Religion

Science VS Religion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
jisu1234 On April 22, 2011

chino hills, California
#1New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 22:49:21
I'm interested in what people believe is better, the advancement of science and knowledge of the future? or an idea such as religion. My personal point of view is that I am in sort of the middle, who doesnt believe religiously while not being so stuffy about science. How about you?
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#2New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 22:52:24
Science is our best bet...

its true though...

chino hills, California
#3New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 22:54:02
I see interesting answer. But what if we do find out what happened? what then, we will need more and more and will never stop, will it not?
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#4New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 22:55:46
@jisu1234 Said

I see interesting answer. But what if we do find out what happened? what then, we will need more and more and will never stop, will it not?

You lost me...

What is the event youre referring to us finding out?

chino hills, California
#5New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 23:00:49
@8FlOz Said

You lost me...

What is the event youre referring to us finding out?

anything, reason for life, how we were created, how we came to be, questions that doesn't stop
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#6New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 23:14:59
@jisu1234 Said

anything, reason for life, how we were created, how we came to be, questions that doesn't stop

Oh...i highly doubt we'll find any of that out, unless some genius gets lucky and discovers reverse time travel, or it turns out we were a biogenetic experiment created by a superior race of ET, but youre right, too many questions.

Until its proven there is a deity, a higher power, or "God", science is what we should coast on. Sure its not right ALL the time, but usually it hits spot on...until someone finds a flaw.

chino hills, California
#7New Post! Jan 04, 2011 @ 23:16:38
@8FlOz Said

Oh...i highly doubt we'll find any of that out, unless some genius gets lucky and discovers reverse time travel, or it turns out we were a biogenetic experiment created by a superior race of ET, but youre right, too many questions.

Until its proven there is a deity, a higher power, or "God", science is what we should coast on. Sure its not right ALL the time, but usually it hits spot on...until someone finds a flaw.

hehe true that
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 05:31:15
@jisu1234 Said

I'm interested in what people believe is better, the advancement of science and knowledge of the future? or an idea such as religion. My personal point of view is that I am in sort of the middle, who doesnt believe religiously while not being so stuffy about science. How about you?

I used science with religion.

Metaphysics
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 01:10:38
@jisu1234 Said

I'm with you on this one.

My feeling is that both have value. The problem with religion, is not religion itself, but rather the way that it is interpreted and taught.

Personally, I prefer spirituality because it is individual and so is less likely to be corrupted.

Science is a valid and valuable tool. Both religion and science should always continue to question.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 01:22:46
@jisu1234 Said

Both ask us to accept what is told to be true, some of which might be easily demonstrated, others requiring trust in the author/source.

Science does, however, have the humility to be wrong and progressive. Religion is held, regardless of whether any proof to support/denounce it.

It comes down to who you trust more...
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 01:24:22
@jisu1234 Said

I don't think there is ever anything wrong with the quest for scientific knowledge, as long as it doesn't close people's minds to the possibilities outside its realm.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#12New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 01:39:09
I don't see why science and religion have to be exclusive unto themselves...I am a Christian, but I also use the common sense that God gave me. I do not subscribe to the young earth theory, evolution has happened,is happening, and will continue.
I'm not sure that I want to know what the future will bring...with that knowledge, life would loose it's challenges and become stale.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#13New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 01:58:32
@jisu1234 Said

I think the question you ask is rather loaded. It implies that religion precludes scientific inquiry, and vice versa, but this is clearly false. Many religious people believe that a god created a rational universe, and so they set out to study a universe they believe to be fundamentally rational. As the universe actually *is* rational, this seems to work well.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#14New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 02:29:54
@davii Said

Both ask us to accept what is told to be true, some of which might be easily demonstrated, others requiring trust in the author/source.

Science does, however, have the humility to be wrong and progressive. Religion is held, regardless of whether any proof to support/denounce it.

It comes down to who you trust more...

Not necessarily. Every person has the option of choosing scientific researcher as a career. If it's important to you to have first hand knowledge, pursue science and study it yourself.

I fall on the side of science myself, and trust enough not to need to study it myself. Religion, imo, has value for society, but is fundamentally created by man for the benefits it offers, including but not exclusive to the explanation of things not yet studied scientifically.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#15New Post! Jan 09, 2011 @ 02:39:09
@8FlOz Said

Science is our best bet...

its true though...

Ah, and there it is, the stupidest thing on the internet ever. Read up, it's an interesting link that dispells your misunderstanding, I think (it taught me a thing or 2, at any rate).https://armariummagnus.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs