The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 22:09:46

God is to be our standard of justice and we are to emulate his ways.

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

No judge in their right mind would do so in our justice system.

Is God less responsible than our judges?

Is God denying justice by not imposing his sentence?

Why is God not imposing his sentence and instead, is rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 22:34:25
@GreatestIam2 Said

God is to be our standard of justice and we are to emulate his ways.

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

No judge in their right mind would do so in our justice system.

Is God less responsible than our judges?

Is God denying justice by not imposing his sentence?

Why is God not imposing his sentence and instead, is rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL

Justice carried out hastily is justice that misfires.

We are not just dealing with humans who at present live a rather pathetic 70 years or so, He is dealing with spirit creatures far more intelligent than any human, and with the opportunity to live forever. No doubt time passes more quickly for then as it does for us the older we get. They are thousands if not millions of years old already. When the time comes, and Satanm is finally destroyed, no other spirit creature will be able ot yhik to himself "ah, but what if????" because all of the what ifs will have been seen to have been tried and failed, from all angles and in all conditions, therefore Satan's challenge will have been answered once and for all time. God does not want to risk the same thing happening again.

Of course He could have simply wiped out Adam and Even, Satan and all his followers there and then, but what would that have answered? would that not have meant that God was only ruling through fear? never may that be.

Would there not still have been a chance for another spirit creature to say, well Satan must have had a point or God would not have had to wipe him out there and then. This way that can never be because the faithful angels will have seen Satan being thwarted at ever turn, even when allowed a lot of leeway to do his worst. There will be no other way the challenge could come up again, and therefore no way God's people will ever have to suffer again at the hands of ones such as yourself, with their self promoting arrogance.

The same will be true for humans, though humans being so much less intelligent than angels may still do what people do nowadays and question the evidence, but those that do will simply be wiped off the face of existence because everything has already been proven, and a faithful record of that proof kept in God's word. A Isaiah recorded at
Isaiah 65:20 “No more will there come to be a suckling a few days old from that place, neither an old man that does not fulfill his days; for one will die as a mere boy, although a hundred years of age; and as for the sinner, although a hundred years of age he will have evil called down upon him".

God is waiting, though I doubt for one minute you will accept this since you always seem to think you know better than Him, for the plan to mature properly. He has the time set, He had it set over 6,000 years ago, in the Garden of Eden when He warned Satan what was coming. That time is near, and getting nearer.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 23:51:41
Thanks for ignoring the question of justice.

This shows that you think God is unjust and you cannot justify what he is doing.

Regards
DL
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#4New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 00:02:41
Personally, I think wars are unjust, and that makes peace more just, take what you can, at even the finite level. SO; for the "greenpeace" concept of Justice from God, there two levels of natural dgradation: by WAR, and by INDUSTRIALISM. I think it is the secons one that Ahmedinejad is for, in spite of what he is accused of.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#5New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 02:56:25
People want Justice. God does not.
There is no point to it for God. Why would God need justice when God created everything in the Universe, good, bad or indifferent.

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:03:24
This is where I have the relative perception of God (gods). Industrialism occurred in relative time earlier somewhat to the judgment of failing the natural mindedness of Peace in the world. Peace could accept life for peace and cooperation in the natural order of things for the God man needed and in effect chose. But He was already booted (in a way) out of the garden of Eden for needing to of escaping alienation from his fellowman.

Thus God needs justice by his relative cared for existence of gods.

Deleted

, Illinois
#7New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:06:29
@Reviso Said

This is where I have the relative perception of God (gods). Industrialism occurred in relative time earlier somewhat to the judgment of failing the natural mindedness of Peace in the world. Peace could accept life for peace and cooperation in the natural order of things for the God man needed and in effect chose. But He was already booted (in a way) out of the garden of Eden for needing to of escaping alienation from his fellowman.

Thus God needs justice by his relative cared for existence of gods.

What???

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:08:25
I know; you're seeing Satan less for the explanation. One of the relative gods of confronted absolute God could be Satan. Just a myth.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#9New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:09:33
@Reviso Said

I know; you're seeing Satan less for the explanation. One of the relative gods of confronted absolute God could be Satan. Just a myth.

Its no myth.
God is God
Satan is Satan, Satan wants to be like God.

Deleted

, Illinois
#10New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:11:22
@Reviso Said

I don't believe in Satan. So in this case there is nothing for God to do against something that does not exist in the first place.
Just my perspective.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#11New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:12:10
@futilevoice Said

I don't believe in Satan. So in this case there is nothing for God to do against something that does not exist in the first place.
Just my perspective.

How do you know that for certain.

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:13:44
@woodss Said

Its no myth.
God is God
Satan is Satan, Satan wants to be like God.

Yeah, there's the other way, the absolute way of suffered injustice; the gods precieved by humanity may be nothing more than concerned for virtues; the fact of the world is at the same time such and such as the way of the World.

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#13New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:18:57
So God waited till after we had a Heart to explain that virtue was the way of an improved World.

Deleted

, Illinois
#14New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:21:06
@woodss Said

How do you know that for certain.

I can rest assured that there is no Satan.
However, if Satan did exist and he was in fact a god with special powers, how could any mortal overcome his influence? If I know that, then surely God must know that too. So why put such an influence in the world to begin with.
This is the problem with most people who believe the devil made me do it. They use it as an excuse for bad behavior. If there is a Satan, we are it.

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#15New Post! Dec 11, 2011 @ 03:26:17
How does God tell a reason from an excuse which is an interpretation from one's own attitude? Somebody wants to say it is their first impression. But I doubt that for sure. The reason is self-consciously made up for the existence of the world, and it is the excuse we use at the other person.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs