Entertainment

Roseanne

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 21:35:13
Whew, talk about your career and life’s work destroyed within hours of a mindless tweet.

Don’t use Twitter, kids.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 21:56:57
Pretty funny... in a sick sort of way.

In one tweet Roseanne wrote: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

> Note: "vj" is Valerie Jarrett, an African American woman.

Then Roseanne defended herself in a tweet saying "i honestly thought she was Jewish and Persian".

So, presumably the "Persian" reference the link to the "Muslim brotherhood"... which displays its own level of ignorance.

That would then mean Roseanne was essentially calling Jewish people are "apes".

Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 22:10:07
@Leon Said

Whew, talk about your career and life’s work destroyed within hours of a mindless tweet.

Don’t use Twitter, kids.

So what did she say? I can’t find it on Twitter anymore.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 22:17:10
TWI = Tweeting While Intoxicated

She blamed it on tweeting while on Ambien.

The makers of Ambien said Racism is not a side effect of any of their products!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 22:22:56
interesting part of the whole thing, abc will give the rest of the cast, a second change in a new sitcom call, " the bonners ".

not because of defending Roseanne, they were against her. but the fact, abc already order the second season of " Roseanne ". cancellation show at this stage will cost abc and " the casey production " that produce Roseanne cost them more for them now than if it was cancelled after the season finale.

abc just gave the green light to the casey that has one of the tv situation writer in tv. bruce Helford , who wrote for " the drew carey show " is will to agree to rewrite the show's premise with Roseanne in it.

it would interesting to see laurie and john be husband and wife, sarah and other sister, ( which both stars are coming back. ) Michael is coming back, the rest of the cast coming back.

the success of new show will line heavy on laurie, then john and sarah. the rest of the cast will depend they can really act. it probably heavy on the first six episodes of the first season, if the show going to last.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! May 30, 2018 @ 22:55:36
I think more celebrities are being more open how they feel than years ago. it was more taboo for an celebrate to express their selves, because they could be blacklist.

i wasn't surprise that Roseanne said, but to save face abc had to cancelled her show. indirectly, abc is cleaning the act and save face after unnecessary cancelled " last man standing ", because tim allen's politically views. less in 10 days, fox picked up tim's show put up on this coming tv season. they said don't care do much how tim's views are. fox said, " the show is really funny ".

of course, Roseanne is a different because she was outline with her comments. the entertainment business can go both ways with Roseanne. not like roaseanne, doing anything like Harvey Weinstock or kevin spacey with girls or women.

in entertainment, Roseanne could a huge comeback from this, and abc will begging her come back to tv in less five years. remember, people forget and just give them a new gimmick about a person, they forget the past quickly.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 00:13:30
alas
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#8New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 00:35:34
Isn't the freedom to tweet in the constitution.

She is a comedian. She made a joke.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:14:32
@Erimitus Said

i have read the joke that she read several times in the last time, it in a bad taste. abc and others using Roseanne as an example, that won't tolerate this kind of behavior.

all major primetime tv channels are more concerns about losing ads than ratings. ads are bread and butter than tv shows. primetime channels are under fire in last two years than ever before, you never heard a cable channel make such a big deal on anything.

this more politic than entertainment, i really couldn't care less what Roseanne said. abc is embarrass bring her back to tv, and they know damn well, she never care what she said in public.

sarah gibert is on " the view "has to stay a clear in anything that could have get her fire or her show can be axe. sarah throw Roseanne under the bus to save herself. despite, sarah owes everything to Roseanne.

laurie and john are very successfully movie and tv stars, they came back for the fans of the show.

Roseanne, if she want to keep going in show business. she just had a setback, but her career is far being over.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#10New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:24:45
The first amendment only guarantees protection from government prosecution. ABC is not the gov’t.

She’s free to say whatever racist trash she wants and ABC (Disney) is free to say that is inconsistent with their brand and they no longer want to employ her or work with her.

Two people publicly announced they were quitting the show, before it was cancelled... who knows if there were more that called ABC and did so privately. There may not have been much of a show left.

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:39:10
@twilitezone911 Said
<All of Them>

Great posts Twilight!

I agree with all of them!

I thought about the same thing with the 2nd season - they said they just started filming or something. And wondering if ABC "found a way out".
And good information that they also found a way to wriggle around some contract pitfalls.

... and I've been interrupted enough to forget what else you said, but ...

Yeah!!

(or maybe it's the bourbon)
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:39:41
@Leon Said

Don’t use Twitter, kids.

I understood it was a whole series of tweets, but just the one directly against VJ that is getting the most press.

I just took it like when someone here has gone off into needing the ban hammer. We usually cite one or two things as the worst most obvious “unacceptable behavior” but usually the whole thread is a mess so we have to quarantine it all.

I didn’t see all her tweets, as I don’t follow her, but I’ve seen at least three others from that morning that were questionable in the bigotry/conspiracy theory territory.

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:48:12
@Erimitus Said

Agree!
She made a joke. Nobody is throwing her in jail.

ABC now chooses to no longer employ her. IF there are contracts, I'm sure there are SOPs to deal with crap like this.

It's not like she's a politician and needs to go through so much rigmarole to remove them, or just endure it until the next election cycle.

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 01:57:26
@DiscordTiger Said

I understood it was a whole series of tweets, but just the one directly against VJ that is getting the most press.

I just took it like when someone here has gone off into needing the ban hammer. We usually cite one or two things as the worst most obvious “unacceptable behavior” but usually the whole thread is a mess so we have to quarantine it all.

I didn’t see all her tweets, as I don’t follow her, but I’ve seen at least three others from that morning that were questionable in the bigotry/conspiracy theory territory.

There was also the "Chelsea Soros Clinton", and the re-stir of the debunked Nazi CT (which a certain presidents son decided to re-tweet)

It's all ridiculously funny on one level, but really sad at another, aside from the "Did you really just say that?" reaction.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 02:09:15
@mrmhead Said

Great posts Twilight!

I agree with all of them!

I thought about the same thing with the 2nd season - they said they just started filming or something. And wondering if ABC "found a way out".
And good information that they also found a way to wriggle around some contract pitfalls.

... and I've been interrupted enough to forget what else you said, but ...

Yeah!!

(or maybe it's the bourbon)

thanks!

with 2 season, right now, would the planning stages of storylines. in june and july, they would staring writing.

all major tv channels doesn't start filming in middle to tail of end of july. before september, all tv shows that in the fall, must have at least, four to eight episodes ready go to the end of august and the beginning of september.

i think this reason, was due by the fact in 60's and probably closer to 70's, that the second weekend of September. especially on Saturday cartoon new tv shows on three major tv channels that launched the new tv season.

one of the pitfall that tv channels had after tv season was over, what do in the summer.

cable was smart for each season: fall, winter, spring, and summer to launch 20 to 30 shows new shows or old shows with new episodes. 20 summer shows on primetime in summertime that are different mostly reality shows.

doing somewhat brilliant philosophy that not have the audience not watch so many reruns. this way, the fall and winter tv shows that are has a better chance pick up new audience that didn't have the fall or wintertime. in the past, there is about 30 tv shows make a huge comeback falling ratings in the wintertime this has been in the last 3 to 5 years.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs