Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Feb 14, 2012 @ 22:57:23
Thoughts? Opinions?

I like Ron Paul and will more than likely vote for him this year, however, my only issue is his desire to repeal Roe V Wade.
Not that I think the US Congress would let that happen (far too much red tape, lobbyists, etc.), it's an important issue to me. I guess every rose has it's thorns...

Repealing Obamacare, cutting US spending by getting rid of unnecessary bureaucracies,
Quote:
To stand with the American People, President Paul will take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.
<- not too sure how much I believe that, so we'll see it when it happens.

He seems like a good candidate and actually... I'm really looking forward to getting Obama out of office. I don't make him out to be the epitome of Satan like some, I just think the "Change" really happened. I see no real evidence. I also feel like he was a "pop culture candidate" who won because of the excitement of having a black president.

However, because we let the (in the words of Russell Brand) "Retarded Cowboy Fellow" in again, I think Obama will receive a second term.
I hope I am wrong.
trueblulov On August 23, 2012

#2New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 18:10:42
you just had a baby right? so shouldn't you of all people want to vote to keep obamas healthcare plan in?
Carly's Mommy

#3New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 23:16:49
@trueblulov Said

you just had a baby right? so shouldn't you of all people want to vote to keep obamas healthcare plan in?

I didn't just have a baby. Still pregnant.
And I'm under my mom's insurance until I'm 21 and by then I'll have my degree in Medical Office Assistance.
MoonOwl On September 22, 2012

MoonShipFour, Florida
#4New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:01:11
Ron Paul is the only Republican I would vote for.

I can tolerate Dr. Paul's stance that it go back to State's rights w/abortion. That is the very least of our problems right now and is used as one of the biggest distractions by the candidates and rest of the politicians. Along w/"Gay Marriage".

Imho, Dr. Paul is the smartest man in the room at the moment and is the only one I have ever heard publicly state that he could not guarantee that he wouldn't be assimilated into the status quo if he were to be elected as President. (2008). That's honesty for you.

Unlike the rest of the candidates out there where a quick look at their campaign donors tells where their loyalties truly lie.

I do believe that if Ron were elected this time that he would truly try his damndest to make sure the American people were our governments 1st, second & third priority. Not any multi-national corporation or any foreign nation.

Hence the media spin and reason Dr. Paul has less than a snowballs chance. Perhaps when more Americans realize what's really happening they'll stop voting against their better interests?

I've been waiting for the 21st Century to arrive here.... Perhaps in December when the Mothership returns?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#5New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:09:38
I always wondered... If Dr. Paul did succeed (very small chance now) in become president and was able to re-instate the "State's Power" thing, how fast would Jim Crow laws come back? On top of that, Roe vs Wade would be moot too because Roe v Wade was a federal law and the fed would no longer have any jurisdiction to enforce it. I wonder what federal laws would remain? EPA would be shut down so no more clean water to drink, no more clean air to breathe, etc. The Fed would be shut down so no more FDIC so you could lose all your money in the bank if the bank went south... lots of weird things would happen under Dr Paul
Carly's Mommy

#6New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:11:47
The only issue I have with him is his desire to overturn Roe V Wade.
MoonOwl On September 22, 2012

MoonShipFour, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 23:45:10
Another thing that would be curious about Dr. Paul winning the Presidency is that once in office and assimilated into that status quo, if the voting public would then get an inkling as to just how deeply entrenched said status quo really is?

Probably not.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 23:51:10
@Kristy69 Said

I didn't just have a baby. Still pregnant.
And I'm under my mom's insurance until I'm 21 and by then I'll have my degree in Medical Office Assistance.

You understand that you'll be covered until you're 21 because of "obamacare", right?

And currently, because the full effect of the healthcare law has not taken effect, you'll be covered, but your child will not.

So, when he repeals it, neither you or your child will be covered.

Just sayin'.
Carly's Mommy

#9New Post! Mar 10, 2012 @ 01:31:50
@boxerdc Said

You understand that you'll be covered until you're 21 because of "obamacare", right?

And currently, because the full effect of the healthcare law has not taken effect, you'll be covered, but your child will not.

Just sayin'.

My mom can claim grandchildren who live in a home (are dependent of) that she is under "head of household" in.

Obamacare probably won't be repealed in the next 10-20 months. And that's all the time I need to get my certification.

But I suppose it's null and void anyway.... Obama is going to get re-elected.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#10New Post! Mar 10, 2012 @ 01:35:14
@Kristy69 Said

My mom can claim grandchildren who live in a home (are dependent of) that she is under "head of household" in.

Obamacare probably won't be repealed in the next 10-20 months. And that's all the time I need to get my certification.

But I suppose it's null and void anyway.... Obama is going to get re-elected.

She can claim the baby on her income taxes if she can show that she provides the majority of support.. Health care is a different matter.
Carly's Mommy

#11New Post! Mar 10, 2012 @ 01:38:12
@boxerdc Said

She can claim the baby on her income taxes if she can show that she provides the majority of support.. Health care is a different matter.

Idk about that, my mom has been talking to her insurance company and I'm pretty sure the baby can be covered.

Either way, I'm not concerned. Obama is going to be re-elected and Winter 2013 I'll have my own health insurance.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 21:14:08
@MoonOwl Said

Ron Paul is the only Republican I would vote for.

I can tolerate Dr. Paul's stance that it go back to State's rights w/abortion. That is the very least of our problems right now and is used as one of the biggest distractions by the candidates and rest of the politicians. Along w/"Gay Marriage".

Imho, Dr. Paul is the smartest man in the room at the moment and is the only one I have ever heard publicly state that he could not guarantee that he wouldn't be assimilated into the status quo if he were to be elected as President. (2008). That's honesty for you.

Unlike the rest of the candidates out there where a quick look at their campaign donors tells where their loyalties truly lie.

I do believe that if Ron were elected this time that he would truly try his damndest to make sure the American people were our governments 1st, second & third priority. Not any multi-national corporation or any foreign nation.

Hence the media spin and reason Dr. Paul has less than a snowballs chance. Perhaps when more Americans realize what's really happening they'll stop voting against their better interests?

I've been waiting for the 21st Century to arrive here.... Perhaps in December when the Mothership returns?

I'd back him too! But then I'd vote Democrat. Ron Paul as the Republican candidate...well you might as well just declare Obama the winner and not hold an election.
Lettherebelight On April 07, 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
#13New Post! Mar 31, 2012 @ 01:14:36
@Kristy69 Said

The only issue I have with him is his desire to overturn Roe V Wade.

Ron Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies as an OB/GYN and was taught that when he's is seeing/treating a pregnant woman that he has TWO patients. He is very pro-life and has used his values and had women seek other options besides abortion such as Adoption.

He protects the American people’s freedom of conscience by working to prohibit taxpayer funds from being used for abortions, Planned Parenthood, or any other so-called “family planning” program. It is this whole welfare state that people think that they are "entitled" to something for free.

I think the issue that needs to be brought up that is frowned upon here in this society that we have now, is that it is not a federal issue as such in the case of "Roe vs. Wade", it is the issue of morality. When the morality of people change, so do the laws BUT Laws will not correct the basic problem and that is the MORALITY of the PEOPLE.

Watch video for his take on Roe vs. Wade

He looks to the Constitution on how issues should be dealt with and he wants the power out of Federal hands and into the States Hands. Then it would be up to the State and essentially it is up to the Jury's to decide on each individual situation because it is not easy to deal with.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Mar 31, 2012 @ 05:51:33
@boxerdc Said

Just sayin'.

Actually if in school full time until she is 26.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Mar 31, 2012 @ 06:06:21
I like him, especially over the other Republican candidates. But the only way I see him winning the nomination is if he threatens to run as a third party "or else".

Either way, he has zero chance in November.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs