ReThink 9/11

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#91New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 00:58:24
@chaski Said

Wow...a quote from another forum discussion...

In any event your post supports my position that "conspiracy theory" originate before Nixon.

Good try genius.

How about this, to continue to demonstrate that you are wrong and continuing to be willfully ignorant.

History[edit]
The Oxford English Dictionary defines conspiracy theory as "the theory that an event or phenomenon occurs as a result of a conspiracy between interested parties; spec. a belief that some covert but influential agency (typically political in motivation and oppressive in intent) is responsible for an unexplained event", and cites a 1909 article in The American Historical Review as the earliest usage example.[20][21]

According to John Ayoto's 20th century words, the phrase conspiracy theory was originally a neutral term and only acquired a pejorative connotation in the mid 1960s, implying that the advocate of the theory has a paranoid tendency to imagine the influence of some powerful, malicious, covert agency in events. According to Florida State University professor Lance deHaven-Smith’s 2013 book Conspiracy Theory in America, the phrase conspiracy theory was deployed in the 1960s by the CIA to discredit JFK assassination conspiracy theories. However, according to Robert Blaskiewicz, assistant professor of critical thinking at Stockton University and skeptical activist, such claims have existed "since at least 1997", but due to having recently been promoted by deHaven Smith, "conspiracy theorists have begun citing this work as an authority". Blaskiewicz researched the use of the term conspiracy theory and found that it has always been a disparaging term, having been used to describe "extreme hypothesis" and implausible speculation as far back as 1870.

In response to angry reaction to her use of the term conspiracy theories when describing extreme speculations about the Jonestown massacre, such as claims that the CIA was conducting "mind control experiments", San Diego State University professor Rebecca Moore said, "They were angry that I had called their version of the truth a conspiracy theory...In many respects, they have a right to be angry. The phrase 'conspiracy theory' is not neutral. It is value-laden and carries with it condemnation, ridicule, and dismissal. It is a lot like the word 'cult,' which we use to describe religions we do not like." Moore alternatively describes conspiracy theories as "stigmatized knowledge" or "suppressed knowledge" that are based on a "conviction that powerful individuals are limiting or controlling the free flow of information for nefarious purposes".

The origin of the term has nothing to do with the events that unfolded on 9/11. It really doesn't matter and all you are doing is distracting from the point and making yourself look like an a*****e The words conspiracy theory have been used before Nixon. However Nixon put the term into regular use. Feel better? Now back to the topic...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#92New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 01:01:51
@SgtPowerPickle Said

The origin of the term has nothing to do with the events that unfolded on 9/11.

Really? Then why were you acting like it did?

@SgtPowerPickle Said

It really doesn't matter and all you are doing is distracting from the point and making yourself look like an a*****e .

Proving you wrong makes me an a*****e....brilliant argument.

@SgtPowerPickle Said

Feel better? Now back to the topic...

OK... so you believe in the BS conspiracy theory that the US government perpetrated 9/11...

Carry on.

, Indiana
#93New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 01:10:07
@chaski Said

Really? Then why were you acting like it did?

Proving you wrong makes me an a*****e....

OK... so you believe in the BS conspiracy theory that the US government perpetrated 9/11...

Carry on.

Holy Trolly Now that I have your permission.. https://www.ae911truth.org
Do a little exploring and see what you think. After talking w you on a few subjects I'm sure you'll find something you don't agree w
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#94New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 01:13:28
Yes, did notice the age of this thread. Though many times, it's easy for anyone to respond to any 'recent post' without regard to the age.

That chupacabra' doesn't look like anything I'd want to be up close and personal with!

@mrmhead Said

Did you notice the OP was 3 yrs old ...

And a chupacabra is a folklore monster ...

one of may depictions
.. there's even some "photographs"
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#95New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 01:37:09
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Holy Trolly Now that I have your permission.. https://www.ae911truth.org
Do a little exploring and see what you think. After talking w you on a few subjects I'm sure you'll find something you don't agree w

What's the matter?

Not man enough to admit you were wrong?

No matter...I will look at your link...then FACT CHECK it.

, Indiana
#96New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 13:23:02
@chaski Said

What's the matter?

Not man enough to admit you were wrong?

No matter...I will look at your link...then FACT CHECK it.

I already did. I was wrong about the origin of the term. I was right about the meaning and how it is used and I was right about who started the terms usage here in the US. I don't need to always be right, I'm more concerned w the pursuit of truth and knowledge.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#97New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:18:19
@SgtPowerPickle Said

I was right about who started the terms usage here in the US. .

No. You were not. You started with "It originated by Nixon, the gold standard of truth", which was wrong.

You are too funny.

@SgtPowerPickle Said

I'm more concerned w the pursuit of truth and knowledge.

Then you fact check your sources.

, Indiana
#98New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:25:55
@SgtPowerPickle Said

I was wrong about the origin of the term. I was right about the meaning and how it is used and I was right about who started the terms usage here in the US. I don't need to always be right, I'm more concerned w the pursuit of truth and knowledge.

You read what you want to read and ignore everything else. That or you can't read. Troll
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#99New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:38:35
@SgtPowerPickle Said

the term conspiracy theory did originate w nixon. if not then when and how was it used?

So you're saying you didn't write and post this

You might want to report that your account has been hacked!

@SgtPowerPickle Said

You read what you want to read and ignore everything else. That or you can't read. Troll

I'm a troll for reading your posts, and correcting you when you are wrong... great argument.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#100New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:39:41
This entire thread is so bizarre I can't think of what to make of it even being here.

Whilst I can understand anybody wanting to discover the truth about anything.... and consider that a laudable thing.... What I see presented in this thread doesn't equate to anything remotely resembling proof.

From the very start, some years ago now, all that has been presented is, in my opinion, a loosely cobbled together mish-mash of rumour, speculation, wishful thinking, video-of-dubious-authenticity and the rather determined but fanciful desire of the OP to be right at all costs, regardless of any argument to the contrary that is put to him.

I suppose that, like so many other internet forum conspiracy threads, this one will continue to go round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears up its own rectum and when all is said and done, nothing will have been either proven or resolved.

Time to move on, methinks.

, Indiana
#101New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:42:08
@chaski Said

So you're saying you didn't write and post this

You might want to report that your account has been hacked!

I'm a troll for reading your posts, and correcting you when you are wrong... great argument.

Yes you fool than I acknowledged that that statement was incorrect. What else do you want??
You are trolling for cherry pocking what comments to ignore and what comments to accept. All the while taking the focus away from the real topic of this point. You are simply a troll that i have already wasted too much time arguing with. Go back under your bridge troll

, Indiana
#102New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:44:17
@Jennifer1984 Said

This entire thread is so bizarre I can't think of what to make of it even being here.

Whilst I can understand anybody wanting to discover the truth about anything.... and consider that a laudable thing.... What I see presented in this thread doesn't equate to anything remotely resembling proof.

From the very start, some years ago now, all that has been presented is, in my opinion, a loosely cobbled together mish-mash of rumour, speculation, wishful thinking, video-of-dubious-authenticity and the rather determined but fanciful desire of the OP to be right at all costs, regardless of any argument to the contrary that is put to him.

I suppose that, like so many other internet forum conspiracy threads, this one will continue to go round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears up its own rectum and when all is said and done, nothing will have been either proven or resolved.

Time to move on, methinks.

Well with troll s distracting from the point at all costs. There are over 2,500 architects and engineers that study physics as their like work that believe the official story is bulls***. I simply don't understand how you argue against that
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#103New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:46:48
@SgtPowerPickle Said

All the while taking the focus away from the real topic of this point.

You brought it up.

I responded to your error.

You wrote numerous posts trying and failing to defend your error.

But, I am the one taking the focus away from the real topic.

Another brilliant argument from you.

, Indiana
#104New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:52:21
@chaski Said

You brought it up.

I responded to your error.

You wrote numerous posts trying and failing to defend your error.

But, I am the one taking the focus away from the real topic.

Another brilliant argument from you.

Speaking of brilliant argumnts.. Have you found anything wrong w that site professor science? That fact that a structure cannot follow the path of greatest resistance and collapse upon its own foot print with out the use of explosives? I indulged you, please indulge me I fully expect another distraction from the main point or crickets.... O look I misspelled arguments. Maybe you can completely ignore what i wrote and focus on that error
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#105New Post! Oct 09, 2016 @ 15:54:47
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Have you found anything wrong w that site professor science?

i'll get back to you.

I got side tracked in a discussion with a person who has a hard time with things like fact checking his sources and is reluctant to simply admit he is wrong.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs