Politics

Protesting good or bad

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#46New Post! Jun 14, 2020 @ 16:25:22
One of the people on the latest puritan statue removal hit list in the UK is Robert Peel:
- Former UK Prime Minister.
Re-introduced income tax
Introduced the Factory Act which among other things restricted the number of hours that children and women could work in a factory and set basic safety standards for machinery.
- Repealed the Corn Laws
- Established the Met.
chaski On 7 minutes ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#47New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 00:10:10
SAVE THE STATUES! SAVE THE MONUMENTS!

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#48New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 01:18:49
@chaski Said

These are torn down in the immediate aftermath of the downfall.

The confederate statues were built After they lost ... ??
chaski On 7 minutes ago
Stalker

#49New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 01:34:35
@mrmhead Said

These are torn down in the immediate aftermath of the downfall.

The confederate statues were built After they lost ... ??

Yes... but we still need to save the statues and monuments... don’t want to erase history.

Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#50New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 06:37:16
London dateline 14 June 2020

There’s been some loud opposition to the #blacklivesmatter movement in UK since last week but the silence on Saturday when those fascist thugs took to the streets was so loud it nearly popped my ears.

If you called peaceful protesters a drain on the NHS for not social distancing and wished death upon them last week but stayed silent yesterday. WE SEE YOU

If you aggressively voiced your concern for the police and demanded army assistance to "deal with them" last week but stayed silent yesterday. WE SEE YOU

If your outrage was pointed at the graffiti on memorials last week but you stayed silent as photos appeared online and in the press of people pissing on them yesterday. WE SEE YOU

If you demanded respect for Winston Churchill last week then watched your countrymen make Nazi salutes in front of his statue, but stayed silent yesterday. WE SEE YOU

Your cover has been blown to smithereens. You and the fake outrage you bellow as a cover for your nasty bigotry have nowhere left to hide.

WE. F***ING. SEE. YOU.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 08:58:20

The individual in this picture was involved in the fascist riots in London on Saturday.

He is wearing the beret of the Parachute Regiment. His tee shirt also has the regimental emblem on it. Apparently, he asked the police if they would like his help. They declined and told him to get back behind the barriers.

Some reports say he was later arrested for starting a fight with civilians.

Right Wing groups are now posting on Facebook that this man is a "patriot, serving his country", and being persecuted for trying to help the police. -They're calling him a "Hero" and it is - according to them - evidence of bias against white people..... political correctness.... a sign that the Muslims are taking over..... blah, blah, blah.....

For a start, the police don't need his help.

For another thing, if that man is a paratrooper, I'm a Dutchwoman.

It is an offence against Queen's Regulations for a serving member of the armed forces to attend political events or meetings without prior permission - which they very rarely get, and they certainly wouldn't get it to attend that sort of gathering.

It is also an offence against QR's to wear any uniform, service or regimental insignia or other emblems to a political demonstration. Ever. Full stop.

You only have to look at this bloke to see he isn't a paratrooper. A fat knacker like that...? Sheesh... I don't exactly love the armed forces but I do give them credit for keeping themselves in shape. And the Parachute Regiment consider themselves the best the Army has. This fat boy a Para..? Pull the other one.

And when did the Army start wearing beards..? Army, Royal Marines and RAF are only permitted to wear moustaches. Only the Royal Navy wear beards.

Epic fail on every point on the checklist, but it's a worrying sign that people like this can get hold of official service uniform items (the beret) and pass themselves off as army personnel.

NE, Ohio
#52New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 12:18:35
@Jennifer1984 Said

The individual in this picture was involved in the fascist riots in London on Saturday.

He is wearing the beret of the Parachute Regiment. His tee shirt also has the regimental emblem on it. Apparently, he asked the police if they would like his help. They declined and told him to get back behind the barriers.

Some reports say he was later arrested for starting a fight with civilians.

Right Wing groups are now posting on Facebook that this man is a "patriot, serving his country", and being persecuted for trying to help the police. -They're calling him a "Hero" and it is - according to them - evidence of bias against white people..... political correctness.... a sign that the Muslims are taking over..... blah, blah, blah.....

For a start, the police don't need his help.

For another thing, if that man is a paratrooper, I'm a Dutchwoman.

It is an offence against Queen's Regulations for a serving member of the armed forces to attend political events or meetings without prior permission - which they very rarely get, and they certainly wouldn't get it to attend that sort of gathering.

It is also an offence against QR's to wear any uniform, service or regimental insignia or other emblems to a political demonstration. Ever. Full stop.

You only have to look at this bloke to see he isn't a paratrooper. A fat knacker like that...? Sheesh... I don't exactly love the armed forces but I do give them credit for keeping themselves in shape. And the Parachute Regiment consider themselves the best the Army has. This fat boy a Para..? Pull the other one.

And when did the Army start wearing beards..? Army, Royal Marines and RAF are only permitted to wear moustaches. Only the Royal Navy wear beards.

Epic fail on every point on the checklist, but it's a worrying sign that people like this can get hold of official service uniform items (the beret) and pass themselves off as army personnel.

If he's a civilian posing as military, shouldn't he be charged?

If he's military at a political event, shouldn't he be charged?
Darkman666 On about 10 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#53New Post! Jun 15, 2020 @ 14:47:37
what she wrote doesn't look the citizen saying he was in the military. he ask them , if he could help them out. the authorities would have to agree or not agree that he can help. he also can help them as a private citizen for asking them.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#54New Post! Jun 16, 2020 @ 03:45:59
A “local”ish. right wing militia group just shot a protester in the back tonight.

I can’t tell if it is the same group that has been starting s*** since April.

They have been at every protest since April, they’ve just been getting a pass as supposed white guys with guns trying to “help” and “defend” property.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#55New Post! Jun 16, 2020 @ 17:42:16
@mrmhead Said

If he's a civilian posing as military, shouldn't he be charged?

If he's military at a political event, shouldn't he be charged?

He should be. I can't explain why he wasn't. The only reason I can surmise at.... and it is a guess on my part.... is that he probably scarpered a bit smartish or the officers in the vicinity were caught up in all the rest of the mayhem going on around them.

I sincerely hope such individuals at future events are.

The reports I alluded to earlier, that he had been arrested, turned out to be false after all.

I've also sent an email to the Ministry of Defence as a "Concerned Citizen" with that image asking those very questions (worded slightly differently but the gist is the same).

If I get a reply I will post it on here.

@darkman666 Said

what she wrote doesn't look the citizen saying he was in the military. he ask them , if he could help them out. the authorities would have to agree or not agree that he can help. he also can help them as a private citizen for asking them.

We don't do things quite like that here. The military don't get involved in civil order situations. We haven't had the army (in a civil order capacity) on the streets of London since Cromwell died.

The police would refuse any offer of help from military personnel and tell them to move along and leave the vicinity.

NE, Ohio
#56New Post! Jun 16, 2020 @ 22:07:33
Are those Good Guys with Guns on the Ground?

CNN link
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#57New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 01:45:51
CNN is behind on their cell phone footage
The “good guys” were trying to round up their boys to leave but a couple of them were resistant.
Before he (the shooter) grabbed the one woman from behind and flipped her to the ground where she hit her head hard and was then pepper sprayed, for standing in front of him with her hands up. He shoved two other women down one facing him and another from behind.

The flipping of the third woman, was seen by more Of the group (and the emt that started blowing his whistle immediately). That’s when the guys in the crowd chased him off, while he still brandishing weapons are the crowd.
Lots of shouts to get thier plates and stop them as they ran for their cars.
In that altercation is when the gun and the long board came out. Then shots were fired. APD riot responded pretty quickly. The “good guys” looked like they knew they were f***ed immediately. They couldn’t of ran, as they were surrounded, by people a few cars and cameras.

Interestingly enough, APD has already admitted to having an undercover officer on site. And that person was really close physically to the shooter.

The police scanners supposedly warned of “armed friendlies” on scene. So they didn’t go in shooting

Though APD, has a history of excessive force, and one person they shot (and killed I think) in a “drug bust” was an under cover cop. So, really it may not of meant the nmcg were the “friendlies”

The shooter is the sone of bern co sherriif and running for public office, on some law and order platform. That included rounding up all the homeless and arresting them and enforcing all drug violations to clean up the streets.
chaski On 7 minutes ago
Stalker

#58New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 03:27:02
@DiscordTiger Said

CNN is behind on their cell phone footage

CNN is a disappointment.

Granted FoxNews and MSNBC are a tragic terremoto against all reason...

Still one might hope of rational journalisms... but such is life.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#59New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 03:50:00
@chaski Said

CNN is a disappointment.

Granted FoxNews and MSNBC are a tragic terremoto against all reason...

Still one might hope of rational journalisms... but such is life.

True,
It is interesting how much stuff is actually on cell phone footage now a days. Several people were live streaming on fb during the events here, including some local reporters.

Things have changed a lot since the Zapruder film, and the changes that it has made to what is considered journalism, that and "entertainment" "new" channels have made for quite the interesting times.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#60New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 03:57:04
Oh... the local reporter is in the photo mrhead posted, in the green polka dot shirt and blue jeans. dark long hair in the right. I was watching from her angle the first time. seems like that pic would be when police first got on scene and secured everyone, they were backing off the crowd and taking over first aid to the guy that was shot. the shooter isnt in the picture. He was in a blue shirt and sitting on the ground playing with his phone.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs