laura_x Said

Oh god, I have moved out of my family home and I still hate him! I don't even love him, I really can't stand anything about him.

I actually don't think such an intense dislike is normal

Yeah I don't live my sister at all. In fact I just can't be bothered with the whole thing.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

#34New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:22:43
@angelcake Said

Yeah I don't live my sister at all. In fact I just can't be bothered with the whole thing.

You won't even go for your neice?
Say whaaa

#35New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:22:56
@MAW Said

I'm sure you have your reasons for that, but it does make sad reading.

It is but it's for the best. I wouldn't willingly expose my children to someone like my sister so just because we grew up in the same house doesn't mean that I'd make an exception for her.

I don't need her around and my children certainly don't.
Magically Delicious

#36New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:23:15
@angelcake Said

I don't. I haven't spoken to my sister in over a year and I'm not going to my niece's christening as I can't bare to be in the same building as my sister. We are just totally incompatible and I doubt that will change at all in the future.

Curious... did your parent(s) play favorites also?
Say whaaa

#37New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:24:25
@MAW Said

You won't even go for your neice?

I've never met my niece. It's a REALLY complicated long winded situation but no I won't go for a child I've never met.

However it was looking shakey whether my sister would be allowed to keep her daughter and my husband and I were the first people putting our name down to take care of the child.
Say whaaa

#38New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:26:31
@LuckyCharms Said

Not particularly. It was a different situation as my sister is adopted (before I was conceived) so occasionally they tried to over compensate that. I was also seen as the stable one so was given more freedom and allowances. It was on the whole pretty fair though.
Magically Delicious

#39New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:28:04
@angelcake Said

Not particularly. It was a different situation as my sister is adopted (before I was conceived) so occasionally they tried to over compensate that. I was also seen as the stable one so was given more freedom and allowances. It was on the whole pretty fair though.

Gotcha. Yeah for all we know she could have some genetic or gestational issue unknown to you guys that just makes her imbalanced.

But I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. You seem to have a good handle on it for now. And if in the future the situation changes and the opportunity for a relationship emerges, you can cross that bridge when (and if) you come to it.
Say whaaa

#40New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:31:22
@LuckyCharms Said

Gotcha. Yeah for all we know she could have some genetic or gestational issue unknown to you guys that just makes her imbalanced.

But I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. You seem to have a good handle on it for now. And if in the future the situation changes and the opportunity for a relationship emerges, you can cross that bridge when (and if) you come to it.

She has mental health issues but one of my best friends has the same issues. Difference between my friend and my sister is my friend is a decent person.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

#41New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:43:33
Mind you I don't get on with my sister and her husband and haven't spoken to them in years for various reasons.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#42New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:47:59
@LuckyCharms Said

My brother is clearly the favourite with my parents, and we get on as well as possible considering our age difference. We're very protective of each other actually.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#43New Post! May 06, 2012 @ 03:06:58
@x_Laura_x Said

Most people my age that I know have grown to like their siblings as they've got older.

I really can't stand my brother and I can't see us ever getting along. We don't argue as such but you know when some people just annoy you no matter what they do? I get that with him.

Is it normal to just... not get along, ever, with a sibling?

It was like that between my big sister and I. She cussed me out almost everyday of our lives.

So I think it's normal for certain people and under certain circumstances. But what matters is that you know you love your brother, as I knew my big sister loved me despite how she behaved toward me.
LilMissRedhead On June 17, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Jun 15, 2012 @ 19:05:30
@x_Laura_x Said

Most people my age that I know have grown to like their siblings as they've got older.

I really can't stand my brother and I can't see us ever getting along. We don't argue as such but you know when some people just annoy you no matter what they do? I get that with him.

Is it normal to just... not get along, ever, with a sibling?

There is no such thing as normal! But it's not unheard of for sibling to just never have that connection ... My Mother and Uncle, (her younger brother), being good examples! All she remembers as a child is him just being there ... no special relationship at all. And that's still how she feels to this day! She only ever speaks to him at family get together's, and even then neither of them try to make a conversation ... It's just the way of life Everyone's different!
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#45New Post! Jun 15, 2012 @ 19:12:14
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs