Serious mood swings

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 22:39:32
My mood id swinging like crazy tonight from calm to crying for reasons I only vaguely understand to being super-angry and barely able to identify who I'm angry at to being happy to crying to raging to crying to calm to crying etc. It's nuts and I feel weird now and tired. I feel kind of wiped so now I'm more inclined to cry but like I said I'm not even totally sure why I'm crying. I'm not due my period for a couple of weeks so I'm sure it's not just PMS. What's going on?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 22:41:10
Can't really help you as I have no idea what could be causing it, but I hope you manage to chill out soon. Have a cup of tea and some chocolate or something. Mood swings are a b**** to control.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 22:43:43
@sister_of_mercy Said

Can't really help you as I have no idea what could be causing it, but I hope you manage to chill out soon. Have a cup of tea and some chocolate or something. Mood swings are a b**** to control.

I tried that already. I just keep going crazy
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:16:27
@crazychica Said

My mood id swinging like crazy tonight from calm to crying for reasons I only vaguely understand to being super-angry and barely able to identify who I'm angry at to being happy to crying to raging to crying to calm to crying etc. It's nuts and I feel weird now and tired. I feel kind of wiped so now I'm more inclined to cry but like I said I'm not even totally sure why I'm crying. I'm not due my period for a couple of weeks so I'm sure it's not just PMS. What's going on?

My friend was like that a few years ago, she told her GP and he sent her to a psychiatrist. I know some people run a mile when it's suggested but she said he was amazing and really helped her sort her head out. Might be worth a try if nothing else is working.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:18:26
@SparklyKatie Said

My friend was like that a few years ago, she told her GP and he sent her to a psychiatrist. I know some people run a mile when it's suggested but she said he was amazing and really helped her sort her head out. Might be worth a try if nothing else is working.

I tried setting up an appointment with Student Counselling in September. I didn't get through.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:21:42
@crazychica Said

I tried setting up an appointment with Student Counselling in September. I didn't get through.

I'd go see your GP, it's the first place I'd go. If you ask to see someone they will refer you and won't fob you off. It's worth a try isn't it?
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:23:50
@SparklyKatie Said

I'd go see your GP, it's the first place I'd go. If you ask to see someone they will refer you and won't fob you off. It's worth a try isn't it?

Maybe. I'd love to quit having crazy spells.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:25:56
Try vigorous exercise. It stimulates your endorphins, and wears you out..

The combination will make you feel less jumpy and b****y, and also make you feel a little happier and more peaceful. When I start feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin, I'll pull out my rope, and spend 30 minutes in the basement doing my old boxing routines.. I call it sweating out the crazies.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:27:30
@boxerdc Said

Try vigorous exercise. It stimulates your endorphins, and wears you out..

The combination will make you feel less jumpy and b****y, and also make you feel a little happier and more peaceful. When I start feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin, I'll pull out my rope, and spend 30 minutes in the basement doing my old boxing routines.. I call it sweating out the crazies.

My asthma's been a bit mad lately. I've got a chest infection which is clearing up but stairs are a b**** right now. Other than yoga there's not much I can do
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#10New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:30:02
Were there any events you were thinking of making you to have mood swings. THen I guess it's normal. Probably something troubling you unconsciously too. For me, I have mood swings all because I remember the childhood friends I've left for 10+ years and more best friends I have to leave for moving to US after living in several countries, not being there for my great-grand-pa's funeral, etc...
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#11New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:30:48
@crazychica Said

My asthma's been a bit mad lately. I've got a chest infection which is clearing up but stairs are a b**** right now. Other than yoga there's not much I can do

What about a really long, really hot shower... So hot and long that it makes you turn red, and makes your skin tingle??

Spend the time scrubbing your toenails, and stretching as far as you can.

The heat and the steam combined with the stretching and bending might be a decent substitute. And it shouldn't make your asthma worse, and might make it a bit better short term..
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:33:05
@boxerdc Said

What about a really long, really hot shower... So hot and long that it makes you turn red, and makes your skin tingle??

Spend the time scrubbing your toenails, and stretching as far as you can.

The heat and the steam combined with the stretching and bending might be a decent substitute. And it shouldn't make your asthma worse, and might make it a bit better short term..

I'll try it tomorrow. I've just been trying hot baths
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:34:13
@Ko Said

Were there any events you were thinking of making you to have mood swings. THen I guess it's normal. Probably something troubling you unconsciously too. For me, I have mood swings all because I remember the childhood friends I've left for 10+ years and more best friends I have to leave for moving to US after living in several countries, not being there for my great-grand-pa's funeral, etc...

Oh no. I know what's troubling me and it's been going on for months. It's an added mix of stuff that comes to the surface every now and then. It's annoying because there's nothing I can do about it and it seems to be getting worse rather than better.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#14New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:39:29
@crazychica Said

Oh no. I know what's troubling me and it's been going on for months. It's an added mix of stuff that comes to the surface every now and then. It's annoying because there's nothing I can do about it and it seems to be getting worse rather than better.

I know your feeling. Might not be that similar to mine but when that happens all I do is try to talk to myself (not in the crazy way though) and give out reasons and what could have been better because I can't do anything with that matter or fix it, so just try to improve somewhere else or to reach a certain goal to overwrite that one thing , you know. Sorry if it sounds puzzling.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:40:19
@Ko Said

I know your feeling. Might not be that similar to mine but when that happens all I do is try to talk to myself (not in the crazy way though) and give out reasons and what could have been better because I can't do anything with that matter or fix it, so just try to improve somewhere else or to reach a certain goal to overwrite that one thing , you know. Sorry if it sounds puzzling.

Doesn't help when the thing is in constant danger or snowballing on you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs