Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
backinblack On February 06, 2010
Random Q

Deleted

Pittsburg, Kansas
#1New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:20:16
This topic or condition maybe I am not sure what you would say self esteem is. But anyway I have just been thinking a lot about it. They say that a lot of your self-esteem comes from being young and how your parents treated you and what they said to you. My parents were very supportive and very nice and always encouraged me. I am not sure why but I have low self-esteem. What about you guys how is your self-esteem. I just want to know what you guys think about this how you change your self-esteem how to improve it. Here is some different self-esteems and how people handle it. Which one is you or are you a different one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Impostor: acts happy and successful, but is really terrified of failure. Lives with the constant fear that she or he will be "found out." Needs continuous successes to maintain the mask of positive self-esteem, which may lead to problems with perfectionism, procrastination, competition, and burn-out.

The Rebel: acts like the opinions or good will of others - especially people who are important or powerful - don't matter. Lives with constant anger about not feeling "good enough." Continuously needs to prove that others' judgments and criticisms don't hurt, which may lead to problems like blaming others excessively, breaking rules or laws, or fighting authority.

The Loser: acts helpless and unable to cope with the world and waits for someone to come to the rescue. Uses self-pity or indifference as a shield against fear of taking responsibility for changing his or her life. Looks constantly to others for guidance, which can lead to such problems as lacking assertiveness skills, under-achievement, and excessive reliance on others in relationships.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:22:06
I would be the impostor.....I think.
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#3New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:24:22
I'm a loser but I know it. Does that still count?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#4New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:24:55
Im The Loser
Random Q

Deleted

Pittsburg, Kansas
#5New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:25:25
Ok I got another question if anyone reads that and makes it all the way through. What makes you feel good about yourself. What makes you feel good about you? I am wondering especially like what another person does. What would someone say to make you feel good or what type of compliments or what things do you like a person to do. Show affection, give you gifts, compliment your look or clothes or what?
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#6New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:37:40
I'm a fake lol, i give myself good self-esteem. Like after i always say stuff like "it's because i'm awesome" or little things like that to make me feel better about me, but truely i dont feel good about me at all.

I dont get that many compliments so when i do get them i dont know how to take them so i normally revert to saying something like "i know" or laughing it off.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#7New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:40:22
@backinblack Said
Ok I got another question if anyone reads that and makes it all the way through. What makes you feel good about yourself. What makes you feel good about you? I am wondering especially like what another person does. What would someone say to make you feel good or what type of compliments or what things do you like a person to do. Show affection, give you gifts, compliment your look or clothes or what?

Well, my grades. Other than that....not much.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#8New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:47:20
i don't think any of that truly applies to anybody.
piling people into catogories is silly.
we may have traits from all three, or from all of the near infinite other character analysis you could make.

especially catogories that focus on negative aspects of personality, since a person is certainly not a sum of their faults.
Random Q

Deleted

Pittsburg, Kansas
#9New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:50:08
I have a hard time accepting compliments as well. Does anyone here find it easy to accept a compliment??
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#10New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:52:35
@alexkidd Said
we may have traits from all three, or from all of the near infinite other character analysis you could make.

especially catogories that focus on negative aspects of personality, since a person is certainly not a sum of their faults.

i agree, but i think it makes people feel better about themselves sometimes to know that there are others out there who have the same problems as they do. I think that is where catogories came from, so that way it would be easier to find someone like you. i dunno. I hate it when people stick me into a catogory.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#11New Post! Mar 14, 2007 @ 23:53:45
@backinblack Said
I have a hard time accepting compliments as well. Does anyone here find it easy to accept a compliment??

yeah, me too.
it's probably a bad sign if you do though isn't it?

i tend to dwell on my faults.
i have a lot of confidence in some areas,, but completly lack it in others. it's the contradictory nature of a persons personality that i think makes it impossible to catogorise,
only to single out aspects of a person, to help address certain issues within themselves.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#12New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 00:37:15
@alexkidd Said

I am.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 00:52:03
hmmm...maybe il come across as a really self obsessed person but i take compliments quite well.and i dont get that many but when i do,i dunno, i like it when someone notices something different about me, or something about what i do.
but generally im a bit of a faker too pinksparklystars
dot On March 17, 2007

O,
#14New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 03:13:08
Just except yourself for who you are, you dont have to act or be a certain way.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#15New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 03:28:42
If I had to pick one, I'd say the Imposter is probably closest.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs