Society & Lifestyles

Same Energy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 27, 2019 @ 18:56:41
I saw that about Cardi too - in fact she mentioned it a few years ago and apparently got a pass on it.

I'm waiting for all the newrage backlash and her losing contracts - otherwise it is a double standard.

#SurvivingCardiB haha!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Mar 27, 2019 @ 22:38:00
So if the victims are willing to come foreword and work with police in investigating it, sure she probably should be indicted. There has to be evidence though.
As we know from 2016, just talking about what you may or may not of done without any evidence or specifics is just lockerroom talk.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 02:00:05
@DiscordTiger Said

So if the victims are willing to come foreword and work with police in investigating it, sure she probably should be indicted. There has to be evidence though.
As we know from 2016, just talking about what you may or may not of done without any evidence or specifics is just lockerroom talk.

And how many johns are going to come forward and say they hired a prostitute but was drugged and robbed instead?

I mean, she looks familiar ... but I only had $300 on me at the time ...
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 03:28:32
@mrmhead Said

And how many johns are going to come forward and say they hired a prostitute but was drugged and robbed instead?

I mean, she looks familiar ... but I only had $300 on me at the time ...

Technically, she was a stripper, but I see your point. Many men won't be willing to come forward for something like that. I believe she shouldn't get a pass.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#7New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 03:36:12
@Cpat92 Said

Technically, she was a stripper, but I see your point. Many men won't be willing to come forward for something like that. I believe she shouldn't get a pass.

You’re right she shouldn’t get a pass, but at the same time to charge people of crimes there are standards of evidence.
It’s perfectly acceptable for people to stop listening to her music because they don’t like her. But authorities can’t really do much of they can’t find evidence that it actually happened.

I don’t disbelieve her, I just don’t see how anything can be done on her story alone.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 04:31:09
@DiscordTiger Said

You’re right she shouldn’t get a pass, but at the same time to charge people of crimes there are standards of evidence.
It’s perfectly acceptable for people to stop listening to her music because they don’t like her. But authorities can’t really do much of they can’t find evidence that it actually happened.

I don’t disbelieve her, I just don’t see how anything can be done on her story alone.

I lack any expectations of what can be done. Even if they had enough evidence, it's possible she'll get away with it anyway.

One example (even though he's male) is R. Kelly. While she was no where close to being as bad as he was, there's a large amount of evidence, but he was acquitted. They are after him again, but he only got arrested based off of child support charges.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 06:15:07
@Cpat92 Said

I lack any expectations of what can be done. Even if they had enough evidence, it's possible she'll get away with it anyway.

One example (even though he's male) is R. Kelly. While she was no where close to being as bad as he was, there's a large amount of evidence, but he was acquitted. They are after him again, but he only got arrested based off of child support charges.

He was arrested twice. First on the sex abuse charges then again on the child support. I believe both cases are still active.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 14:22:27
@DiscordTiger Said

He was arrested twice. First on the sex abuse charges then again on the child support. I believe both cases are still active.

Regarding the first time, he was arrested as well, but was later acquitted. The treatment I speak of as well comes from the fans.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 15:15:04
DT is right there needs to be evidence.

Side note: this is something that many people don't understand about the U.S. legal system: Confessions are not good enough. There needs to be evidence that supports the confession. Though it is a given that there have been cases where police, prosecutors, judges and juries don't hold the evidence standard high enough... thus innocent people do get convicted.

Anyway... back on topic... It seems to me that many "public" figures have lost their careers over less. That is, criminal activity aside, why isn't Cardi B. being held to the same standard as say Paula Dean, Al Franken and others...?

Rhetorical question that.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#12New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 17:21:12
@Cpat92 Said

Regarding the first time, he was arrested as well, but was later acquitted. The treatment I speak of as well comes from the fans.

Not there were three total cases against him.

One a few years back where he was acquitted

One now with sexual abuse charges based of video evidence that he was just arrested and bailed out one,

then a child support case he was re-arrested within days of being bailed out from the sex crime case.

the last two cases are still working their way through the system.

He has been saying he thinks he shouldn't be arrested/tried again for the sex stuff... aka double jeopardy--- but that seems to be his misunderstanding of how that works. They appear to be separate instances, so he can be charged with them all.

I don't remember exactly what he is charged with, just that it involves a record sex act with a 14yr old. Every state has different wording the crime and i don't remember the exact ones, and am to lazy to look it up, hence me calling it sex stuff, but it is separate sex stuff incidents that what he was acquitted for years ago.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 17:40:53
If it were a male celebrity who said this, he’d be raked through the coals in public court and dropped like a hot potato from corporate sponsors.

The judiciary system, however, has other standards, namely evidence and victim testimony. This is why R Kelly and Bill Cosby can get indictments and she hasn’t yet.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#14New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 18:14:59
I know she's working with pepsi now, but is that it? Or does she have more that could drop her?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 18:24:17
I'm not sure if she is working on a new album or anything. most of the stuff on the radio now of hers was already done, so the label may not have stuff to stop her from doing, at this moment. I suppose individual stations (or iheart) can pull her from the rotations, but even that has not been good PR for them with others.

Like it will be interesting if she does stop getting new deals, or people respond by not going to concert/appearances. I just think she might be in a place that other than her social media stuff she's not working right now. Like her baby is still pretty young, she might be on a maternity leave of sorts. I do remember her talking about trying to do so much and hustle before the baby arrived, so she could focus on her for a bit.

it just maybe a matter of time, on how the consequences play out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs