Family

Siblings

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#16New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 20:19:44
Oh god, I have moved out of my family home and I still hate him! I don't even love him, I really can't stand anything about him.

I actually don't think such an intense dislike is normal
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#17New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 20:26:01
@x_Laura_x Said

Oh god, I have moved out of my family home and I still hate him! I don't even love him, I really can't stand anything about him.

I actually don't think such an intense dislike is normal

I think I have an idea what might be wrong. And it might not be a justified dislike of your brother at all, but rather a misdirected dislike at your parents. For treating him with unjust favoritism.

And if such is correct; it is perfectly normal to feel strongly in regards to the situation...
I suspect this is it in light of the fact that you have moved out of the family home but still feel this way.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#18New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 20:27:24
From my experience, the quality of the sibling relationship is usually a direct reflection on the parents and how they handled each sibling.

My father's parents sucked at fair treatment. Ergo, my father and his brother didn't really gain a relationship until my uncle went into open heart surgery.

My parents were very good at fair treatment. My sister and I are best friends.

If parents provide an environment that fosters a close sibling relationship, the chances for a good sibling relationship are much improved. If they don't, then chances go down.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#19New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 20:46:51
My brother is totally the favourite. lol
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#20New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 20:52:49
@x_Laura_x Said

My brother is totally the favourite. lol

Then I suggest you think about that...Is it really fair to take out on him something he has no control over? And more likely than not, inside of him, he may feel badly for you, as he watches his sister be mistreated.
( I can recall seeing my sister getting smacked by our mom when we were kids; and even though we were fighting, I felt bad for her....and then the time my Aunt gave me and my brother a Christmas present, but not my sister..it hurt me to witness. I know it hurt my sister. (my aunt was mental, but that's another thread)
But it would have hurt even more if my sister hated me and my brother for something my Aunt or mom did. )
Magically Delicious

#21New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:02:07
I think Street Angel raises some valid points.

Perhaps you should try to reach out to your brother - unless he's a complete a** that rubs it in your face. If he doesn't, then maybe you can form some kind of relationship with him. If so, then it's possible he could actually become one of your staunchest allies.

If he does rub it in your face, then he's an a** and you're better off without a relationship with him because it would end up being all about him anyway.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#22New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:11:36
I'm not mistreated lol.

My brother is just the "better" kid. He doesn't smoke or drink and he's never got in a fight. He had a brain tumour when he was a kid so my mum's always wrapped him in cotton wool.

It's not the fact that my mum clearly prefers him, it's just... HIM. He is so annoying that I can't be in the same place as him for extended periods of time. I really, really cannot stand him.

I know it's stupid cos I'm in my 20s I just can't stand him!
Magically Delicious

#23New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:14:33
So is he whiney? Does he feign illness to get attention?

What does he do or how does he act that is so annoying?

@x_Laura_x Said

I'm not mistreated lol.

My brother is just the "better" kid. He doesn't smoke or drink and he's never got in a fight. He had a brain tumour when he was a kid so my mum's always wrapped him in cotton wool.

It's not the fact that my mum clearly prefers him, it's just... HIM. He is so annoying that I can't be in the same place as him for extended periods of time. I really, really cannot stand him.

root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#24New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:21:07
@x_Laura_x Said

I'm not mistreated lol.

That is a form of mistreatement though Laura. And it's a painful thing to witness parents behaving that way with their kids.

You should give them this, have it blown up and put on their fridge.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#25New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:27:27
@LuckyCharms Said

So is he whiney? Does he feign illness to get attention?

What does he do or how does he act that is so annoying?

Oh yeah he always fakes illness. I don't remember the last time he went to school five out of five days... cos he was ill as a kid my mum always buys it it's ridiculous. He picked classes that you can't fail so he could have more days off to play video games meanwhile I work all week to get money and if he wants it my mum just hands it out to him

His presence just irritates me but I can't really explain it
Magically Delicious

#26New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:29:36
@x_Laura_x Said

Oh yeah he always fakes illness. I don't remember the last time he went to school five out of five days... cos he was ill as a kid my mum always buys it it's ridiculous. He picked classes that you can't fail so he could have more days off to play video games meanwhile I work all week to get money and if he wants it my mum just hands it out to him

His presence just irritates me but I can't really explain it

I can.

Your mother is soft on him because he was/is a sickly child/person. He realizes this and takes advantage of it. You are/were not a sickly child/person and never got treated as such.

The good news is that his learned behavior will bite him in the a** as an adult. He is actually worth your pity.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#27New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:32:17
@LuckyCharms Said

I can.

Your mother is soft on him because he was/is a sickly child/person. He realizes this and takes advantage of it. You are/were not a sickly child/person and never got treated as such.

The good news is that his learned behavior will bite him in the a** as an adult. He is actually worth your pity.

Yeah I guess so... I've already told people he's pretty much unemployable anyway if he wants to take so many days off to play games. It's not cool

He is such a brown noser... he's so far up my mum's arse. He'll whine to her if I do something he doesn't like.

It even comes down to little things like constantly sniffing and not blowing his nose
Magically Delicious

#28New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:34:46
@x_Laura_x Said

Yeah I guess so... I've already told people he's pretty much unemployable anyway if he wants to take so many days off to play games. It's not cool

He is such a brown noser... he's so far up my mum's arse. He'll whine to her if I do something he doesn't like.

It even comes down to little things like constantly sniffing and not blowing his nose

Yup. He's going to have to learn a lot very quickly and very painfully if he actually wants to make something of himself. Especially when it comes time that he can no longer depend on your mother. The interesting thing is when he'll come begging to you for help.

You on the other hand have learned a lot of those lesson already and will be better prepared to handle what life throws at you.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#29New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 21:40:37
@LuckyCharms Said

Yup. He's going to have to learn a lot very quickly and very painfully if he actually wants to make something of himself. Especially when it comes time that he can no longer depend on your mother. The interesting thing is when he'll come begging to you for help.

You on the other hand have learned a lot of those lesson already and will be better prepared to handle what life throws at you.

My mum does everything for him! I'd find it particularly interesting if she went away for like a year.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#30New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 22:18:44
@x_Laura_x Said

Most people my age that I know have grown to like their siblings as they've got older.

I really can't stand my brother and I can't see us ever getting along. We don't argue as such but you know when some people just annoy you no matter what they do? I get that with him.

Is it normal to just... not get along, ever, with a sibling?

I don't. I haven't spoken to my sister in over a year and I'm not going to my niece's christening as I can't bare to be in the same building as my sister. We are just totally incompatible and I doubt that will change at all in the future.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs