The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Remember the "Stop Black on Black Crime" bumber stickers?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...9 10 11 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Sep 21, 2011 @ 20:30:36
@shinobinoz Said

Thanks for speaking on behalf of all our people offbeat!

no problem
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#62New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 03:03:41
@offbeat Said

no problem

That IS the problem!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#63New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 03:06:56
@davii Said

I wasn't trying to say they were, but that there's risk of heading down that road when the elite hand out token representation rather than the people being able to represent themselves fairly and without hinderance.

Don't get me wrong, I can quite easily believe there's a simular "old boy" network involved in who gets in to these places, but that problem starts long before you get to congress/senate.

The elite have always made those decisions & doled out tokens. You must then be for more equal income and less class divide?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#64New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 03:09:30
@davii Said

How is wanting the best people doing the job of running government wrong, blind, or stupid

I have no problem with your statement, TPT however seized on it as a way to denigrate the problems you mentioned.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#65New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 03:49:28
@davii Said

How is wanting the best people doing the job of running government wrong, blind, or stupid

IMO, it's NOT "wrong, blind, or stupid"..........but Shino and I are Americans......non-white Americans......who's past family members, loved ones, their cultures RIPPED and STRIPPED of ALL and ANY human decency they had! This evil practiced caused MAJOR deadly, devastating long suffering and lasting horrific damage effects to human beings who not only DIDN'T deserve it, but bared this evil brought on through NO fault of their own up until this very day! You do realize, that freeing black slaves, and continued OPPRESSION of these races.....did in no way, make them EQUAL!!!!
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 04:24:42
@shinobinoz Said

The elite have always made those decisions & doled out tokens. You must then be for more equal income and less class divide?

How you go about changing that I just don't know, largely because I'd assume you'd need both that elite and masses to subscribe to the same thing without fear or impediment of the other.

I started typing on the income and class parts, only to find that they are possibly harder to give an immediate answer to. Quickly, yes, but that there's a few things that probably need ironing out in there too.

@shinobinoz Said

I have no problem with your statement, TPT however seized on it as a way to denigrate the problems you mentioned.

Okies.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 04:29:41
@Spinkiegirl Said

IMO, it's NOT "wrong, blind, or stupid"..........but Shino and I are Americans......non-white Americans......who's past family members, loved ones, their cultures RIPPED and STRIPPED of ALL and ANY human decency they had! This evil practiced caused MAJOR deadly, devastating long suffering and lasting horrific damage effects to human beings who not only DIDN'T deserve it, but bared this evil brought on through NO fault of their own up until this very day! You do realize, that freeing black slaves, and continued OPPRESSION of these races.....did in no way, make them EQUAL!!!!

I'm not entirely sure how this relates to what I've said?

Chicago, Illinois
#68New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 05:05:55
@davii Said

I'm not entirely sure how this relates to what I've said?

Well, after considering what I know as facts about this particular topic and issue.......I believe what my most IMPORTANT point in replying to your post #60, was that this country of mine.....has some Americans here with a deep deep seeded hatefulness INGRAINED in their PATHETIC physic e that seems, at least to some, that due to some of our founders ruthless racist and evil practices against INNOCENT human races...has NOT faded over all the years!
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:53:39
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well, after considering what I know as facts about this particular topic and issue.......I believe what my most IMPORTANT point in replying to your post #60, was that this country of mine.....has some Americans here with a deep deep seeded hatefulness INGRAINED in their PATHETIC physic e that seems, at least to some, that due to some of our founders ruthless racist and evil practices against INNOCENT human races...has NOT faded over all the years!

So you did read the other posts I made before that?

Chicago, Illinois
#70New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 18:19:16
@davii Said

So you did read the other posts I made before that?

Yes, I believe I have, but just to be clear.....I will now go back and re-read them. Is there any one in particular you want me to read, or just all of them? Thanks!
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#71New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 19:08:27
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yes, I believe I have, but just to be clear.....I will now go back and re-read them. Is there any one in particular you want me to read, or just all of them? Thanks!

Not anything in particular really, just that there was a general theme I was going with that might've got lost if you come in part way through or the like

Chicago, Illinois
#72New Post! Sep 22, 2011 @ 19:36:36
@davii Said

Not anything in particular really, just that there was a general theme I was going with that might've got lost if you come in part way through or the like

Ok then, so we're good right?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#73New Post! Sep 24, 2011 @ 15:48:02
@davii Said

I wasn't trying to say they were, but that there's risk of heading down that road when the elite hand out token representation rather than the people being able to represent themselves fairly and without hinderance.

Don't get me wrong, I can quite easily believe there's a simular "old boy" network involved in who gets in to these places, but that problem starts long before you get to congress/senate.

The good 'ol boy network doesn't justify affirmative action. The objective is to abolish them both. If minorities want lasting improvement, they should fight against the GOBs not for AA.

@davii Said

His main problem is that I said it, therefore there can't possibly anything right about it.

@Spinkiegirl Said

I thought AA was the right thing to do when it first started, but it turns out only to be counterproductive and continues racial hatred. When I realized what was going on, it hit me that it never should have been started. Like I said above fight against the good 'ol boy system not for AA.

@Spinkiegirl Said

Yes, on both sides, and it's not nearly as widespread with whites as it used to be. Your attitude screams retribution, not peace. I know it isn't fair, and its galling, but it's the only path to follow.

I find your attitude especially surprising given that you have mixed race parents.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#74New Post! Sep 25, 2011 @ 06:20:30
@shinobinoz Said

83% white!
Also 83% male.

All the others are just tokens!

Oh yes, and I'm sure the states and districts that voted them in thought that too. That's what they all want to do after all. Vote in a token and not someone they think will best represent them.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#75New Post! Sep 26, 2011 @ 00:03:57
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The good 'ol boy network doesn't justify affirmative action. The objective is to abolish them both. If minorities want lasting improvement, they should fight against the GOBs not for AA.

His main problem is that I said it, therefore there can't possibly anything right about it.

I thought AA was the right thing to do when it first started, but it turns out only to be counterproductive and continues racial hatred. When I realized what was going on, it hit me that it never should have been started. Like I said above fight against the good 'ol boy system not for AA.

Yes, on both sides, and it's not nearly as widespread with whites as it used to be. Your attitude screams retribution, not peace. I know it isn't fair, and its galling, but it's the only path to follow.

I find your attitude especially surprising given that you have mixed race parents.

AA was and continues to be the right thing to do.
Just wishing away the problem of racism did not work since forever.
What would you do differently?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...9 10 11 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs