Random

Royal Wedding Specials

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 17:04:04
So the bookies have laid out odds on the Royal Wedding with bets on things like what colour The Queen's hat will be and whether Kate's father will cry when he takes her down the isle.

https://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/300718/Wedding-Specials.html

Anything to make the countries most mundane day somehow interesting I suppose!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#2New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 17:04:45
Also, 100-1 odds on Kate to leave William at the alter. Oddly tempted to have a flutter on that, also it would be hilarious!
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 17:12:58
I wonder what the odds of Kunt and the Gang making it to number 1 in the charts.
xRuby_Kissesx On June 14, 2011

Deleted

Sailing the high seas..., Unit
#4New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 17:13:51
Wish I knew how to place a bet, anyhoo the Queen will have a blue hat at a jaunty angle, Phil won't know where he is, and Harry will come out of the closet wearing the Queen's 2nd choice of hat.
And they all lived happily ever after...
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 18:30:16
@jmo Said

So the bookies have laid out odds on the Royal Wedding with bets on things like what colour The Queen's hat will be and whether Kate's father will cry when he takes her down the isle.

All the time there are silly people who gamble, there will be bookies who are only too happy to take their money.

I notice you've removed your winnings for the year from your siggy, Geoff. Didn't back Aberdeen to win at the weekend by any chance, did you..?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 18:41:54
@Jennifer1984 Said

All the time there are silly people who gamble, there will be bookies who are only too happy to take their money.

I notice you've removed your winnings for the year from your siggy, Geoff. Didn't back Aberdeen to win at the weekend by any chance, did you..?

No, stayed away from betting on that match with a bargepole.

Pity really because before the game I predicted the score line correctly.
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#7New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 18:42:48
You can bet 100/1 if they will have "McDonalds/KFC/Burger King" for Dinner.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:13:43
You can bet on loads lol.

First Cliché - Applies to the sermon given by Richard Chartres at the marriage ceremony of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Applies to the first FULL AND EXACT phrase from below. Bets void should none of the below be stated/should RC not give a sermon.

Truly Happy To Be Here
11/4
Diana
16/1
Beautiful Bride
25/1
Marriage Is Important
8/1
Queen Elizabeth
16/1
Marriage Is A Gift From God
25/1
Lasting Relationship
8/1
Successful Marriage
16/1
Previous Generation

Successful Gatecrasher - Applies to Royal spokesperson confirmation of a gatecrasher for the marriage ceremony or reception parties held on the 29th April 2011 for William & Kate. 'Gatecrasher' must be referred to. Statement must be made by end of Friday 6th May 2011.

No
1/50
Yes
10/1

Gotta love the bookies for weird bets.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:14:04
@Jennifer1984 Said

@jmo Said

No, stayed away from betting on that match with a bargepole.

Pity really because before the game I predicted the score line correctly.

LOL. It's comforting to know you have pretty much the same sort of faith in your team as I have in mine.

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:19:15
I like it that way. Whilst success is rare on the occasion we do do well or get a good result then it feels great. It was funny looking at Celtic fans leaving early in a match they where winning 4-0. I mean if we won a game 4-0 we'd release a DVD of it, for them it was just so run of the mill it can't be as fun following a team who always win.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:23:16
@SparklyKatie Said

You can bet on loads lol.

Gotta love the bookies for weird bets.

I agree. Novelty bets on the Royal Wedding are good for a laugh. I wonder what price I'd get to bet the Queen comes out of the royal loo at some point in the reception, with her skirt tucked in the back of her knickers.

But at least the RW is a welcome distraction from the plethora of tedious lads adverts currently infesting commercial breaks on TV for gambling websites. If Ray Winstone comes on TV one more time, looking like Ron Manager in his camelhair coat and hamming up his faux cockney accent, to tell us to "bet in play.... nahhh" I'm going to scream

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#12New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:28:24
@Jennifer1984 Said

I agree. Novelty bets on the Royal Wedding are good for a laugh. I wonder what price I'd get to bet the Queen comes out of the royal loo at some point in the reception, with her skirt tucked in the back of her knickers.

But at least the RW is a welcome distraction from the plethora of tedious lads adverts currently infesting commercial breaks on TV for gambling websites. If Ray Winstone comes on TV one more time, looking like Ron Manager in his camelhair coat and hamming up his faux cockney accent, to tell us to "bet in play.... nahhh" I'm going to scream

Pity the wedding isn't on Sky. Would love to see Ray Winstone go 'Hold up, the latest in play markets are on your screen naow' and for it just to say 'Charles caught on camera talking to the flowers in the bride's Bouquet before it's thrown: 7/1'
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 19:33:55
@Jennifer1984 Said
I wonder what price I'd get to bet the Queen comes out of the royal loo at some point in the reception, with her skirt tucked in the back of her knickers.

If she's anything like me the chance it happens will be quite high.
tg On March 03, 2024

Udon Thani, Thailand
#14New Post! Aug 16, 2022 @ 02:01:24
п»ї
It’s already per month as I’ve been making use of new browser. CryptoTab browser, to get actual. Do you want me to request why? I’ll let you know. It doesn’t just search well, but lets you get paid Bitcoin with ease! Find out more, follow the link - https://cb.run/xyNs
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs