US Election 2012

Ron Paul in the lead approaching Iowa caucus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:54:47
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/1220/What-if-Ron-Paul-wins-Iowa-and-New-Hampshire-too

It seems like Ron Paul is ending up as the last man standing after one candidate after another falls out of favor. This is interesting to watch, I don't think I've seen an election dynamic like this one before. What do you think will happen if he wins Iowa? I find it odd that Paul winning is seen as a potential discredit to the process. I'm curious about how the media seems to have universally just decided that there's no way he could ever win, so if he does, something must be wrong, lol
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:59:27
The media is absolutely bonkers.

More people I know support Ron Paul than any other candidate. It's not even close. Ron Paul's supporters actually like him, unlike those who support Romney or Gingrich who mostly do so because they're the least s***ty of the options.

There's a reason Paul takes in so much in small private donations. People actually like him and his policies. Shocking! I see Ron Paul stickers on cars and lampposts everywhere I go.

The media absolutely refuses to acknowledge that he's legitimate. It's staggering that a "fringe" candidate can show up and possibly win Iowa based purely on grassroots support.

If Paul were treated the way Obama, Romney, Cain, Gingrich, and Perry were treated, he'd be running away with the whole thing.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:05:37
So how did that happen? How did they all decide to universally refuse to take him seriously?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:07:19
It's always been that way. His policies are outside the mainstream, so they ignore him. End of story. They don't seem to care that "mainstream" ideas haven't gotten us very far in the past 30 years.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:14:41
@Lili Said

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/1220/What-if-Ron-Paul-wins-Iowa-and-New-Hampshire-too

It seems like Ron Paul is ending up as the last man standing after one candidate after another falls out of favor. This is interesting to watch, I don't think I've seen an election dynamic like this one before. What do you think will happen if he wins Iowa? I find it odd that Paul winning is seen as a potential discredit to the process. I'm curious about how the media seems to have universally just decided that there's no way he could ever win, so if he does, something must be wrong, lol

I'm not American, but Ron Paul crops up time and time again on the sites I visit, and as far as I can tell he represents ending the Federal bank and the fiat currency system, and return the Gold standard.
If that is so, the media are going to give him a rough ride because the mainstream media belongs to the corporations he's promising to squish.
I'm not smart enough to figure whether the return of America to the Gold standard will destroy or save the worlds economies...these are interesting (pun not intended) times.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:17:14
@Wheezy_Knight Said
the mainstream media belongs to the corporations he's promising to squish.
I'm not smart enough to figure whether the return of America to the Gold standard will destroy or save the worlds economies...these are interesting (pun not intended) times.

Paul doesn't want to squish any corporations. Far from it.

What he does want to do is end crony capitalism, where corporations control government and politicians - who are constantly seeking more power - gladly take money from the corporations and make the federal government bigger and more expensive in an endless cycle.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:18:53

This is the s*** that is killing our nation.

Deleted

#8New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:24:33
@jonnythan Said

Paul doesn't want to squish any corporations. Far from it.

What he does want to do is end crony capitalism, where corporations control government and politicians - who are constantly seeking more power - gladly take money from the corporations and make the federal government bigger and more expensive in an endless cycle.

You put it better than I did, but I assure you we mean basically the same thing, he's out to stop the coprotocracy.

If he's also out to expand the government at the expense of the corporations/Fed, I predict he'll end up building the same thing under different names.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:27:34
@Wheezy_Knight Said
If he's also out to expand the government at the expense of the corporations/Fed, I predict he'll end up building the same thing under different names.

Expand?

Uh, no. That's the exact opposite of what Paul wants.

Paul wants to flat-out eliminate large portions of the federal government. That's the entire point. Small government, low government spending.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#10New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:37:37
@jonnythan Said

This is the s*** that is killing our nation.

What exactly is that representing?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:40:24
@someone_else Said

What exactly is that representing?

It's showing that a large portion of the people holding federal government positions and making policy decisions are also on the payroll of large corporations.

Where's the sense in having someone who gets a paycheck from a massive multinational agricultural enterprise making federal policy decisions on how to regulate agriculture?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#12New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:43:05
The media is just :/ when it comes to Ron Paul. I know more Ron Paul supporters than any other candidate (and not just this time around - supporters that have been by him for YEARS) and not to mention, there are so many local support groups just in my area that it's amazing that the media is so damn callous when it comes to him.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:43:59
Okay so...what's the likelihood that if Paul is elected, he'll be able to actually implement that plans that he wants?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:46:05
@someone_else Said

Okay so...what's the likelihood that if Paul is elected, he'll be able to actually implement that plans that he wants?

Well he'll never be able to implement a lot of it, but there's a lot he can do on his own, including bringing all the troops home and engaging in foreign relations in a very different way. He can also ax federal departments like the Ed because those are departments of the Office of the President.

So as President he can make a big, big impact right away.

Deleted

#15New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 18:47:40
@someone_else Said

You mean before the bankers and corps pull all the money out leaving him high and dry?

0.00023% likelihood of implementation success.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs