Forums: Random:
Fashion

Self-tie vs. pre-tie bow tie

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 12 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Jan 31, 2015 @ 20:16:38
It's been a while since I posted here. I've been busy studying and traveling, but I've not thrown in the towel, so to speak.

I return with this topic. I have bought a number of self-tie bow ties, and, although I appreciate the effort of forming the tie myself, I am aware of the fact that in Spain, and perhaps other countries too, that the pre-tie bow tie is the present and future design, whereas the self-tie is slowly fading away. I say this because the number of colors available for self-tie bow ties in my on-line store ereselegante.com, is more limited than the ones available for the pre-tie variety.

The spectrum of colors on offer for the pre-tie is certainly larger and more appetizing, whereas the self-tie is more narrow and a little more conservative. Perhaps I am wrong, but it looks to me like the pre-tie is going to prevail over the self-tie.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2015 @ 21:40:57
@Conflict Said

It's been a while since I posted here. I've been busy studying and traveling, but I've not thrown in the towel, so to speak.

I return with this topic. I have bought a number of self-tie bow ties, and, although I appreciate the effort of forming the tie myself, I am aware of the fact that in Spain, and perhaps other countries too, that the pre-tie bow tie is the present and future design, whereas the self-tie is slowly fading away. I say this because the number of colors available for self-tie bow ties in my on-line store ereselegante.com, is more limited than the ones available for the pre-tie variety.

The spectrum of colors on offer for the pre-tie is certainly larger and more appetizing, whereas the self-tie is more narrow and a little more conservative. Perhaps I am wrong, but it looks to me like the pre-tie is going to prevail over the self-tie.

Personally, I prefer the self-tie. I feel it looks way better.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2015 @ 22:33:25
Back in high school I used to wear self-tie bow ties.

As an adult they don't match my style anymore.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 31, 2015 @ 23:47:37
i use self-ties than bow-ties. at the age, i would look good bow tie. i am soo handsome i would look good in tuxedo. i can wear one everyday, even james bond would be jealous of me. bow-ties look stuff on men, if they aren't wear a tuxedo. my age, men who wear bow-ties, seen like professional look like professors, ceo, newscasters, or even an caretakers. men of my age need to look important that they get the respect that they are look for. not always from others. bow-ties is a image more than self-tie is to a man.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#5New Post! Feb 01, 2015 @ 11:55:07
I have a pre tie Bow Tie.
I would prefer to learn to tie on myself, just for personal self satisfaction but its just squeezing in the time.

All in all Id say a Pre Tie Bow is better than Bow Tie.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#6New Post! Feb 01, 2015 @ 13:00:04
@Hypnotica Said

I have a pre tie Bow Tie.
I would prefer to learn to tie on myself, just for personal self satisfaction but its just squeezing in the time.

All in all Id say a Pre Tie Bow is better than Bow Tie.

Why would you say the pre tie version is better?
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#7New Post! Feb 01, 2015 @ 13:53:48
@Conflict Said

Why would you say the pre tie version is better?

Meant to say better than No Bow Tie.

My bad

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 12:54:05
Well, in this partiuclar battle, I think the self tie would win. It does indeed look better and reflects more effort on behalf of the wearer. Who came up with the pre tie in the first place?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs