Report: Jihadist Who Sent 8 Year Old Daughter On Suicide Mission Dead

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 00:08:21
@chaski Said

I will admit having my doubts, but I will take your suggestion to heart and give it a chance.

I liked Al Jazeera USA...but they shut down.

I saw info about the Syrian peace agreement there (RT) before CNN.
They also say US us supplying terrorists - Kurds and IS
US doesn't deny supporting Kurds in Syria - viewed as terrorists by Turkey...

But yes, The Trumpsterf*** movement doesn't pervade the site
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 01:19:16
OK

I just checked out RT.

I admit that one viewing of its articles is not really enough for a real assessment, so I will check it out each day for a week maybe two.

For now: I'm not impressed.

Definitely looks better than crap like InfoWars, but not as good as FoxNews, MSNBC nor CNN...which are pretty poor sources of news on their best days.

As to "live feeds"...I don't like them. I find live feeds to be annoying.

I am a bit of a speed reader so I prefer articles to wasting my time looking at live feeds and videos.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 17:16:14
Day 2: Still not impressed.

RT seems to be playing a subtle form of propaganda.

Example: Interview of John McAfee, who is a bit wacky to say the least: McAfee is actually wrong on a number of points in regards to the Russian hacking issue. Example: If China were to hack the U.S. they might use I would use Russian language within the code to pin the blame on the Russians. Actually that would be a very poor and transparent ruse, and not at all what a "black hat" or "professional" hacker would do. McAfee's "expertise" was virus protection and blocking malware, not tracking down hackers. The value of his opinion is limited at best.

In addition, Russia (individuals and groups both private and governments sponsored) have been hacking and trying to hack into U.S. computer systems (both private and government) literally since 1987 or before. Why would we now defend them against our own expert's opinions?

So, to the point, the interview seems to be a reasonable and news worthy presentation, but ultimately is a defense of Russia and "Russia didn't do it....you can just trust us..." piece of propaganda.

Anyway...giving RT another 6 days or so.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#19New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 18:26:37
I still like NPR & PBS- though they bend over too far protecting the right's feelings to appear neutral that they are starting to contribute to false news.

For example:
Head-line on Carl Paladino's racist statements that he would like to see for 2017:
Carl Paladino
DEVELOPER, SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, POLITICAL ACTIVIST

1. Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarret, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a Jihady cell mate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her.

2. Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.

As ALTNET calls the NPR headline-
"Covering a matter like this seems like a no-brainer. Yet a number of media outlets are calling Paladino's comments "controversial." Really? Controversial? Don't controversies have two sides? What exactly is the argument in favor of a public official engaging in hate speech?

In the Thursday evening radiocast of WNYC, a local affiliate of NPR, a segment on the anti-Paladino protest was introduced using this phrase: "protesters demanding Paladino step down for what they say are racist comments."

Really? What "they say"? And just who are the people who say these comments are not racist, exactly?

False balance has run totally amok and will not serve us well in the coming Trump days."

Altnet
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs