The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Should America withdraw completely from Iraq?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Is it better they are slowly withdrawing?
Yes; the war is claiming too many lives, both American and native
No; the Americans have the might and therefore, the right to crush all opposition and asser their ways.
Leave Iraq alone. It?s not for America to invade their land. Leave them alone.
View Results
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Aug 02, 2010 @ 08:10:50
As I read, the Americans have pulled out of 38 bases in Iraq and Bagdad itself. I can?t help but experience a feeling of deja vu. Korea, Vietnam, in both conflicts the USA left before consilidating their holdings. I sincerely hope they don?t do this with Iraq. They went in strong at the beginning as always, and the affair was prolonged. They deserve to complete their circle of revenge and put a permenant stop to terrorism, not be driven away by it. Of all points in history, this would be the worst to repeat their tendency of conceding to the enemy.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 02, 2010 @ 08:15:16
Incredibly biased poll there.

To answer the question. Im not entirely sure. To be honest I would literally have to be there seeing what exactly is going on or at least speak to people who have done a share of tours there.

If genuinely they are liberating people from the taliban then i say to leave now would be dumb. The taliban will just take it all back the minute they are gone. I say to finish the job.

Having said that I have no idea what is really going on out there. Nobody does unless they are living it.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#3New Post! Aug 02, 2010 @ 08:45:28
@treebee Said

Incredibly biased poll there.

To answer the question. Im not entirely sure. To be honest I would literally have to be there seeing what exactly is going on or at least speak to people who have done a share of tours there.

If genuinely they are liberating people from the taliban then i say to leave now would be dumb. The taliban will just take it all back the minute they are gone. I say to finish the job.

Having said that I have no idea what is really going on out there. Nobody does unless they are living it.

I agree. So long as the Taliban exists, America should stay in Iraq to wipe it out. The unplesant alternative is to let the taliban have the power over the Americans to make them flee. A friend of mine at college said regarding American involvement in the Iraq War and I quote "it?s none of their business. All they want is the oil."

An indifferent and only partially true view of what the situation was. The Americans had to invade Iraq or bottle in their thirst for revenge. A most unhealthy option.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 02, 2010 @ 10:18:37
Shouldn't have gone in the first place, but shouldn't pull out now. Should be helping build the country up into a pleasant place for it's citizens to live so that terrorism isn't such an attractive option for them.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#5New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 14:24:08
@TheMightyOz Said

Shouldn't have gone in the first place, but shouldn't pull out now. Should be helping build the country up into a pleasant place for it's citizens to live so that terrorism isn't such an attractive option for them.

An interesting observation. Why would you say that terrorism, in Iraq at this time, is an attractive option?
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#6New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 17:51:07
@Conflict Said

As I read, the Americans have pulled out of 38 bases in Iraq and Bagdad itself. I can?t help but experience a feeling of deja vu. Korea, Vietnam, in both conflicts the USA left before consilidating their holdings. I sincerely hope they don?t do this with Iraq. They went in strong at the beginning as always, and the affair was prolonged. They deserve to complete their circle of revenge and put a permenant stop to terrorism, not be driven away by it. Of all points in history, this would be the worst to repeat their tendency of conceding to the enemy.

There was no teorismin Iraq when Washington went after Saddam. It was a civil war among the Suni, Shii, and the Kurds.
Terrorists were active across Europe and within the USA, The initiator was Saudi Arabia and Iran a bit later. When we leave Iraq the civil war will continue.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 18:16:01
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#8New Post! Sep 10, 2010 @ 17:24:05
@Conflict Said

We should leave Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and leave them to continue their centuries old conflicts.
In the meantime we should cintinue to develop a new army of anti-terrorists to concentrate on our redal enemy.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#9New Post! Sep 13, 2010 @ 15:41:37
@WASH Said

We should leave Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and leave them to continue their centuries old conflicts.
In the meantime we should cintinue to develop a new army of anti-terrorists to concentrate on our redal enemy.

Is Pakistan strong enough to protect their nukes? I wouldn't hedge my bets on it...The last thing we need is for Osama's people getting their hands on just one nuke and delivery system...WW3, would be inevitable.
Be_led_by_His_Spirit On June 23, 2011

#10New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 08:12:19
Read this. It makes me wonder if there is a different agenda for taking the USA out.

I don't get it. Islamics in Iraq torturing their own people.

https://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2010/09/2010912124250675405.html

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#11New Post! Nov 29, 2010 @ 09:28:37
Torture of one?s own people points to a desperate need, an extreme cause, or a failure to properly treat them. I don?t live in Iraq, so it is difficult for me to say . The only thing I can suggest is learn the truth of the matter. It is one of the three ideas I have put forth and because people tend to lie, we will have a hard time determining which one is the reason why the Iraqi?s have to torture their own.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#12New Post! Nov 29, 2010 @ 10:34:10
I see that this is from Aug 10 but asking this question is still nearly 8 years too late.
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#13New Post! Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:28:35
Actually, many Americans would prefer getting out of Iraq, Afghanistan, South Korea and Europe altogether. The push for a level of isolationism is the highest its been since the early 1960s. Pew Study from about one year ago showed almost half of all US citizens wanted the US out of these areas, minding its own business and taking care of issues on the domestic front. https://www.pewtrusts.org/news_room_detail.aspx?id=56338

The percentage is probably higher now than it was when the poll and study were conducted. There is a feeling among Americans that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't and that the rest of the international community is not pulling its own weight in areas dangerous to all.

The November elections may have been a bit of a signal regarding this and it will be interesting to see if the US begins to pull back and withdraw so as to deal with the rest of the world economically and leave the troubled areas to sort out their own problems.

WASH may be onto something in his September posts and the new WikiLeaks disclosures will just enforce the feeling amongst Americans that most politicians, regardless of country of origin, are basically inept and corrupt.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#14New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 09:21:42
America should annex all territories that harbor terrorism and bring them under the flag of the USA, not withdraw from them. It is the only way we can ensure long term secrurity for the world. Iraq is one such example. If the US Army pulls out their armed forces and does not impose its will, they will only give the Taliban and Al Quaida a chance to rebuild their own military forces and reemerge from the conflict stronger than before. This has been the case of any army that was not defeated in the battlefield. I hope America realizes this and completes its campaign to eradicate terrorism once and for all. Five hundred years ago, Iraq would have been conquered. I would prefer this to the prolonged agony and lack of success we seem to create in today?s conflicts.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 09:28:40
I think the best way to piss off Iraq is for every single American, every last one of you all, to move over to Iraq for a month and rather you are Christian or not, constantly go around and hold up bibles pretending to read them. Any time someone tries to have a normal conversation with any of you toss in peculiar esotericism like "It's as god has intended" or "Jesus will return soon."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs