Forums:
News & Current Events

Sheriff Joe for reelection

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:11:14
Despite a federal lawsuit Sheriff Joe is leading in the race for sheriff of Maricopa county, Arizona. No pussy liberal, he's tough and his record of law enforcement shows it. His achievements in lowering crime makes him unpopular with the liberals, who choose the wrong side, more often that not, IMO.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:18:37
"Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."

"The report stated that under Arpaio, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has "a pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos" that "reaches the highest levels of the agency."

"on December 15, 2011, the United States Department of Homeland Security revoked the MCSO's federal authority to identify and detain illegal immigrants."

"In February 2010, Judge John Leonardo found that Arpaio "misused the power of his office to target members of the (Board of Supervisors) for criminal investigation"

"The order stated that the Campaign to Re-Elect Joe Arpaio 2012 will be fined three times the amount of money that was spent on the mailer"

"An analysis by the Maricopa County Office of Management and Budget, completed in April 2011, found Arpaio had misspent almost $100 million over the previous 5 years. The analysis also showed a number of inappropriate spending items, including a trip to Alaska where deputies stayed at a fishing resort, and trips to Disneyland"

"a $456,000 bus, which was purchased by Arpaio in violation of county procurement rules."

Illegal treatment of people who have been convicted of no crime, racial profiling, sanctions by the federal government, abuse of power, wasting of taxpayer money, violations of election law. The whole bit.

Sounds to me like a horribly corrupt politician who has to go.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#3New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:33:01
@jonnythan Said

"Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."

"The report stated that under Arpaio, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has "a pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos" that "reaches the highest levels of the agency."

"on December 15, 2011, the United States Department of Homeland Security revoked the MCSO's federal authority to identify and detain illegal immigrants."

"In February 2010, Judge John Leonardo found that Arpaio "misused the power of his office to target members of the (Board of Supervisors) for criminal investigation"

"The order stated that the Campaign to Re-Elect Joe Arpaio 2012 will be fined three times the amount of money that was spent on the mailer"

"An analysis by the Maricopa County Office of Management and Budget, completed in April 2011, found Arpaio had misspent almost $100 million over the previous 5 years. The analysis also showed a number of inappropriate spending items, including a trip to Alaska where deputies stayed at a fishing resort, and trips to Disneyland"

"a $456,000 bus, which was purchased by Arpaio in violation of county procurement rules."

Illegal treatment of people who have been convicted of no crime, racial profiling, sanctions by the federal government, abuse of power, wasting of taxpayer money, violations of election law. The whole bit.

Whatever sheriff Joe is doing seems to be working, according to his record. I would be all for it. I've been told our own jail feeds prisoners only as much as they have to. They don't want prisoners to like it there.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:34:57
@hoppy Said

Whatever sheriff Joe is doing seems to be working, according to his record. I would be all for it. I've been told our own jail feeds prisoners only as much as they have to. They don't want prisoners to like it there.

The ends justify the means? Using taxpayer money to go to Disneyland, violating election law, and abusing innocent people is fine with you as long as crime rates go down?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#5New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:51:40
@jonnythan Said

The ends justify the means? Using taxpayer money to go to Disneyland, violating election law, and abusing innocent people is fine with you as long as crime rates go down?

Whatever it takes. If it works, fine.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 13:53:35
I think you would like living in Iran.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#7New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 15:00:30
@jonnythan Said

I like it here in Maricopa County, thanks to Sheriff Joe and even though Phoenix and other metro areas are run by liberals. I've not heard anything about moldy bread, but then I expect there isn't a household in the world that doesn't have moldy bread occasionally, even Buckingham Palace. Of course the liberal Arizona Repugnant will mischaracterize such events as they do about non-liberals all the time. The inmates do get bologna sandwiches, and if they don't like it, they can make sure they don't come back.

He's got my vote.
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#8New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 01:07:20
Everybody arrested is innocent until proven guilty, correct? Mistreating a prisoner that has not yet been tried, and therefore hasn't been proven guilty, is the same as mistreating an innocent person, then. So, this guy likes to mistreat innocent people. Wonderful. Just what America needs, a person that completely disregards American ideals.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 01:21:24
@jonnythan Said

DAM, he sounds like a stand up kinda guy! NOT!!!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 01:23:09
@Five_Tailed_Fox Said

Everybody arrested is innocent until proven guilty, correct? Mistreating a prisoner that has not yet been tried, and therefore hasn't been proven guilty, is the same as mistreating an innocent person, then. So, this guy likes to mistreat innocent people. Wonderful. Just what America needs, a person that completely disregards American ideals.

It would be nice if we could find out how many others out there in our law enforcement are just like this guy!!!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#11New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 02:40:21
@jonnythan Said

Get all the muslims outta there and I'll think about it.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 02:49:55
@hoppy Said

Get all the muslims outta there and I'll think about it.

I find it odd that someone so "conservative" is so willing to throw out the rule of law and s*** on the Constitution of the United States.

That's not conservative. It's fascist and anti-American.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#13New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 03:31:00
@jonnythan Said

I find it odd that someone so "conservative" is so willing to throw out the rule of law and s*** on the Constitution of the United States.

That's not conservative. It's fascist and anti-American.

I find it odd you are so liberal. I thought you were smarter.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 03:46:28
I don't define "liberal" as "dislikes corrupt politicians and wants to uphold the Constitution."
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#15New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 04:39:27
Is he the guy I saw on CNN that passed some bill about immigrants now can be asked at random to show their papers? Is he the guy who this other guy came out and said he was gay and they had an affair and the guy he had the affair with was an illegal and when they broke up, he made threats to have him deported?

I am not making this up, I remember this from CNN but am not sure if this is the guy or not.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs