The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

SUICIDE ??? Have you ever thought about it ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
uk_melon007 On September 24, 2009

Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 12:05:18
As the title says have you ever thought of suicide as a way to end your sadness or troubles.
chipmunkinator On January 21, 2016

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 12:07:56
Quote:

People often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead.

I find that very important. ^^^
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#3New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 12:14:51
When I was 18, I went through a time of deep depression after something happened to me that I had considered committing suicide. I still have emotional scars, but I know that suicide was not the solution.
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 12:17:31
No. Because in most cases, (not all) Its the easy way out.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#5New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 13:10:53
@uk_melon007 Said

As the title says have you ever thought of suicide as a way to end your sadness or troubles.

More times than I can count. I believe everyone has thought about it at least once. I could be wrong, but since I have Major Depressive Disorder, it's hard for me not to. Are you okay?

robinsblue On February 05, 2010

Deleted

, Canada
#6New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:09:06
@uk_melon007 Said

YES!!!!. After my last relationship break-up, the pain, grief, and loss of my best friend, lover, my partner in life, ruled me.
Sometimes it feels like it happened just yesterday, but I carry on. I no longer wish to die, no longer have the means to do so. I had saved up enough med's to do so.I realized the night I was going to take them all, that by the time anyone found me, it would be a very unpleasant situation, and I couldn't do that to anyone.
I make a point of finding something to smile about everyday, even if I think I don't feel like it. I also keep reminding myself that there is someone out there worse off than I, and so be thankful.
DeepRed On March 07, 2010
Tripologist

Deleted

Michael Winner's basement, Uni
#7New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:16:00
Well this is a morbid thread

The answer is yes but only in a kind of teenage angst 'ohh i really depressed so i must comit suicide' way, but thats a fairly easy thing to dismiss
spellchick On October 02, 2012
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#8New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:29:34
@Mysteria Said

I believe everyone has thought about it at least once.

I never have, but I think that is because I was affected by suicide at a young age. My favorite uncle shot himself when I was 12 and I remember how devastated my whole family was and how furious I was at him for doing that to them. That is the most selfish act a person can commit, in my opinion. However, I've never had any serious bouts of depression.

I certainly can sympathize with those who do think about it though and will do anything I can to help should someone need it.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#9New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:38:41
@spellchick Said

I never have, but I think that is because I was affected by suicide at a young age. My favorite uncle shot himself when I was 12 and I remember how devastated my whole family was and how furious I was at him for doing that to them. That is the most selfish act a person can commit, in my opinion. However, I've never had any serious bouts of depression.

I certainly can sympathize with those who do think about it though and will do anything I can to help should someone need it.

That's very kind of you and I'm sorry about your uncle.

What I meant is that I believe suicide has crossed every person's mind, at least for a split second. I'm sure there are many people who've never considered acting on the thought. It crosses my mind constantly, but I don't have a plan each time. I hope that makes sense. Sometimes I have trouble expressing myself.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#10New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:39:12
Most people have at least once in there lives or will think about it once in their lifetimes.

As to suicide being the easy way out. So wrong! You don't actually know what a person goes through long before they get to that point and it's different for everyone. Very painful topic as my Uncle also hung himself and it took years for him to finalize that decision and even then he tried "As told by paramedics at the time" to take the rope off but was unsuccessful. Car Exhaust for 2 of my dear friends and none of these were easy for them at all.

Years of pain preceded the act itself. A deep pain no one can understand until they've experienced it for themselves not just hear about it. Genuinely FEEL THEIR PAIN! Then we can comment with validity to our comments.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#11New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:42:19
When I was about 21, yes. I was struggling with chronic clinical depression and a major anxiety disorder that disrupted my daily life on a regular basis, as well as suffering from chronic insomnia. I saw a therapist for a while, but truly hated her (I know hate is a strong word, but this woman was awful!). I got to the point where I was tracing the veins on my wrists, and knew exactly where to cut if I decided to go through with it. I had the knife in my hand one night, the tip pressed against my wrist, and it hit me that this wasn't me. I remembered how much it hurt me when a friend committed suicide when we were 15, and how hard it was for me to recover from that. My family never knew how low I got. My doctors never knew how low I got. My friends never knew how low I got. Only 2 people have ever heard any of this before. I spoke to them regularly on a depression support forum, and got them online that night. That was the absolute lowest point I've ever been at. It took a good 3 or 4 years for me to really break free from that crushing emotional pain, but I've learned how to cope better, and that I don't have to hide my feelings. Not hiding makes a huge difference.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#12New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:42:25
@lilbear Said

Most people have at least once in there lives or will think about it once in their lifetimes.

As to suicide being the easy way out. So wrong! You don't actually know what a person goes through long before they get to that point and it's different for everyone. Very painful topic as my Uncle also hung himself and it took years for him to finalize that decision and even then he tried "As told by paramedics at the time" to take the rope off but was unsuccessful. Car Exhaust for 2 of my dear friends and none of these were easy for them at all.

Years of pain preceded the act itself. A deep pain no one can understand until they've experienced it for themselves not just hear about it. Genuinely FEEL THEIR PAIN! Then we can comment with validity to our comments.

I'm sorry for your losses.

I agree with what you said.
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#13New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:47:13
@lilbear Said

I get what you are saying, and I agree. I have never felt the level of pain and frustration which often accompanies the act of suicide. My uncle struggled with years and years of bipolar disorder. I know it wasn't an easy choice for him to make and I can't imagine it being any easier for anyone else.

However, I feel that what he did was ultimately selfish IN MY EYES because he had people who loved him and would have done anything for him all around him, begging to help him. He chose instead to stick the gun in his mouth and pull the trigger. That, to me, is selfish but that is just MY opinion on the subject.

I don't think there is ever anything that can't be overcome, but that is the outlook I have chosen for myself.
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#14New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:48:17
@Mysteria Said

That's very kind of you and I'm sorry about your uncle.

What I meant is that I believe suicide has crossed every person's mind, at least for a split second. I'm sure there are many people who've never considered acting on the thought. It crosses my mind constantly, but I don't have a plan each time. I hope that makes sense. Sometimes I have trouble expressing myself.

It does, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I am here.

claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 16:53:03
For a brief afternoon, in the midst of diagnosed depression, I did wake up from an afternoon nap (in the winter, so it was semi-light and not a good, healthy light) and wonder if I could face the next 10 minutes, let alone the rest of my life. Fortunately, I got commonsensical and pulled myself up by my bootstraps and said 'come on, mate. Onwards and upwards'. I'm eternally grateful that I did, otherwise I wouldn't have the husband and kids I've got now. Easy to say, when some people really do sink into despair, but from a personal point of view, I'm glad I found the iron in my soul.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs