Politics

Russian interference

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Aug 02, 2018 @ 23:45:19
Am I missing something here, or is this Russian Interference stuff just an admittance that humans are gullible, and when you put important decisions in the hands of the gullible (aka Democracy), you run the risk of bad decisions.

So this places more importance on the control of information, or you have to have a tighter control of the leadership structure - those supposedly looking out for the better of the populace... at least in an "ideal" world.

Is it any different than propaganda on leaflets dropped from a plane?

Or loudspeakers blasting songs and speeches and whatnot over a border?

Is the Russian investigation just a "how did you beat me at our game" investigation?

I don't know, I'm not a scholar on this kind of stuff ...

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Average Joe

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Aug 02, 2018 @ 23:50:22
Challenge to Chaski: Reply as profusely as you often do, yet refrain from mentioning the name of he who should not be named!

I know you can do it, it's just that I probably tee'd up the OP for a grand-slam on he-who-should-not-be-named.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:07:21
@mrmhead Said

Am I missing something here, or is this Russian Interference stuff just an admittance that humans are gullible, and when you put important decisions in the hands of the gullible (aka Democracy), you run the risk of bad decisions.

So this places more importance on the control of information, or you have to have a tighter control of the leadership structure - those supposedly looking out for the better of the populace... at least in an "ideal" world.

Is it any different than propaganda on leaflets dropped from a plane?

Or loudspeakers blasting songs and speeches and whatnot over a border?

Is the Russian investigation just a "how did you beat me at our game" investigation?

I don't know, I'm not a scholar on this kind of stuff ...

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Average Joe

A. Russia has been trying to f__k with the USA since WW2
B. Yes, the USA does "it" also.
C. However, just because countries F__k with each other, does not make it legal.... example: spying on the USA's military is illegal.

D. More importantly, while it is a given that Russia has (& other countries have) f__ked with the USA, the more important issue is that: It is illegal for U.S. citizens to help (i.e. conspire with... aka collude with) any other country in their efforts to F__k with the USA.

E. It is also illegal for anyone to get foreign help in obtaining federal political election and/or appointment.

So.. Is the Russian investigation just a "how did you beat me at our game" investigation?

NO.

The Russia investigation is about:
1. What exactly did Russia do relative to the 2016 presidential election?
2. Did anyone in the USA assist Russia do whatever they did?
3. What was the impact of #1 & #2?

Note: Whenever a federal criminal investigation is being conducted, it is common for evidence of other crimes to surface. Examples:
> A real estate banking fraud investigation might lead to a drug money laundering investigation.
> A corporate embezzlement investigation might lead to a federal government contract fraud investigations.
> An investigation into what if anything Russia did in an effort to f__k with a U.S. election, might lead to an investigation into U.S. citizens illegally accepting money from Russia (think Flynn).
> Etc.

So...

Is the Russia investigation new, surprising or unusual: NO.
Does the fact that it happens all the time mean that "we" should ignore it: NO.
Does the fact that the president of the USA, clearly, had some friends who have plead guilty to crimes and other friends who have been indicted and are presently standing trial for illegal activity mean that the president of the USA himself did anything illegal: No.

Guilty by association is not a crime.

On the other hand, one might wonder why the president is constantly calling the investigation into what exactly Russia did or did not do (and which Americans, if any helped) a "Witch Hunt". A smarter (innocent?) president would want to uphold our Constitution and let the investigation find the facts... all of the facts.

But only very naive people have ever accused our president of being very smart.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:33:19
since the attack of 911, you think that America got better in everything in the government.

seem anyone or any country can get into our government's access. it doesn't look is that hard. because America government, their blinders on just either look away, or just stupid or both.

bozo is doing all most of all the presidents have done, depend on the people of the united states, instead the congress and both houses.

congress and both houses are like ' the borgs " just follow the collective mind, president bozo. who are republican and democract's congress more afraid of bozo or the America public.

seem for years, congress has no spine anymore, if they ever have it. really!! what happen to conscious when common sense tell them, it is wrong about bad treatment or I mean the humanity to your fellow human beings, who care where they from.

all these attacks like " iris ", these nonsense ideas that projecting that bozo trying America great, is many ways as not a target for anyone, we are more joke than ever before.

let be honest, we really think Russia has a great mastermind to come the greatest scheme to throw our government in chaos, when we have bozo, congress, and both houses to for Russia.

who need Russia, we have America the great to do for them.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:42:49
@mrmhead Said

Challenge to Chaski: Reply as profusely as you often do, yet refrain from mentioning the name of he who should not be named!

I know you can do it, it's just that I probably tee'd up the OP for a grand-slam on he-who-should-not-be-named.

I think I exceeded the challenge.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:44:54
I used to actually think that Cadet Bone Spurs was INNOCENT!

Via his tweets he is slowly but surely whittling away at my disbelief. 😞

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:54:42
@chaski Said

A. Russia has been trying to f__k with the USA since WW2
B. Yes, the USA does "it" also.
C. However, just because countries F__k with each other, does not make it legal.... example: spying on the USA's military is illegal.

D. More importantly, while it is a given that Russia has (& other countries have) f__ked with the USA, the more important issue is that: It is illegal for U.S. citizens to help (i.e. conspire with... aka collude with) any other country in their efforts to F__k with the USA.

E. It is also illegal for anyone to get foreign help in obtaining federal political election and/or appointment.

So.. Is the Russian investigation just a "how did you beat me at our game" investigation?

NO.

The Russia investigation is about:
1. What exactly did Russia do relative to the 2016 presidential election?
2. Did anyone in the USA assist Russia do whatever they did?
3. What was the impact of #1 & #2?

Note: Whenever a federal criminal investigation is being conducted, it is common for evidence of other crimes to surface. Examples:
> A real estate banking fraud investigation might lead to a drug money laundering investigation.
> A corporate embezzlement investigation might lead to a federal government contract fraud investigations.
> An investigation into what if anything Russia did in an effort to f__k with a U.S. election, might lead to an investigation into U.S. citizens illegally accepting money from Russia (think Flynn).
> Etc.

So...

Is the Russia investigation new, surprising or unusual: NO.
Does the fact that it happens all the time mean that "we" should ignore it: NO.
Does the fact that the president of the USA, clearly, had some friends who have plead guilty to crimes and other friends who have been indicted and are presently standing trial for illegal activity mean that the president of the USA himself did anything illegal: No.

Guilty by association is not a crime.

On the other hand, one might wonder why the president is constantly calling the investigation into what exactly Russia did or did not do (and which Americans, if any helped) a "Witch Hunt". A smarter (innocent?) president would want to uphold our Constitution and let the investigation find the facts... all of the facts.

But only very naive people have ever accused our president of being very smart.

Thanks!

I don't disagree with any of that ... but ...

It's not like they hacked into the voting system and changed actual votes.

They just hacked into voters minds ....

The Investigation is over who is controlling the information that is leading the people one way or another.

Coke or Pepsi

Maytag or Kenmore

Ford or Chevy

US advertisers use subliminal, subjective, or misleading messages.

Yes, the ways and means may be considered legal or illegal, and the mechanisms evolve, but it's still delivering information to influence a choice.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#8New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:56:09
I read in an American History book A History of the American People by Paul Johnson that the United States has more than 10,000 elections every year. I'm not sure that I have quoted a correct number, but Johnson insists that the United States has more elections than any other country.

By election, I think he means every contest from dog catcher to president. So the presidential election would not be one election, but maybe 1000 elections.

Johnson takes a more or less conservative view of American history. For example, he doesn't grouse about Sacco and Vanzetti, and he doesn't even mention Samuel Insull.

The point I want to make: The United States has a complicated system of elections. One wonders how the Russians could tailor their propaganda in a way that could effect the elections

Paul Johnson on CSpan .

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:08:46
@Ghyda Said
The point I want to make: The United States has a complicated system of elections. One wonders how the Russians could tailor their propaganda in a way that could effect the elections

Paul Johnson on CSpan .

Very good point.

Maybe instead of worrying about the thousands of individual points, they learned they could treat it at a macro level. .. and wouldn't social media be just the platform...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:14:48
Russians probably does like any other American, who interesting in an candidate in any election, just look up on the internet. go to the city newspaper, local library, and go to people, who know the candidate personally just ask about him or her.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:42:07
@mrmhead Said

It's not like they hacked into the voting system and changed actual votes.

They just hacked into voters minds ....

Russia, I.e. Putin, is not pro-Democrat nor pro-Republican.

This is the fallacy that Republicans in particular have embraced...

Russia is pro-divide and conquer.

Americas have and are feeding into the Russian plan to divide “us”.

Every time a Dem insults a Rep, every time a conservative insults a liberal... the winner is Putin... every time.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:44:36
@Ghyda Said

I read in an American History book A History of the American People by Paul Johnson that the United States has more than 10,000 elections every year. I'm not sure that I have quoted a correct number, but Johnson insists that the United States has more elections than any other country.

By election, I think he means every contest from dog catcher to president. So the presidential election would not be one election, but maybe 1000 elections.

Johnson takes a more or less conservative view of American history. For example, he doesn't grouse about Sacco and Vanzetti, and he doesn't even mention Samuel Insull.

Paul Johnson on CSpan .

Russia isn’t interested in our 10,000 elections.

Russia is only interested in the big ones that will divide Americans from each other.

And that is a plan that has proven to be very easy to tailor.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:57:17
to be more specific:

Russia, i.e. Putin, did not want either Hillary or Trump to win.

Russia. i.e. Putin, wanted Americans to be divided against each other.

Putin was successful.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 02:21:27
putin won't have to go after small elections.

Russia isn't prejudice with black and white election, putin didn't go after Obama in his first election or his second election. that he didn't have both republican and democrats went after Obama.

Russia after bozo and Hillary might been for the power but the money to get from republican's win in long run. like tax cuts now.

did Russia try throw the election for the money or the power? simply, we can take over America any time, we can. can you stop us?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Aug 03, 2018 @ 11:46:56
@Ghyda Said

By election, I think he means every contest from dog catcher to president.

If the past few decades have proven anything, it's that we need at least one more election for a president catcher.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs