Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#76New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 00:17:04
@alk1975 Said

People whose relationships get to this point don't know how to communicate in a way that fosters a good relationship generally. That is why the affair is a turning point. That often is the only thing that will get two people into counseling and in counseling they learn those skills as well as working through the emotional stuff that is involved with the affair until they reach a point that they are ready for forgiveness (usually a minimum of a YEAR into the counseling).

I'll agree with this.

I guess if people really want to stay in a relationship with each other and are willing to accept the wrong doings of the other that is up to them. Working on relationships is very hard and it takes time and commitment. I guess I just feel for the person being cheated on because of my own personal experiences.

I respect your opinion and everyone else's.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#77New Post! Jun 23, 2012 @ 14:07:51
@Sparklegirl Said

I have never cheated so can only presume the reasons behind it. Most likey to be is that they are looking for some excitement ir are unable to control their urges.

If it ever got to the point that somebody was offering all the excitement on a plate to me, I would either pack up and go with them or politely decline their advances. That is what being in an adult and mature loving relationship is all about, sustaining the love.

I happen to know that a certain someone has made numerous advances towards my guy but he has turned them down. Being honest and open helps in a situation like this and he would never cheat any more than I would becuase we have more respect and love for each other

Well said. As an aside, i believe it is a very poor excuse to ever say that you were unable to control your urges. It's just another way of saying doing what pleases you at a particular point in time simply meant more to you than respecting your partner and the trust they have put in you. It's another way of saying that your pleasure was worth (potentially) causing someone you are meant to care about a great deal of pain. In truth no one can be seduced unless they want to be.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#78New Post! Jun 23, 2012 @ 15:30:07
@stevanhogg Said

A new survey claims men and women stray for very different reasons. The top reason blokes give for playing away is a lack of sex at home - while unfaithful women claim falling in love with someone else led them to cheat. Does that surprise you? Are men and women really that different when it comes to infidelity? Are men driven by their physical urges while women are ruled by their hearts? If you?ve done the dirty, what made you do it?

Hmm...I wonder what would hurt more...

"Sorry, I slipped up while I was drunk. Can you please forgive me?"

"Sorry, I found someone much more meaningful to me than you."
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#80New Post! Jun 23, 2012 @ 16:02:02
@Electric_Banana Said

Hmm...I wonder what would hurt more...

"Sorry, I slipped up while I was drunk. Can you please forgive me?"

"Sorry, I found someone much more meaningful to me than you."

I would be hurt more by the slipping up while drunk scenario.
Cheating on someone means you don't really care enough about them anyway.
At least the honest guy cares enough to let you go with some dignity.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#81New Post! Jun 23, 2012 @ 16:14:53
@shadowen Said

Well said. As an aside, i believe it is a very poor excuse to ever say that you were unable to control your urges. It's just another way of saying doing what pleases you at a particular point in time simply meant more to you than respecting your partner and the trust they have put in you. It's another way of saying that your pleasure was worth (potentially) causing someone you are meant to care about a great deal of pain. In truth no one can be seduced unless they want to be.

Exactly. She has tried to lure him to her but it won't happen because he loves me. He can control himself just like a lot of good people manage, it is a terribly poor excuse for behavior to say it was urges that couldn't be controlled. It'setter to be with the person you love and be faithful than hurt them. Leaving is painful in the long run. Despite the current distance between us we remain faithful to each other
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#82New Post! Jun 23, 2012 @ 17:03:59
There are reasons for cheating

For example if I am stuck on a level of Sonic the Hedgehog I like to use the Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, C, Start cheat so I can select any level.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#83New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:12:35
@Sparklegirl Said

Exactly. She has tried to lure him to her but it won't happen because he loves me. He can control himself just like a lot of good people manage, it is a terribly poor excuse for behavior to say it was urges that couldn't be controlled. It'setter to be with the person you love and be faithful than hurt them. Leaving is painful in the long run. Despite the current distance between us we remain faithful to each other

If you love someone (as opposed to love being with them) then you will put them first. Then their happinness is integral to your own and so you wont deliberately do anything to hurt them...and few things hurt as much as being cheated on.

I wish your fella and yourself nothing but the very best.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#84New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:22:23
@shadowen Said

If you love someone (as opposed to love being with them) then you will put them first. Then their happinness is integral to your own and so you wont deliberately do anything to hurt them...and few things hurt as much as being cheated on.

I wish your fella and yourself nothing but the very best.

That si true, there is a distinction between loving somebody, being in love and loving being with them. He does put me first as I put him first and if he is happy, that makes me happy. I also know that when I am happy, so is he too.

thank you for your wishes, we have made plans together for the future and we are both very excited

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#85New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:26:00
@Sparklegirl Said

That si true, there is a distinction between loving somebody, being in love and loving being with them. He does put me first as I put him first and if he is happy, that makes me happy. I also know that when I am happy, so is he too.

thank you for your wishes, we have made plans together for the future and we are both very excited

You are right. There is a world of difference btw loving someone and loving how they 'make' you feel, loving how you feel when you are with them. The problem is that on the surface they look much the same. One however is selfless and uncondtional whilst the other is selfish and therefore conditional.

Its nice to hear you are both so excited about your future together. it sounds to me like that excitement is very much warrented.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#86New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:35:49
@shadowen Said

You are right. There is a world of difference btw loving someone and loving how they 'make' you feel, loving how you feel when you are with them. The problem is that on the surface they look much the same. One however is selfless and uncondtional whilst the other is selfish and therefore conditional.

Its nice to hear you are both so excited about your future together. it sounds to me like that excitement is very much warrented.

I love how he treats me, I lovethat he puts me first, I love that he goes out of his way to do what he can to travel all this way to see me, I love that he is about to leave his family (parents, bro sis etc) and friends to live with me. I love how sensitive he is and understands that sometimes I might be a bit stressed but always love him becuase he is my ideal guy

I love that he is prepared to do what it takes for us to be togerther. I love him for him and think about him all the time, I always look out for little things that would make him smile and will pop a card or a little gift in the post just so he knows that I was thinking of him at the time. I text him at breaks and dinner time so he again gets that he is on my mind. I am such a soft hearted soppy cow! But that is how I am with him
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#87New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:52:47
By talking to people that have cheated on their partners the top answer to why they cheat is because they are/were chasing the illusion that the grass is greener on the other side and most found it wasn't but some way too late.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#88New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 19:47:45
I cheated on my husband (before he was my husband) when I was 17, the reason being that he was abusive at the time and some other boy treated me very well.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#89New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 20:11:10
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I cheated on my husband (before he was my husband) when I was 17, the reason being that he was abusive at the time and some other boy treated me very well.

Why did you not leave him for being abusive rather than cheat? Especially if you discovered that somebody else would treat you a lot better?
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#90New Post! Jun 24, 2012 @ 20:16:32
@Sparklegirl Said

Why did you not leave him for being abusive rather than cheat? Especially if you discovered that somebody else would treat you a lot better?

Because it was going to be a one time thing but this girl that liked my husband and knew what I did, told on me and my husband left me for 8 months. After 8 months with that crack head using freak, he asked for us to get back together on his daughter's 1st birthday, we've been inseparable ever since.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs