Forums: Art & Literature:
Body Art

Sibling Tattoo Ideas?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
alli9000 On March 17, 2011

???, Minnesota
#1New Post! Mar 24, 2010 @ 23:44:18
I really want to get a tattoo that somehow represents my siblings. I was thinking something small on the back of my neck. My initial idea was to do three little stars (one for each of my siblings). Then I was thinking about doing each star the color for their birthstone but my brother was born in April and I don't know how white would look. But anyway does anyone have any ideas for me regarding this tattoo? Please and thank you!!
acidron On November 26, 2011

a wee country town, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 26, 2010 @ 16:46:41
I saw a girl in an office with a celtic sisterhood symbol. It was really pretty and she had it on the inside of her wrist. Hope this help you...take your time 'cause ya can't wash it off!
Kels8786 On December 02, 2011

Montgomery,
#3New Post! Mar 28, 2010 @ 03:24:47
You could always do an over all tattoo for family some sort of symbol or something that has to do with your last name... the star idea is cute though very popular right now. My cousin has three stars on her shoulder with each of her brothers names tattooed under them and also her last name on her foot with stars on either side.
loveme21 On May 06, 2010

la puente, California
#4New Post! Apr 19, 2010 @ 02:36:16
i soi wanna get a tattoo of an azalea flower they are soooo pretty but idk wheere i would want it 8) how much would that be hmmmm
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Apr 19, 2010 @ 03:07:11
When I think of 3, automatically the triquetra comes to mind. Maybe you could do this with each sibling's initials in a different section?

Or even this, with their names coming off from the center rather than lines.

Another idea is a dreamcatcher with 3 feathers that each represent a sibling. It might get to be a bit larger than what you'd like, though.

I found one that has a triquetra in it by chance But this is what I was thinking.

If you want to get symbolic... A triquetra could symbolize eternal bonds, whereas a dreamcatcher could symbolize you protecting your siblings (if you're the oldest) because dreamcatchers are meant to catch negative energy and bad dreams while letting the good stuff pass through.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#6New Post! Apr 19, 2010 @ 03:15:13
How about their handprints? Or babyfoot prints? That's what my cousin did for her miscarried big brother.
alli9000 On March 17, 2011

???, Minnesota
#7New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 03:49:46
@eternus_somnium Said

When I think of 3, automatically the triquetra comes to mind. Maybe you could do this with each sibling's initials in a different section?

Or even this, with their names coming off from the center rather than lines.

Another idea is a dreamcatcher with 3 feathers that each represent a sibling. It might get to be a bit larger than what you'd like, though.

I found one that has a triquetra in it by chance But this is what I was thinking.

If you want to get symbolic... A triquetra could symbolize eternal bonds, whereas a dreamcatcher could symbolize you protecting your siblings (if you're the oldest) because dreamcatchers are meant to catch negative energy and bad dreams while letting the good stuff pass through.

Ohhhh! I really like the dreamcatcher one as I am the oldest and I have made dream catchers for both of my living siblings and they hang above their beds when they sleep...but I would probably have to put it somewhere with more space
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 23:53:47
@alli9000 Said

Ohhhh! I really like the dreamcatcher one as I am the oldest and I have made dream catchers for both of my living siblings and they hang above their beds when they sleep...but I would probably have to put it somewhere with more space

Wow, it sounds perfect! Maybe save that one for another time/place and get a smaller, simpler one for your siblings?
IC3CUB3Z On June 14, 2010

Little Rock, Arkansas
#9New Post! Jun 04, 2010 @ 21:05:26
I really like the dreamcatcher. I have a small homemade tatoo on my upper arm that I want to embelish with orchids. I would probably put the dreamcatcher on my back.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs