Health & Fitness

Raw Food Diet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Yankees On November 28, 2012

, New Jersey
#1New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:08:20
Heard about the raw food diet for some people and read some peoples stories while on the diet. From what I have heard it seems like it works. Has anybody here tried it? If so how much weight did you lose? Also, how bad were your cravings for cooked food? My father and I are about to try it (after the holidays of course ).
Pandorazz On October 07, 2013

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:13:11
I have no idea, but good luck to you both. If it works I'll join you

, New Jersey
#3New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:15:08
thanks. ill let you know how it goes
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:19:38
i saw a little feature on a cookery program about a couple who don't cook any of their food. they weren't doing it to lose weight or anything, they were of the belief that cooking food removes nutrients and stuff.

i could probably put up with it for a short while but to be honest, if i wanted to lose weight, i'd rather just go for a run and eat normally.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#5New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:57:05
@Yankees Said

Heard about the raw food diet for some people and read some peoples stories while on the diet. From what I have heard it seems like it works. Has anybody here tried it? If so how much weight did you lose? Also, how bad were your cravings for cooked food? My father and I are about to try it (after the holidays of course ).

Don't think I could eat uncooked chicken or steak. I'll pass.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 01:01:56
Don't think I could do that during the winter, nothing beats a nice hot meal on a cold day.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#7New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 01:04:47
Which type of raw food diet are you thinking of trying? A raw food diet where there's no meat, or one where you eat raw meat?

The only time I've ever heard about it, something that stuck in my head was that they had to eat more often. These people ate raw meat and drank raw milk. It was on the TV show "Wife Swap" and when the raw food eaters had to eat cooked food, it didn't agree with them at all. I have a feeling like that reaction would make you not crave cooked food.

Other than that...I have no idea. Whichever way you go, you can always try for a little bit and then decide.

, New Jersey
#8New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 13:40:49
@hoppy Said

Don't think I could eat uncooked chicken or steak. I'll pass.

The information I found only specified eating raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts (though they say to eat nuts sparingly). Raw meat is just unhealthy.
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 13:54:34
@Yankees Said

The information I found only specified eating raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts (though they say to eat nuts sparingly). Raw meat is just unhealthy.

isn't carpaccio raw meat ? doesn't seem to do the italians any harm.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 14:17:13
"Works?" Well it works as well as most diets in that it provides the nutrients you need to stay alive, if that's what you mean.

If your intent is to improve your health or get in better shape, there's no advantage to eating only raw food.

Here's a general tip: if a diet has a name, ignore its existence.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 14:18:48
And raw meat is not inherently unhealthy in any way. Raw meat carries an increased risk of contamination with bacteria or parasites, but that can be minimized with certain precautions. Raw meat itself is generally fine (and often rather tasty).
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#12New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 14:39:39
@jonnythan Said

Here's a general tip: if a diet has a name, ignore its existence.

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 20:26:06
I'm watching a TV show where doctors talk about diets and it's just said that raw food diets aren't that great as raw meat can actually be more beneficial when cooked and some beans and pulses can be toxic if not cooked (something to do with the coating). There's also a supposed link between being on the raw food diet and a condition known as orthorexia. It's not a recognised medical condition but studies have found that those who are on this diet may become obsessive about their food and may not eat as many nutrients as they should.

Just thought I should let you know.

, New Jersey
#14New Post! Dec 22, 2011 @ 10:31:36
@sister_of_mercy Said

I'm watching a TV show where doctors talk about diets and it's just said that raw food diets aren't that great as raw meat can actually be more beneficial when cooked and some beans and pulses can be toxic if not cooked (something to do with the coating). There's also a supposed link between being on the raw food diet and a condition known as orthorexia. It's not a recognised medical condition but studies have found that those who are on this diet may become obsessive about their food and may not eat as many nutrients as they should.

Just thought I should let you know.

thanks for the info...but the raw diet im on does not include eating raw meat...i think that is disgusting...its about raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts.....and i take vitamins daily so i do not have to worry about not getting enough of them....just gonna try this diet for thirty days...its not a lifestyle change....believe me, i cannot go without pasta or a good burger for the rest of my life ...just trying to lose weight so i can start feeling a little better

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 22, 2011 @ 10:46:29
@Yankees Said

thanks for the info...but the raw diet im on does not include eating raw meat...i think that is disgusting...its about raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts.....and i take vitamins daily so i do not have to worry about not getting enough of them....just gonna try this diet for thirty days...its not a lifestyle change....believe me, i cannot go without pasta or a good burger for the rest of my life ...just trying to lose weight so i can start feeling a little better

Just be careful with the beans and pulses then and make sure they're safe to eat raw. If you're looking to lose weight I'd suggest some green tea as well. It's good for you and makes you snack less too. Glad you're being realistic about it all, good luck
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs