Forums: Music:
Goth

Rock bands you are into?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
LadyFoxx On April 05, 2016

El Paso, Texas
#1New Post! Sep 21, 2015 @ 19:20:38
I like Disturbed, Evanesces, Back keys, Skillet, Hollywood undead, Five finger death punch,Korn,Incubus,Tritium,Flyleaf,Even's Blue, Rob zombie & lots of more bands.
LadyFoxx On April 05, 2016

El Paso, Texas
#2New Post! Sep 21, 2015 @ 19:22:04
Sorry I meant Trivium ( computer mistake ).
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#3New Post! Sep 21, 2015 @ 21:28:41
Little more old school for me (naming a few)
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Shinedown
Seether
Led Zepplen
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Beatles
Ozzy
Queen
Pearl Jam
Rolling Stones
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Sep 21, 2015 @ 21:53:25
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo

Perhaps the greatest heavy metal...truly heavy metal...live concert ever.

munkey On October 03, 2015

Vancouver, Canada
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2015 @ 22:08:05
I also like the older rock bands like

Metallica
Ozzy Ozbourne
Pearl Jam
Beatles
Green day

thpse ar just a few theres so many older bands that are great , not many new bands that have alot of good songs , maybe a few good songs thats it. the older bands have tons of good songs yo could sing for hours with.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2015 @ 13:57:05
Wow, Green Day is considered an old band now. I guess it makes sense, as their album Dookie is already 20 years old. Time just goes by so fast is all.

It seemed like only yesterday that they put out that album, considered to be the catalyst for the punk revival that took place then.

So, yes, I was into that, as well as the initial punk scene that broke 20 years earlier than that, and as well as all its offshoots and influences that made up the bulk of what was called the alternative rock genre.

All of it, of course, pretty much dead from young listeners these days, and has been for a few years, which is probably why Green Day is now considered old. I don't even think alternative rock is even a genre anymore. There are indie bands, but it has a different sound and feel, and not as influenced by its punk origins as it used to be.

Part of it, of course, is the declining popularity of rock in general. If rock isn't popular, then alternative isn't relevant, as rock itself is the alternative to what yound people listen to. Seems to me, everywhere I go, teenagers are listening to dance pop, hip hop, EDM, etc.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Sep 24, 2015 @ 07:41:56
I never got into ' heavy metal ', because I heard more music and a lot of scream singing. I couldn't understand the music out of my radio. I don't worry, I don't understanding bob Dylan, either. what kind of music, he was singing. was his words were English? I only relate to thread that I heard about all these band's names. does ozzie Osbourne and bob Dylan have the same music coach?
ForumNazi On December 28, 2016

Bossier, Louisiana
#8New Post! Nov 21, 2015 @ 18:21:48
Five finger death punch, Falling in Reverse, Escape the Fate, A Skylit Drive, Starset, Breaking Benjamin, Sleeping with Sirens, Dance Gavin Dance, Buck Cherry, In This Moment, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Iron Butterfly, Alice In Chains, Alice Cooper, Bring me the Horizon, Bless the Fall, Megadeth, Breathe Carolina, Flyleaf, Paramore, Silverstein, Asking Alexandria, Alesana, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, AFI, H.I.M, The Darkness, Keane, Korn, Serj Tankian, System of a Down, Melanie Martinez, Manian, The Script, Hoobastank, Secrets, Cute is what we aim for, Carolina Liar, The Used, Fall Out Boy, Hinder, Saving Abel, Etc.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs