United Kingdom

Scotland - England, political divide

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 25, 2006 @ 17:33:41
The political division between Scotland and England has been important for many years, most particularly when Thatcher was in power. However since the coming to power of New Labour, the divide has seemingly become far less emphasised than before.

However in recent months the division has reapeared. In Scotland Labour is still the most popular party, and is well ahead of the conservatives. But i was shocked to see in England, Polls suggest that the Conservatives are more popular than Labour.

Has anyone noticed this recent political division reemerging?

And who do you plan on voting for at the next election?
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#2New Post! Sep 25, 2006 @ 17:38:34
I have noticed it but its normally by ignorant tosspots who have nothing else better to than s*** stir.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#3New Post! Sep 25, 2006 @ 17:41:01
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said
I have noticed it but its normally by ignorant tosspots who have nothing else better to than s*** stir.

Well i have to say it looks to be pretty acurate. Most people i know are labour suporters. Labour are as strong as ever up here, but appparently they aren't very popular in England.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! Sep 27, 2006 @ 18:33:15
Any party that is in power normally has to be guarded to avoid voter apathy. Labour have to be careful to get their voters out next time around. To sit back and think "I don't need to vote as Labour are sure to win" is the best way to let the Torys back in to wreck the country again.
xthedevilwearspradax On January 10, 2007

Catterick, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 20:41:52
I've heard that Scotland want to go republic. Well I say good for them! Aslong as we dont argue with the Och-ayers thats fine with me! To be honest us brits have been a pain in the arse for a while. With all the fussyness of saint georges day and banning tinsel. Scotland is a model country and we could all learn from them. Good luck for Scotland in the future!! I hope they do well in further years
Laurette_xx
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 23:48:53
@xthedevilwearspradax Said
I've heard that Scotland want to go republic. Well I say good for them! Aslong as we dont argue with the Och-ayers thats fine with me! To be honest us brits have been a pain in the arse for a while. With all the fussyness of saint georges day and banning tinsel. Scotland is a model country and we could all learn from them. Good luck for Scotland in the future!! I hope they do well in further years
Laurette_xx

Scotland going Independant would be terrible. It would ruin our economy and the whole social system and it would just be terrible.
xthedevilwearspradax On January 10, 2007

Catterick, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 23:55:55
I allways get beating with fantastic counter arguments touche my friend, touche.. I get so worked up with these emoticons it scares me...
But Scotland is cool, not as cool as Uk wooo go us I dont care if that had nothing to do with it.. dont ask mee ask the spork
Laurette_xx
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs