The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

SENSELESS VIOLENCE at Subway in Phoenix takes two wonderful lives...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
AZcuriousm4U On January 24, 2015

Gilbert, Arizona
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 19:52:58
Phoenix does not have underground subways... this took place the fast-food sandwich shop, Subway.

Two GOOD kids\' futures wasted at Subway on Saturday, Nov. 5th.

another related non-subscription news link

Click on the Sunday, Nov. 6th or later "Subway" related news links - no subscription required.

I do not know these kids - I live completely across the Valley from where this incident took place, but THIS tragedy has really touched our ENTIRE Valley. I have cried a few times over how profoundly unnecessary and tragic this news item is... GOOD kids, working their way out of a tough environment. Two good kids working their way towards college at a local Subway restaurant after closing got killed here on saturday night for $50.00 in cash. To add insult to injury, the killers were 15 and 16 years old and from the SAME high school these teens graduated from, Carl Hayden, where my mom taught for several years until her retirement. In fact, she is coincidentally teaching there all THIS week, following this senseless tragedy - the students are all devastated, as are the teachers, she said. One of them came up to her with complete bloodshot eyes, saying that she just finished crying her eyes out and will now go back to try teaching her students. Now, only today, after students held a memorial providing some closure, we find out that the perpetrators of these killings that took place only a mile away from the school, are from the same school. So much for closure, huh? Imagine the message this sends to all the kids... stay in school, get good grades, stay away from drugs and gangs, work your a** off to go to college to have a bright future, then get gunned down only a year after graduation... by your own fellow students.

Horriffic.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 19:56:39
Wow this seem common in america. What a great justice sytem the americans have.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:05:32
Thats really sad news
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#4New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:08:24
wow this is terrible what people will do for money..it's crazy. Same with anything..sex..and money and drugs..the world is just going insane..I can't believe these kids were only 15 to 16 and killed someone. It's very scary and sad!

Gilbert, Arizona
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:15:38
Unspoken, I agree - and now, according to the most recent such decision bi our liberal Supreme Court, they cannot face the death penalty, either, so these families will have to continually go their parole hearings, etc. and dredge all the memories up for the rest of their lives. Sorry, but I believe in the death penalty - this case truly cries out for it. In fact, many of the kids interviewed all said they wanted the "killers" to face death - kinda wonder what they think today, after finding out it was one of their own who pulled the trigger.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#6New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:22:23
wow...Well I hope they get life in prision...which I kinda doubt because they are minors. It's kinda messed up how out governement works..I was watching montel sometime ago and this lady almost got killed by her ex husband..I mean it was really bad..and they let the guy go..then he comes right back too get her of course..and they let him go AGAIN! wtf! third time..I dunno how she lived through all this..I mean she should have been killed..but I forgot what happened too the guy after the 3rd time..oh ya when he was in jail he hired a hitman too kill his wife..it's just messed up. I think that was the 3rd time..people are crazy.

It's so sad knowing young kids were killed, having such a bright future in front of them ..I just hope those 2 kids get what they deserve!!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:25:03
All those who commit violent crimes should go to prison forever with no second chance. Sorry that's harsh but not as harsh as killing or raping somebody.

Gilbert, Arizona
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:33:19
OMG - I am so tired of "feel good" legislation and people saying that those who commit such acts aren't responsible or accountable for their own actions, due to environment, upbringing or "diseases." It's amazing to me that the justice system has become such a revolving door. That woman is very lucky to be alive. I guess they wouldn't imprison her ex until he killed her, huh? Attempted murder is no big deal anymore, yet if you touch someone the wrong way in the workplace or say something off-color, grow a few "pot" plants, you get put in jail for years. Go figure
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#9New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:35:10
Quote:
OMG - I am so tired of "feel good" legislation and people saying that those who commit such acts aren't responsible or accountable for their own actions, due to environment, upbringing or "diseases."

YAY!!!! I love you!

Gilbert, Arizona
#10New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:45:21
Cool, Reiko - glad to see I am not alone in my opinions... wanna be my friend?
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#11New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:48:12
@azcuriousm4u Said
Cool, Reiko - glad to see I am not alone in my opinions... wanna be my friend?

we Are!

Gilbert, Arizona
#12New Post! Nov 10, 2005 @ 20:51:30
Thanks, reiko.

Check out the latest online poll results:

Should the suspects in the Subway murders be tried as adults?
Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far.
Yes 96%
No 4%
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs