The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Should he recieve "The Death Penalty" for his Hate Crime??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Chelsea_59 On November 15, 2008

Deleted

*~*Forever in Ryan's arms*~*,
#16New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 13:40:31
Hell yeah he should get the death penatly.
Unless you killed someone in self defence, it's wrong and you deserve to have your life taken as well. An eye for an eye.

Rai took a life of an innocent woman and the motive was because she was black.
I so totally think he should get the death penalty, why should the Georgia tax payers have to pay to keep his sorry a** alive until he dies in prison?? In fact, why should anyone have to do that??

There were over 160+ murders in Baltimore alone (not Maryland), just Baltimore. One city. And I can only recall two cases where somone was put on death row.
Why should my mom, sister, and I have to pay to keep them alive for the rest of their lives?

Another thing that bothers me with this story is the husband, Ricky, should be looked into as well. He remarried an Indian woman and gave up his parental rights to his in-laws. Whats up with that?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#17New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 14:28:38
@chelsea_59 Said
Another thing that bothers me with this story is the husband, Ricky, should be looked into as well. He remarried an Indian woman and gave up his parental rights to his in-laws. Whats up with that?

The husbands motive for his actions was likely the same as his fathers motive.... to avoid family shame in India! This just doesn't cut it, here in the States, but when our immigrant population brings their own cultural norms and values with them, this sort of 'strange, disgusting behavior' is, unfortunately, to be occasionally expected....

Deleted

#18New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 14:30:29
@saegespaene Said
The husbands motive for his actions was likely the same as his fathers motive.... to avoid family shame in India! This just doesn't cut it, here in the States, but when our immigrant population brings their own cultural norms and values with them, this sort of 'strange, disgusting behavior' is, unfortunately, to be occasionally expected....

Then why would he have married her in the first place?
Perhaps he was brainwashed by his father later, Idk.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#19New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 14:54:43
@chelsea_59 Said
Then why would he have married her in the first place?
Perhaps he was brainwashed by his father later, Idk.

Without hearing from the husband, we can only guess. But, I'm with you... I think he was trying to excercise some new-found freedom, being in this country, and opposed the wishes of his father, only later to succumb to his own cultural heritage -- and the pressure exerted by his father. His actions make him (in my eyes) appear to have possibly played a role in the whole thing, maybe expressing regret to his father.... Who knows, for sure?

Some crimi-series on TV will likely pick up the story-line and let us all know what really happened.

Deleted

#20New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 15:00:48
@saegespaene Said
Without hearing from the husband, we can only guess. But, I'm with you... I think he was trying to excercise some new-found freedom, being in this country, and opposed the wishes of his father, only later to succumb to his own cultural heritage -- and the pressure exerted by his father. His actions make him (in my eyes) appear to have possibly played a role in the whole thing, maybe expressing regret to his father.... Who knows, for sure?

Some crimi-series on TV will likely pick up the story-line and let us all know what really happened.

And I shall watch that TV show. It'll probably be Law & Order.
I guess if the son expressed his dissatisfaction with his father, I guess he failed to mention divorce? Or does that not exist in India?
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 15:03:48
I don't think he should be killed.

Deleted

#22New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 15:35:03
@semi_precious_stone Said
I don't think he should be killed.

Why? He took the life of an innocent woman b/c of her race and left a child montherless. I think thats worthy of the death penalty.
An eye for an eye.

Deleted

#23New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 16:02:36
I have a personal expirience with the death penalty. Some of you know my father was murdered.
And I have met and spoken to the man who shot and killed him.

My father was killed doing his job and protecting the public. The man who did it took his life to be able to sell a few oz. of crack cocain.
Not only did I lose my father, but what hurts probably the most is the fact my father's LIFE was taken for something so small and insignificant. There is no reason to kill any one (except in self defence, but that is neither here nor there).

The man who killed him has 80 years behind bars.
So basically, my mother is paying taxes to keep the man who killed her husband alive.
And soon, my sister and I will be doing the same thing.

Idk about you, but I think that is f***ed up.

I see no reason why he should be able to live any longer.
I see no reason why any murderer should be able to still live after they've taken the life of someone else.
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 16:28:30
@chelsea_59 Said
Why? He took the life of an innocent woman b/c of her race and left a child montherless. I think thats worthy of the death penalty.
An eye for an eye.

I don't agree with the death penalty, simple as that.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#25New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 16:29:59
All "hate crime" laws should be abolished.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#26New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 17:58:48
@raditz8526 Said

i sorta agree with you.

antrim, Ireland
#27New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 18:00:09
oh and im not for the death penalty.

let the f***er rot in jail, it'll make wish he was dead.

Deleted

#28New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 18:17:42
@mark_is_god Said
oh and im not for the death penalty.

let the f***er rot in jail, it'll make wish he was dead.

And have Georgia tax payers pay for a murderer to live in prison until he dies?

How come no one has any emotion toward the victim in murder cases? An innocent woman is DEAD b/c she was African American. She had her life taken from her b/c of her race. And her murder left her child motherless.

Any idea how it feels to lose a parent?? Any of you??

Deleted

#29New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 18:18:45
@raditz8526 Said

Why?
I kinda agree with you though. It'd pull the entire race card out of the equation.

antrim, Ireland
#30New Post! Jun 29, 2008 @ 18:20:52
@chelsea_59 Said
And have Georgia tax payers pay for a murderer to live in prison until he dies?

How come no one has any emotion toward the victim in murder cases? An innocent woman is DEAD b/c she was African American. She had her life taken from her b/c of her race. And her murder left her child motherless.

Any idea how it feels to lose a parent?? Any of you??

the death penalty costs *more* than life in prison.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs