Forums: Art & Literature:
Art History

Research topic ideas--Mexican art

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
thewordtester On May 04, 2010

Norman, Oklahoma
#1New Post! May 03, 2010 @ 22:05:25
Hi, I'm hoping to get some input on topics about Mexican art. I'm taking guided reading with one of my professors, who specializes in Native American and Mesoamerican art, in fulfillment of a part of my honors degree, after which I have to turn in a thesis. I've only studied ancient Mesoamerican art up to this point, but I'm also really interested in more modern topics, such as Kahlo, Diego, and Orozco. I'm especially interested in Kahlo, because my mother has always been such a big fan of her. In fact, when I was five we both dressed up as her for Halloween. Anyway, I think the anatomy that shows up in her work is interesting considering her health problems and the fact that she had planned on going into medicine (I'm actually pre-med myself). I'm worried that she may be too obvious or too over-done of a topic. At the same time, I do want to do a topic with a lot of existing information, and I don't know how many Mexican artists this applies to. I'm also interested in bringing in how these artists were influenced by the ancient art of their cultures. Obviously, I'm not very decided or knowledgeable about any of this, but I'm hoping you all can bring in some ideas that I can read more about. Thanks for your help!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs