AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#31New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:26:12
@El_Tino Said

So what will the rest of the world do when the US government stops funding pharmaceutical research and defense when the Republicans get that small-government conservative utopia they dream about?

First off, defense is a constitutionally mandated government function. And last I heard pharmaceutical companies spend a lot on R&D, and a lot more efficiently I suspect than the government funneling money through university money laundering facilities, and where results aren't actually necessary.

And this country was built with on the small-government ideal.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#32New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 14:11:49
I think it's about time they've become a state..just wondering if its going to happen
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#33New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 21:44:00
@ThePainefulTruth Said

First off, defense is a constitutionally mandated government function. And last I heard pharmaceutical companies spend a lot on R&D, and a lot more efficiently I suspect than the government funneling money through university money laundering facilities, and where results aren't actually necessary.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say we have to spend as much on defense as the rest of the countries in the world combined.

Quote:
And this country was built with on the small-government ideal.

Really? What part of the constitution do you get that from?
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#34New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 22:48:34
Take Texas out and bring Puerto Rico in...
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#35New Post! Nov 14, 2012 @ 09:30:22
@El_Tino Said

Nowhere in the constitution does it say we have to spend as much on defense as the rest of the countries in the world combined.

While I agree that we are providing military for many countries that we shouldn't be, how much we spend on our defense is determined by maintaining the BEST defense in the world--not some arbitrary, irrelevant proportion.

Quote:
Really? What part of the constitution do you get that from?

The fact that it promoted and protected individual liberty (note the past tense), which is denigrated automatically by large central governments. 180 million people were killed by their own governments in the 20th century, much more than by war and natural disasters.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#36New Post! Nov 14, 2012 @ 09:32:52
@ThePainefulTruth Said

While I agree that we are providing military for many countries that we shouldn't be, how much we spend on our defense is determined by maintaining the BEST defense in the world--not some arbitrary, irrelevant proportion.

OK, so what military comes anywhere close to ours, such that any cuts would make our defense worse than theirs?

Quote:
The fact that it promoted and protected individual liberty (note the past tense), which is denigrated automatically by large central governments. 180 million people were killed by their own governments in the 20th century, much more than by war and natural disasters.

In other words, you don't have a clue what you're talking about so you'll change the topic to something irrelevant.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs