#1New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:06:58
Do you take risks?

What would you classify as a big risk?

What was the last risk you took?
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:23:11
I think just waking up in the morning is a risk. So many ways to die just in the house alone

I would say the biggest risk I ever took was with Maxi. So much hurdles to go thru
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:38:24
@Makeitreal Said

Living everyday is a risk, from the moment you open your eyes til you close it, there's always the risk. Life is too risky but we have to go thru it.

Even after you close them is a risk
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:39:36
I once cum across a lion in the jungle
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#5New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:40:20
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

I once cum across a lion in the jungle

That's a picture in my head I don't need
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:42:26
A big risk would be accepting medical treatment from todays doctors (not that yesteryears doctors were better), the majority of these "trained professionals" are idiots and their approach is designed to save the majority......... the minority become cannon fodder.

I don't really take risks anymore, but I guess the last time would have been when me and my friend used to run across the train tracks and the last one to cross won........pretty dumb

#7New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:43:46
I can't access my pm's does anyone know why?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:45:03
@chief_big Said

I can't access my pm's does anyone know why?

Wrong thread.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:48:41
@plebian_angel Said

I think just waking up in the morning is a risk. So many ways to die just in the house alone

I would say the biggest risk I ever took was with Maxi. So much hurdles to go thru

@Makeitreal Said

Living everyday is a risk, from the moment you open your eyes til you close it, there's always the risk. Life is too risky but we have to go thru it.

True, but things like waking up or going to sleep are things that we don't really have a choice over. I mean decisions that you actively make that are risky.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#10New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:50:45
@sister_of_mercy Said

True, but things like waking up or going to sleep are things that we don't really have a choice over. I mean decisions that you actively make that are risky.

I choose to get on the highway every morning in my car, that's a risk. I mean if you lok at life, it's nothing but a risk. I activily make a lot of decisions a day that are risky. From modes of transportation I choose, to what I eat which could result in food poisoning...Yes climbing a mountain my be riskier than staying home, but you could die or get hurt either way.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:55:39
Quitting my job, selling my house in Texas at about a 7 grand loss and moving back to the St Louis area with no employment prospect. That was about 5 years ago.

That's the last really big risk I took, but I'll echo others and say that every day is something of a risk, driving a car...eating food I haven't prepared...even going for a jog. Those little risks are just facts of modern life though.

#12New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:03:41
@sister_of_mercy Said

Well thats how all decissions are made whether subconcious or not, risk/reward, i drank some water out of the tap yesterday and it had a metalic taste.
I assumed it was high concetrations of mag/cal in the water but it could have been arsenic, I risked my life because I was thirsty .

This illussion that because you make a concious decission you are somehow taking a risk is like believing in free will......... Your reaction to situations are predetermined by previous experiences, current condition, and your ability to assess the situation etc.etc. so nobody takes risks as such as their actions are dictated by internal and external factors
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#13New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:14:24
I used to jump out of planes and climb rock walls without ropes and such. They're not really the kind that alter the direction of your life, but they could have ended it.

I'm not really sure what the last real risk I took would be, but it's much mellower than those things, more of the "direction of your life" kind of things these days.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#14New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:18:25
Following my dreams are the biggest risks I've ever taken.

Currently, it's spending $6 grand on an extremely rigorous school schedule. Many people in my situation do things in 18 months. I'm trying to do it in six months. That is a huge risk, cause if I fail, money and time will be wasted.

My writing career. Focusing on it and really expanding my skills and putting a minimum of three hours a day into my writing while everyone else looks at me and can't understand why I do what I do. Some think think I'm wasting my time, others are jealous, some think I'm making a mistake, others don't know why I focus on writing when I have a career path that is set and completely different.

Also taking the chance and putting my writing out there. Going through extremely harsh critiquing processes, getting rejected, getting accepted, getting rejected, getting accepted, getting rejected, getting accepted, getting rejected... over and over and over and over again.

Taking a risk giving up a job that pays twice what I make now because of certain things.

I guess.. no risk is too high if A) I believe I can do it and B)If I achieve it, I'll reap a lot of benefits.

Everything else is not a risk. I mean, I been mountain climbing and stuff and I've done dangerous things but in that moment, I knew it was a risk that I could pay with my life and I was okay with it. I don't think I look at that as a risk really. Because even if I die, I die happy.

What I consider risky is going after something I really want when I have mountains of obstacles in the way that beat you down and say you can't do it.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#15New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:33:45
Yeah, I took risks and yeah, I got the scars.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs