Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 02:03:37
Girls: Let us in!
Parents: Let them in!
Supporters: Get with the times! Be more inclusive!

Boy Scouts of America: OK! We will let girls in! Hooray!!

Skeptics: You're doing that just to increase your ranks
Girls Scouts: Hey! You're stealing from our ranks!

Scouts BSA: What the f*** is wrong with you people?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 02:14:46
I totally get not having a massive Boy Scout Jamboree with a bunch of burgeoning adolescents from all three genders (or is it 63 genders?)...

But otherwise...

What the hell took so long?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 03:21:00
I remember something years ago, they were trying little girls joined the cub scouts.

when I was a cub scouts at jcca, I would have care if girls join the group. they probably look better in the little silly blue outfits. I shouldn't said silly. I enjoyed wear cub scout shirt and yellow cub scout bandana with my cub scout's bandana's holder ( whatever it call. )

I was 6 to 9 years old, I was cub scout and webelo. I got to the point, it become no fun doing it. that why I never became boy scout. my brother was a boy scout.

I think boys and girls should at least, try either girl or boy scouts. I think the parents ( the mature ones ) should be ok. why not, it should be healthy for kids.

for bsa, having a giant conversation with both boys and girls. I google up, this I not the first time, have try it. obviously, has work in the past. why they come up with it now?

in general, it is a parent's worst nightmare. who is watching these kids in one place. no way, the parents are not allow to this.

I can see this inside a city's baseball stadium, which more practice that a desert or a park.

I am glad I am not a parent in this one. if this really work, and enough supervision, I might consider let my brat and I mean my child go alone. I might consider going myself, and pick up a better kid, and let someone have my kid.

the whole idea doesn't sound like a good idea.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 04:26:01
curiously, they claim to be changing their name to 'Scouts' ...but the new name in full is Scouts BSA (i.e., Scouts Boy scouts of America) ...It seems to me there is no change at all.

It seems to me that segregating boys and girls is an antiquated idea whose time has past.

The YMCA is now just the 'Y'. The Scouts BSA (it seems to me) should just be Scouts.

And ...and the Boy Scouts was just a paramilitary organization marching around in their uniforms with their salutes and badges and ranks. I am not suggesting that it is a bad thing but that is what it is. Kind of like the Hitler Youth, it indoctrinates the kids to be good soldiers when they grow up so they can fight in wars and liberate oil rich countries.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 06:14:23
I see the benefit of having a Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Boys and girls separately.

Mom , dad: Withdraw your kid. Leave.

If it’s a numbers game, they’ll get the point and reverse course. But if the scouts don’t care and principle is more important, it’ll just turn to s*** anyway.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#6New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 06:26:26
Forgive me, but this shows people are stupid, or at least lack logic.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 09:00:58
I believe girls can join the Scouts in the UK also, but boys can't join Girls Brigade. Double standards!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#8New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 10:38:55
@cole Said

I believe girls can join the Scouts in the UK also, but boys can't join Girls Brigade. Double standards!

Yeah! No fair...
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 13:51:23
they similar call it " scouts of America " soa that represent both boys and girls.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#10New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 15:00:11
@Cpat92 Said

Forgive me, but this shows people are stupid, or at least lack logic.

?

Because they did it?

Or because it took so long?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 15:04:16
The Boy Scouts of America included racially segregated units as late as 1974.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#12New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 16:38:16
I do not see anything wrong with having them separated. Does it mean that there will be communal restrooms now seeing as they are the same??
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 16:46:19
@Komentenmelodie Said

I do not see anything wrong with having them separated. Does it mean that there will be communal restrooms now seeing as they are the same??

Communal restrooms in a camp site?
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#14New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 16:53:52
Anywhere!!! But it was a joke actually!! It does however raise a few potential issues, for instance what if there is an accident do they have a female "officer" present in a predominately male environment? Could leave way for a lawsuit if not super careful!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! May 04, 2018 @ 17:08:25
@Komentenmelodie Said

Anywhere!!! But it was a joke actually!! It does however raise a few potential issues, for instance what if there is an accident do they have a female "officer" present in a predominately male environment? Could leave way for a lawsuit if not super careful!!

Nature is one big Communal Rest Room... just ask Trump.

I would imagine that the rules will be the same as any other co-ed type organization, whether it be a school, police department, the military, a medical facility... or even a coffee shop.

Fortunately for the Scouts BSA, these sorts of issues have already been worked out (legally) they just need to not make stupid decisions that are not supported by local/state/federal ordinances/laws.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs