Atheism

Religion makes people boring.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Carnotaurus On September 27, 2012

A City, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:51:58
When I was a kid my biological father used to go camping with me - then he became a Christian fundie. He hasn't taken me camping since he became a Christian fundie because he is now the most boring person in the world and the biggest hypochondriac I have ever known. He also has a terrible sense of humor and no imagination.

I remember he once forced me to watch The Passion of the Christ. I still think it is the worst movie I have ever seen.

Does anyone else know someone who became more religious and then became more boring?
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:55:19
@Carnotaurus Said

Does anyone else know someone who became more religious and then became more boring?

It's called 'Assimilation.'

I prefer everyone around me getting Borged however...

...passive aggressiveness is much easier to handle then downright offensive hostility...

..and it keeps me standing out as more authentic, rare and original.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:00:03
@Carnotaurus Said

When I was a kid my biological father used to go camping with me - then he became a Christian fundie. He hasn't taken me camping since he became a Christian fundie because he is now the most boring person in the world and the biggest hypochondriac I have ever known. He also has a terrible sense of humor and no imagination.

I remember he once forced me to watch The Passion of the Christ. I still think it is the worst movie I have ever seen.

Yes. Too often this sort of thing happens. I had a friend that gave up playing the guitar, others that gave up listening to music and dancing...

They said that they didn't want to be of this world and the sinful things in this world.

To me it is sad.

And as to the Passion of the Christ.... I agree... very mediocre at best.

I suspect that people (christians) feel a duty to claim that they like it.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:10:57
@chaski Said

others that gave up listening to music

I was sitting here yesterday listening to a radio station online that only plays Lady Gaga - Most of her songs had strong religiously convicted connotation if you knew the context to associate the lyrics with.

Religious and Conspiracy Philosophy is disguised and embedded in nearly all forms of art and music and when, what was once nonsensical, starts making sense - It becomes too absurd and distracting to bother with rather you're Christian or just schizophrenic.

@chaski Said

They said that they didn't want to be of this world and the sinful things in this world.

No one really cares to exist if they have to exist alone. Given that most people out there are not really much more than pathetically stupid apes, there's no one you can really trust and although not desirable, seclusion becomes necessary to keep safe.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:18:34
@Carnotaurus Said

I do not like snuff films either.

#6New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:20:07
@Electric_Banana Said

It's called 'Assimilation.'

I prefer everyone around me getting Borged however...

...passive aggressiveness is much easier to handle then downright offensive hostility...

..and it keeps me standing out as more authentic, rare and original.

You will be assimilated...

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:24:49
@Erimitus Said

I do not like snuff films either.

I know you were stabbing at a joke but this does present a good point.

The telling of the story of Christ isn't really much different from the 1970's film 'The Wickerman', pretty much ending the same way, which was a horror movie illustrating how mankind can easily be herded into a constituency of irrational idiocy...

..Yet Fundamentalists parents would sooner their children sit through it than an episode of The Smurfs.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:29:21
@Erimitus Said

You will be assimilated...

Much like I refrain from using too many Kiwi terms so as not to lose my American accent, I also try to practice not accessing any one persona for too long of time to maintain memory of my own for when this current Tornado of Souls passes over and all settles down again.

#9New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:31:17
@Electric_Banana Said

I was sitting here yesterday listening to a radio station online that only plays Lady Gaga - Most of her songs had strong religiously convicted connotation if you knew the context to associate the lyrics with.

Religious and Conspiracy Philosophy is disguised and embedded in nearly all forms of art and music and when, what was once nonsensical, starts making sense - It becomes too absurd and distracting to bother with rather you're Christian or just schizophrenic.

No one really cares to exist if they have to exist alone. Given that most people out there are not really much more than pathetically stupid apes, there's no one you can really trust and although not desirable, seclusion becomes necessary to keep safe.

You know I keep a private journal of ElectricBananaisms and have just added this post to my collection.

Anyway it is nice to know that there are other misanthropic socio-phoebes

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:36:01
@Erimitus Said

You know I keep a private journal of ElectricBananaisms and have just added this post to my collection.

Anyway it is nice to know that there are other misanthropic socio-phoebes

Just remember, however, that I'm not 'socio' or 'psycho' pathic - That would be hypocrisy!

And given the current maelstrom of identities along with so many gay men coming out of the closet - I have a strong feeling that when this tempest settles I will probably be the only heterosexual male left in existence....

...and there are going to be a whole lot of chics out there wantin' to apologize.

#11New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:37:25
@Electric_Banana Said

I know you were stabbing at a joke but this does present a good point.

The telling of the story of Christ isn't really much different from the 1970's film 'The Wickerman', pretty much ending the same way, which was a horror movie illustrating how mankind can easily be herded into a constituency of irrational idiocy...

..Yet Fundamentalists parents would sooner their children sit through it than an episode of The Smurfs.

I have not seen 'Wickerman'. Maybe I can find it on youtube.

I find Christianity an interesting study. One must, of course, be carful not to get saved. It has happened to even the most rational people.

"The Snurfs", now that is entertainment. Except there are hundreds of boy snurfs and only one girl snurf. Maybe that is why they are all blue.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 22:24:09
Religion doesn't necessarily change you. I knew plenty of girls in my choir who got up to all sorts and yet still turned up to church every sunday looking immaculate. Plus my friend is a Christian and he's done things a lot wilder than I have.

Religion only makes you boring if you were boring to begin with I think. If you let it consume you and lose who you are then of course it's going to make you dull as you'll become inauthentic. But that can happen with anyone who becomes obsessed with something.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 22:49:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

Religion doesn't necessarily change you. I knew plenty of girls in my choir who got up to all sorts and yet still turned up to church every sunday looking immaculate. Plus my friend is a Christian and he's done things a lot wilder than I have.

Religion only makes you boring if you were boring to begin with I think. If you let it consume you and lose who you are then of course it's going to make you dull as you'll become inauthentic. But that can happen with anyone who becomes obsessed with something.

Nothing will change you unless you let it. Is he actually a Christian or does he just call himself one? You are only truly Christian if you behave like one. It isn't just a religion, it is a way of life, and if you don;t live it, you ain't it.

The trouble is that so many think it is just a label.

My faith certainly changed me, and most of those I have known who shared it, even some of those brought up in it.

Religion helped me to find what I am.

Obsessed with my faith? yes I am, and if you wish to follow Christ you have to be because he was, and so were the Apostles after him.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#14New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 23:46:00
@MadCornishBiker Said

Obsessed with my faith? yes I am, and if you wish to follow Christ you have to be because he was, and so were the Apostles after him.

He was what!? Are you saying that Christ was also mad (fanatic) like you!?

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 00:33:32
@MadCornishBiker Said

Nothing will change you unless you let it. Is he actually a Christian or does he just call himself one? You are only truly Christian if you behave like one. It isn't just a religion, it is a way of life, and if you don;t live it, you ain't it.

The trouble is that so many think it is just a label.

My faith certainly changed me, and most of those I have known who shared it, even some of those brought up in it.

Religion helped me to find what I am.

"Why yes, I believe I'm best suited for this job because I was born and raised 110% Christian true and through. The other applicant, although more skilled, is a homosexual."

"But we don't see you at our church?"

"When I accepted Christ, he spoke to me stating, that for me, Church was an exception and that it was very important in my particular instance that I do not intend."

"But.."

*Raises brow* "You wouldn't go questioning our Lord now would you?"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs