Forums: Music:
Bands & Artists

Quite the political statement

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 11:34:31
Putting your issues to music is a great way to get it to the masses.

J.R.
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#2New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 11:38:08
And then when you get elected as the environmental minister of a country for the 'green' party, then change to another party, approve the mining of uranium, and potential nuclear plants on the soil that you spent most of your life trying to save from pollution, and deforestation....Well the hypocrisy is amazing.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 12:15:13
@Jason13 Said

And then when you get elected as the environmental minister of a country for the 'green' party, then change to another party, approve the mining of uranium, and potential nuclear plants on the soil that you spent most of your life trying to save from pollution, and deforestation....Well the hypocrisy is amazing.

Obviously I know less about it being over here, but I was sure that because of Peter Garrett the Uranium mines were moved away from indigenous settlements and places where water was cultivated which was the main problem with the Uranium mines. Or am I completely wrong?

Melbourne, Australia
#4New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 12:22:44
@jmo Said

Obviously I know less about it being over here, but I was sure that because of Peter Garrett the Uranium mines were moved away from indigenous settlements and places where water was cultivated which was the main problem with the Uranium mines. Or am I completely wrong?

No, you're not wrong at all. That is also true. But it's the typical political backflip on issues when elected to power. And find it even funnier that he spent so much of his musical career trying to protest uranium mining and nuclear power.

Oh well, that's politics for ya right?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 12:23:40
@Jason13 Said

No, you're not wrong at all. That is also true. But it's the typical political backflip on issues when elected to power. And find it even funnier that he spent so much of his musical career trying to protest uranium mining and nuclear power.

Oh well, that's politics for ya right?

Yep, Idealism seems the first thing to go. I always find it interesting looking at political leaders and comparing what they to to the 'idealism' they had growing up.

Sad really.

Melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 12:31:22
@jmo Said

Yep, Idealism seems the first thing to go. I always find it interesting looking at political leaders and comparing what they to to the 'idealism' they had growing up.

Sad really.

Too right mate, too right.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! May 15, 2010 @ 14:39:24
I don't know about that. That idealism being the first to go is a bad thing. The US government is mired in ideological battles and has been for years. It really sucks to be quite honest.

I wish more people would embrace pragmatism.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs