News & Current Events

Rapper Souja boy says"F**k the troops".

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 17:53:25
Souja Boy (Reuters)
Soulja Boy says he let his "words get the best of [him]" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops," and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/09/06/soulja-boy-apologizes-after-members-armed-forces-slam-his-anti-military-song/#ixzz1XCDYQAmz
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 17:59:19
hummmm...Is he sorry enough to not make money off of those lyrics though?
cvchic13 On November 12, 2020
(s)AINT

Desolation Row, United States
#3New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:03:38
What do you expect from a a rapper? Apparently he didn't have enough sense to realize how the song would affect the world before he put it out.

He needs to learn to think before he acts and to release better songs.
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#4New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:06:46
I didn't know this piece of s*** was still around.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:17:22
@The cited Link Said

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

The article does not say how old this idiot is, but he is as good a representative as we've got, of the kind of people our educational system is currently churning out. He claims to have feelings, things he wants to express, but when he does, "they come out wrong!" Give me a freakin' break!

If he had bothered to learn to express his emotions with words, written and spoken, there would be no confusion about his song-writing, well after the actual conception of the lyrics. And the apology that he has presented, IMO, is not worth a damn.

@Soulja Said
In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

If you or I did not want to offend someone, would we turn to that person and say, "f*** you!"???
I hope he gets his a** trounced by some stealthy group of warriors, just expressing their own dissatisfaction with his meaningless apology!

If he was indeed so frustrated with the situation, you'd think he would have said, "f*** me!"

No soup for you, Soulja!
cvchic13 On November 12, 2020
(s)AINT

Desolation Row, United States
#6New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:18:15
It just baffles me how little people think before they do something.
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:30:06
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

If he was indeed so frustrated with the situation, you'd think he would have said, "f*** me!"

You might be the best one to do this. Hope it is mutually satisfying.
Lets chat over a bowl of great soup and white house wine.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#8New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:41:05
@Richard142 Said

You might be the best one to do this. Hope it is mutually satisfying.
Lets chat over a bowl of great soup and white house wine.

Not at all interested in a chat with this dunce.

Why don't you offer him some of your soup and swill?
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#9New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 19:45:47
@cvchic13 Said

What do you expect from a a rapper? Apparently he didn't have enough sense to realize how the song would affect the world before he put it out.

He needs to learn to think before he acts and to release better songs.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Some rappers are some of the smartest people on this rock. Take your ignorance elsewhere.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#10New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 19:58:57
@galasTAray Said

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Some rappers are some of the smartest people on this rock. Take your ignorance elsewhere.

How the hell would you know how smart they are , compared to real people?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 20:02:50
Freedom of speech. If you've had this idea that people in the armed forces are somehow better than you, shoved down your throat for years, then perhaps it's no wonder people are hitting out.

I wouldn't say 'f*** the troops', but is it possible the true victim of his wrath isn't the troops themselves but this culture we've created where we act like anyone who puts on a pair of khaki pants is automatically a hero?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#12New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 20:09:39
@jmo Said

Freedom of speech. If you've had this idea that people in the armed forces are somehow better than you, shoved down your throat for years, then perhaps it's no wonder people are hitting out.

I wouldn't say 'f*** the troops', but is it possible the true victim of his wrath isn't the troops themselves but this culture we've created where we act like anyone who puts on a pair of khaki pants is automatically a hero?

It's the culture where punks who have never done anything really worthwhile, throw s*** on those who are doing worthwhile things, and are supported for it by other punks.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#13New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 20:36:39
Here come the PC police.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#14New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 00:07:38
@cvchic13 Said

It just baffles me how little people think before they do something.

I think he thought about it first. I also think he thought that if anyone was offended, he would have his little 'fake' apology ready, and just go on with his life. - As has been the case for others before him.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 00:13:17
@jmo Said

I don't think anyone with even half a brain thinks that they are "automatically a hero just because they wear a uniform."

The troops should however, be respected as a whole. I mean, they are only laying down their f***ing lives for people.

This rapper is a c***. Along with his fake apologies.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs