Protesting Obama's victory

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 06:49:24
"With Democrats soon to be in full control in Washington, tactics for anti-abortion groups are likely to refocus on street protests, grass-roots activism and state legislation. One major three-day protest is scheduled to start in the nation's capital on Jan. 21, a day after Barack Obama's inauguration as president."
https://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ipAZDgqmScYBC7qX-1HxDvbweVqwD94CVQD00

" A tire store owner has removed the American flag he flew upside down in protest of Barack Obama's election as president after complaints from his employees."
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-invertedflag,0,5361446.story

" While some ABC-7 viewers were happy that Barack Obama won the election, others weren't celebrating. One man even flew a flag upside down at his Upper Valley home. The upside down flag is considered a sign of distress.

The owner would not talk to ABC-7 on camera but said he thought Obama's election was un-American and wanted to express his opinion."
https://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=9307971&nav=AbC0
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#2New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 06:56:37
So whats your point?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:20:37
I think it's UN-AMERICAN to fly a flag upside down...and those who do in protest of Obama's election are just RACIST and STUPID!!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:22:44
Obama becoming President is a very, very hard pill for a lot of people to swallow.... And it's a damn shame.. Give the man a chance, he really can't do much worse than Bush can he?? And if he does then deal with it when and if it does happen... Pure and Simple Racism!!!! Makes me sick!!!
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#5New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:28:48
You know what pissed me off, I have this friend on facebook who is a marine and during the whole election kept putting in his status that people who vote for obama don't care about the military or are doing harm to the military. Then when he won he posted a thing that said he was proud to live in a country where a black man was elected and hope he does a great job. So either my friend is a f***ing hypocrite or a f***ing lier.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#6New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:35:33
@cGobla Said

You know what pissed me off, I have this friend on facebook who is a marine and during the whole election kept putting in his status that people who vote for obama don't care about the military or are doing harm to the military. Then when he won he posted a thing that said he was proud to live in a country where a black man was elected and hope he does a great job. So either my friend is a f***ing hypocrite or a f***ing lier.

Both!!!!
krazybones On November 22, 2008

Deleted

Cemetery Hills, United States
#7New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:39:10
@cGobla Said

Or, he has mixed feeling, - no pun intended.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#8New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:41:53
and he isn't really a friend more of a guy that I did a few times over christmas break. I really need to unfriend him.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:44:33
@cGobla Said

So whats your point?

I don't have one
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#10New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:52:37
@cGobla Said

ok I found what he said:

Nov 4: Forrest Congratulations President Elect Obama I am proud to be in this country that elected a black man for the first time... listen to your Joint Chiefs, and take care of your men and women in uniform. Equip us well, and keep us ready to fight.

early Oct: Forrest 50 years ago John McCain would have run as the democratic party's nominee, and Barack Obama would have been executed for being a communist.

May: Forrest OBAMA HU AKBAR! OBAMA HU AKBAR!

Feb: Forrest If you care about me, my job, or my future family.... don't vote for a democrat.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#11New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:52:46
@Spinkiegirl Said

I think it's UN-AMERICAN to fly a flag upside down...and those who do in protest of Obama's election are just RACIST and STUPID!!

You're kidding right? Flying the flag upside down is irrational, and protesting the results of an election is stupid, but racist? Now THAT'S just plain old silly. I am curious though. How DO you justify claiming racism in something like this? I'm not trying to be patronizing, I really do want to know.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#12New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 07:52:53
@eL_TinO Said

I don't have one

oh Ok
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#13New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 08:23:25
u know, i just think is stupid to be b****ing about who should've won the election, and that obama's gonna make this country worse and blah blah blah! the man's already elected president and the f***ing election is over it! people need to calm the f*** down and stop b****ing when we haven't even seen Obama's true colors yet. I have faith that he will make our country better and i respect him, but those of u who voted for mccain just need to face the fact that another republican president didn't have a chance after how bush f***ed all of us over for 8 years. just hope for the best people.
Cassy On November 26, 2008

Norwich, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 09:30:32
Just give the guy a chance... he can even pronounce nuclear correctly! 8)
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 09:52:13
I personally find it hard to fathom how people who supported Bush for eight years can find fault in a man who has not even been inaugurated yet.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs