Questioning "online friendships"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Cats_Eyes On August 12, 2012

Deleted

My own world,
#1New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:08:16
What are they anyway?? Some seem pretty sincere while others.. just forget about it!! I look forward to talking to a few here and there and then I get an occasional person who attacks me, accuses me of being someone I am not or just wants to pick a fight. I say to those people, is this what they come online for? Geez! I don't need their problems.

When I first found sites I really enjoyed them and met a lot of people, some reminded me of family, friends I have in real life and some even remind me of my son.

So today I have to rant, because I enjoy being on this site, but people are what sites are all about and I don't understand it when people have to do stuff like this.

Deleted

My own world,
#2New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:17:28
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:20:17
Same as real life- some people are just horribel people so will play the wolf in sheep clothing. While of course this is most liekly due to a personality clash or one particualr personality trait which makes us dislike that person, it is just the same as people we know at home.

However, there are also some people who are jsut lovely and you really take to them I have had a bit of a rubbish time lately and know that there is a group of people here who will help make me smile to give me time to just leave my problems to one side so I can just be happy with them to talk to

As I very well know, there are also another group of forum dwellers who like to wind people up. They seem to be very opinionated and come across as rude, arrogant and very much the sort of person you would dislike a lot if you ever met them in real life. I was royally wound up and offended by one of these such dwellers but sufice it to say that the story had a very different to what I expected! The moral of the story is, those who upset you might not mean to, may not relaise they have or it is just their way to make conversation (althought it may well fail miserably!)

Chin up. hope you feel better soon
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#4New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:24:25
@Sparklegirl Said

Same as real life- some people are just horribel people so will play the wolf in sheep clothing. While of course this is most liekly due to a personality clash or one particualr personality trait which makes us dislike that person, it is just the same as people we know at home.

However, there are also some people who are jsut lovely and you really take to them I have had a bit of a rubbish time lately and know that there is a group of people here who will help make me smile to give me time to just leave my problems to one side so I can just be happy with them to talk to

As I very well know, there are also another group of forum dwellers who like to wind people up. They seem to be very opinionated and come across as rude, arrogant and very much the sort of person you would dislike a lot if you ever met them in real life. I was royally wound up and offended by one of these such dwellers but sufice it to say that the story had a very different to what I expected! The moral of the story is, those who upset you might not mean to, may not relaise they have or it is just their way to make conversation (althought it may well fail miserably!)

Chin up. hope you feel better soon

Agreed. There is the good and bad, same as real life.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:28:43
@Cats_Eyes Said

@ssnot_me Said

Agreed. There is the good and bad, same as real life.

I learned that people are not always how they appear to be. Sometimes its worth giving somebody a chance that you may not be too fond of, had this with some people here and it was just a misunderstanding
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:31:16
@Cats_Eyes Said

What are they anyway?? Some seem pretty sincere while others.. just forget about it!! I look forward to talking to a few here and there and then I get an occasional person who attacks me, accuses me of being someone I am not or just wants to pick a fight. I say to those people, is this what they come online for? Geez! I don't need their problems.

When I first found sites I really enjoyed them and met a lot of people, some reminded me of family, friends I have in real life and some even remind me of my son.

So today I have to rant, because I enjoy being on this site, but people are what sites are all about and I don't understand it when people have to do stuff like this.

That's why, I sometimes don't put forth the effort to connect with those I meet online.

Don't get me wrong though. There are many wonderful people out there online, TFS is one of those places. Many great people here. I have just gotten to the point where I have put up a wall and don't get too attached to those I chat with.

I know it's an old cliche, but for me, it truly is me and not them. I just don't have the urge to connect with some on a deeply personal level.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:33:33
Why can't read what Cat Eyes is saying?
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#8New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:34:26
@Sparklegirl Said

I learned that people are not always how they appear to be. Sometimes its worth giving somebody a chance that you may not be too fond of, had this with some people here and it was just a misunderstanding

It is harder to convey emotion or intent when typing. The subtleties of body language, inflection and eye contact can make it much easier to understand a conservation.

Deleted

My own world,
#9New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:34:32
I like to love people and trust them. Lately made some bad choices, has me frazzled. I have been told I trust too much and I'm a fool. I hope I am not. I like to bond and have closeness but I hate it when it goes arry or I find a few "bad apples". Friends makes life worthwhile and I hope they can be as good online as some I have known in my 'real life' too. I give a little credit to those who say it's good to never give up, because they motivate me not to.

Deleted

My own world,
#10New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:36:03
@Cats_Eyes Said

@Cpat92 Said

Why can't read what Cat Eyes is saying?

I'm sorry I meant to edit my post and accidentally erased it

JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#11New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:38:17
@Cats_Eyes Said

Not the same at all. You can't see their expressions, can't touch them, can't hear the nuances in their voice tones, just to name the few off the top of my head.

J.R.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:40:33
@Cats_Eyes Said

I'm sorry I meant to edit my post and accidentally erased it

Would you like me to restore your post?

Deleted

My own world,
#13New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:42:26
@JR_Sanford Said

Not the same at all. You can't see their expressions, can't touch them, can't hear the nuances in their voice tones, just to name the few off the top of my head.

J.R.

This is true and that can make it much harder. I know I have had people get angry and upset with me and what I had said to them they had taken a whole different way. I told them if they had been in a room with me to see my facial expressions they would have noticed I was smiling and happy when I wrote to them and not being offensive in any way. It is a different world being online and there are different rules that go along with it. It frustrates me at times, because I don't want to see anyone hurt, it's not how I am.

Deleted

My own world,
#14New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:43:36
@DiscordTiger Said

Would you like me to restore your post?

Yes please I am sorry about the confusion.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 16:46:32
@Cats_Eyes Said

Yes please I am sorry about the confusion.

all fixed, It's ok, I don't mind fixing stuff like that
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs