Forums:
News & Current Events

RIP Burt Reynolds

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Sep 06, 2018 @ 20:14:47
I was just a kid then, but I do remember there was a time that Burt was the most admired man in America (according to polls). This was during the late 70’s to early 80’s, with memorable comedic/action fare such as “Smokey and the Bandit” and “Cannonball Run”. In 1978 he had four movies playing in theaters at once.

What’s more, he is also notably famous for turning down roles taken by Harrison Ford in “Star Wars”, Jack Nicholson in “Terms of Endearment” and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”, and Bruce Willis in “Die Hard”.

He finally did get an Oscar nomination for “Boogie Nights”.

Definitely a capable actor with that rebellious streak he was known for in his movie roles. He will be missed.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Sep 06, 2018 @ 21:15:46
something most of burt's fans know, burt starred or his big break be on " gunsmoke " ,and at the time, his roommate was clint eastwood. they finally worked with clint in the film, " city heat , more or less, somewhat a hit.

burt's big movie break, " deliverance " , with flim debut of ned beatty. his movie career was began, that I saw all of his movies. they were big box office hits nothing that his buddy, clint were in. from 60's to 90's, his movies had a lot of range from action and comedy. most of his memorable performances are his comedy roles. some of serious movie roles were very good.

burt was a huge hit on the talk shows, most of his career, his memorial guest appearances with johnny carson. which you can watch on youtube, and they are really funny to watch. I remember burt never thought himself as a great actor, when he told johnny. burt had a good time doing them, he really tried his best in roles. most of his movie roles does fine jobs, not many actors could do better.

I agree with burt that the plenty of movie roles that he turned down was the right decision for him every time.

I really like burt for many years. he will be miss a lot in Hollywood and the world.

R.I.P. BURT!
Tigerstar7 On February 03, 2024

#3New Post! Sep 07, 2018 @ 00:07:37
It is upsetting to hear his passing. Honestly though my favorite role of his is actually him playing himself in Archer.
mrmhead On about 22 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 07, 2018 @ 00:18:27
Hooper was one of the first movies I was allowed to go to the theater alone (with friends) to see.

- looked it up - yep, summer of '78 sounds about right.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Sep 07, 2018 @ 00:45:56

One of the greatest sports movies ever... IMO.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Sep 07, 2018 @ 01:06:29
the longest yard is one of burt's best compare semi-tough one of his worst. semi-tough is one of the few movies, I was about walked out from theater in the first half hour of the movie. it was really bad, it never got better.

other two movies that I should walked out , that really bad. were billy jack and what's up, pussycat?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs