Politics

Right Wing....Left Wing...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:06:58
Ok, having a heated disscusion with some co-workers on the issues of both right wingers and left wingers....what's the differance? Who's ideas are better? And why the strong divide between the two?
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#2New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:09:35
Left is considered liberal, right is considered conservative. Which is better depends on you personal beliefs and what is most important to you.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#3New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:14:38
Neither sides "idea's" are really better. It all depends on what it is that you believe.
I'm split right down the center. Both sides have good points and bad.

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:18:38
@vizzy Said
Left is considered liberal, right is considered conservative. Which is better depends on you personal beliefs and what is most important to you.

Thanks Vizzy, so can you explain the divide in politics between the two? Which is more popular?
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#5New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:22:02
Here's something cool and can explain where you stand politically URL text Take the test :]

Here's where it shows I stand

This is true for me because I'm not a total right-winger, but I'm definetely not a total left-winger either. Hope it helps!

Sorry, had to fix the URL, now you can try
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#6New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:22:14
In mainstream western politics these days, right and left mean very little. You could take Krudd (Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd of the so-called left), and replace him with the Tory leader of England, George Bush or any other right winger, and little would actually change.

Never used to be that way. The left used to mean fighting for the rights of workers to organise (unions et al), and was a pro-Communist, anti-Capitalist thing. Basically, their idea was that human life should comprise more than working to make some fascist rich.

The right was, and still is, anti-worker, and does stuff like kill unionists (see coca-cola for an example of this, they have been merrily killing unionists for some time now in Latin America).

As to which is better, well, I am a rampant leftie, so I am a little bit biased...

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:25:54
@mlissabeth Said
Neither sides "idea's" are really better. It all depends on what it is that you believe.
I'm split right down the center. Both sides have good points and bad.

Yeah, but my thing is...yes both have good views of how our country should be, at the same time....neither has things I most belief in and feel strongly about....and neither is willing to share and work together on changing things that NEED to be changed in this country.

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:30:02
@foxytrot Said
Here's something cool and can explain where you stand politically URL text Take the test :]

Here's where it shows I stand

This is true for me because I'm not a total right-winger, but I'm definetely not a total left-winger either. Hope it helps!

Sorry, had to fix the URL, now you can try

No need to be sorry, I took that test you speak of a few weeks ago...and it said I was more in the center....but why do they both seem to hate the other? That I don't understand... Thank you so much!

, Florida
#9New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:31:10
@spinkiegirl Said
Yeah, but my thing is...yes both have good views of how our country should be, at the same time....neither has things I most belief in and feel strongly about....and neither is willing to share and work together on changing things that NEED to be changed in this country.

Which is why party affiliation is irrelevant. You have to base each vote on the issues at hand. Right or Left, Dem or Rep...it's all nonsense these days. Learn the issues and vote the issues, not the party. And really, for there to be any real change Americans need to focus on lower level elections rather than the Presidential election.

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:32:11
@bob_the_fisherman Said
In mainstream western politics these days, right and left mean very little. You could take Krudd (Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd of the so-called left), and replace him with the Tory leader of England, George Bush or any other right winger, and little would actually change.

Never used to be that way. The left used to mean fighting for the rights of workers to organise (unions et al), and was a pro-Communist, anti-Capitalist thing. Basically, their idea was that human life should comprise more than working to make some fascist rich.

The right was, and still is, anti-worker, and does stuff like kill unionists (see coca-cola for an example of this, they have been merrily killing unionists for some time now in Latin America).

As to which is better, well, I am a rampant leftie, so I am a little bit biased...

What do most americans want?
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:33:53
@spinkiegirl Said

You don't have to affiliate yourself with a specific party. You just go with what you feel is right on the issues that are at hand. Don't worry about what each party does or feels, make decisions based off your own beliefs.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#12New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:37:19
@spinkiegirl Said
What do most americans want?

What do you want?

Chicago, Illinois
#13New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:39:56
@vizzy Said
Which is why party affiliation is irrelevant. You have to base each vote on the issues at hand. Right or Left, Dem or Rep...it's all nonsense these days. Learn the issues and vote the issues, not the party. And really, for there to be any real change Americans need to focus on lower level elections rather than the Presidential election.

Oh so my hope for change depends on me? You have great point about the presidential thing....but to me...it would seem, that if we ALL want the fullfillment of this country's promises...then why divide the people instend of working together for the common good...just have one govt. that serves ALL?

, Florida
#14New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:43:19
@spinkiegirl Said
Oh so my hope for change depends on me? You have great point about the presidential thing....but to me...it would seem, that if we ALL want the fullfillment of this country's promises...then why divide the people instend of working together for the common good...just have one govt. that serves ALL?

Tell me what promises we want fulfilled? I'm not sure what you're addresssing here.
Also, we all vary greatly as to how we want this country managed. Example, I'm all about smaller, less intrusive government and more personal responsibility. Another person prefers larger, more involved govt, a govt that takes care of them. Obviously we're going to be inclined to vote for differently on issues.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#15New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:44:52
@spinkiegirl Said
No need to be sorry, I took that test you speak of a few weeks ago...and it said I was more in the center....but why do they both seem to hate the other? That I don't understand... Thank you so much!

Gotcha!

I'll start here:

Right-wingers (RW) tend to want the government to put more restriction on the public, and limit the publics rights. Some people think it's for manipulation, others think for safety and accountabilty.

Left-wingers (LW) want the public to decide and practice their freedoms, and don't want the government to intervine with that. Some think that is letting too many uneducated people decide, and others think it is better for democracy.

RW think everything should be "set in stone" while LW "go with the flow"

Seeing that if you were to put the two together, they would contradict each other. Even though they understand the others points of view, they still disagree. To the point where some really get personal.

Basically it's like sticking water with electricity. They just don't belong!

It's ongoing, and gets annoying. It's funny how everyone wants to be a lefty or righty. I perfer independent. Maybe one day the Green Party or Independents will prevail and people will notice we have alterenitives!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs