Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#91New Post! Sep 29, 2010 @ 22:50:38
@boxerdc Said

You are obviously only watching one news channel, and reading very few print articles if you believe this to be true.

The GOP and the TP have been very good about getting their base supporters out to vote, but they have been very bad about showing them respect. Think Scott Brown.. He's been a huge disappointment to the Tea Party and has even sided with Obama on issues that the TP hates.

The GOP and the TP have become very good at polarizing the country, and turning even the most trivial issue into an "us against them" argument.
While there are many out there that like that, there are just as many who hate it.

The trick is to find people who can work in the middle. A good politician is someone who can get stuff done that most people don't like or hate.

I guess we have different opinions and, I'm sure, we source our news independently. The TP can't be polarizing too many people. Its membership nationwide has grown almost 300% in the last few months. The organization isn't 2 years old yet. Its how we view politics and the endgame, I suppose, because I find the actions of passing some bills that had no majority constituent support a more polarizing act.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#92New Post! Sep 29, 2010 @ 23:17:45
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I guess we have different opinions and, I'm sure, we source our news independently. The TP can't be polarizing too many people. Its membership nationwide has grown almost 300% in the last few months. The organization isn't 2 years old yet. Its how we view politics and the endgame, I suppose, because I find the actions of passing some bills that had no majority constituent support a more polarizing act.

It is growing so quickly precisely because it does polarize people. The TP presents all issues in black and white, which is fantastic for people who don't actually want to think.

In fact, people who do want to think know that nearly all issues are shades of gray.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#93New Post! Sep 30, 2010 @ 04:30:21
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Any politician who wants support has to consider whether his/her statements will work toward support or polarize people.

I can agree with that, but, I'm good with the idiots out there getting slapped in the face.

Besides... those people that they "offended" come election time will have forgotton and most likely vote the same way again, bc, well, they hear all the same promises and go for it again without knowing why that's what they want.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#94New Post! Sep 30, 2010 @ 12:51:21
@boxerdc Said

It is growing so quickly precisely because it does polarize people. The TP presents all issues in black and white, which is fantastic for people who don't actually want to think.

In fact, people who do want to think know that nearly all issues are shades of gray.

Well, if they have the sympathy and support of 31% of non-aligned voters, not counting membership, it would seem they are pulling people together rather than polarizing. I think what bothers the left and is polarizing them that this is the first time in recent political history that a right-based organization has risen so quickly and organized so effectively. It threatens everything the Left stands for.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#95New Post! Oct 01, 2010 @ 00:10:36
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Well, if they have the sympathy and support of 31% of non-aligned voters, not counting membership, it would seem they are pulling people together rather than polarizing. I think what bothers the left and is polarizing them that this is the first time in recent political history that a right-based organization has risen so quickly and organized so effectively. It threatens everything the Left stands for.

Non-aligned voters.... to me that reads "fair weather fans"

They promise all the same junk you get from any other politician just in different wording, and, in all honesty, they won't be able to make any of them work, just like any other politician. And when things that Non-aligned voters thought would get done, don't, they will move on to the next thing.

Not all of them, for sure, but many of them are like that.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#96New Post! Oct 01, 2010 @ 00:39:28
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Non-aligned voters.... to me that reads "fair weather fans"

They promise all the same junk you get from any other politician just in different wording, and, in all honesty, they won't be able to make any of them work, just like any other politician. And when things that Non-aligned voters thought would get done, don't, they will move on to the next thing.

Not all of them, for sure, but many of them are like that.

That's why the independent vote is powerful and is more successful at getting both sides to compromise. This election may be different because both sides are very far apart.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#97New Post! Oct 01, 2010 @ 00:43:36
@Junkyard_Jim Said

That's why the independent vote is powerful and is more successful at getting both sides to compromise. This election may be different because both sides are very far apart.

True. I've only ever been against the idea of an Independent running when they've been a buffoon (*cough* Perot *cough*)

I've always harbored ideals of running on the platform that I would donate all of my salary to the deficit. Alas, I quite often get too pissy at times and I don't want to be in control of the big button
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs