The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Priest wants church painting removed because ?angels look gay?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:46:55
Santo Domingo - A Catholic priest at a Dominican Republic resort town wants to destroy artwork in his parish because the painting shows angels with ?a homosexual expression?. This confuses the faithful, he argues.

The painting named "Allegory of the Virgin of Carmen," was concluded 12 years ago by Dominican artist Roberto Flores. The artwork adorns the interior of the church of ?Our Lady of Carmen? in the mountain community of Jarabacoa, an agricultural and tourist center located in the Dominican Republic.

Explaining his reason to revoke the previous decision and destroy the mural, the priest argues that the church congregation feels uncomfortable by the painting and that the mural does not inspire religious sentiments because the angels there depicted have a ?diabolical, homosexual look? in their faces. Further, he contends that it is not clear whether the angels are male or female.

https://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292901

boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:48:17
@SparklyKatie Said

Santo Domingo - A Catholic priest at a Dominican Republic resort town wants to destroy artwork in his parish because the painting shows angels with ?a homosexual expression?. This confuses the faithful, he argues.

The painting named "Allegory of the Virgin of Carmen," was concluded 12 years ago by Dominican artist Roberto Flores. The artwork adorns the interior of the church of ?Our Lady of Carmen? in the mountain community of Jarabacoa, an agricultural and tourist center located in the Dominican Republic.

Explaining his reason to revoke the previous decision and destroy the mural, the priest argues that the church congregation feels uncomfortable by the painting and that the mural does not inspire religious sentiments because the angels there depicted have a ?diabolical, homosexual look? in their faces. Further, he contends that it is not clear whether the angels are male or female.

https://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292901

Perhaps the real reason is that the angels look older than 12, and are therefore not his "type"?
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#3New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:48:18
Angels are gay.

Deleted

#4New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:48:53
@El_Tino Said

Angels are gay.

Devils are too!
\m//O_O\\m/

#5New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:50:09
@boxerdc Said

Perhaps the real reason is that the angels look older than 12, and are therefore not his "type"?

Haha.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:27:29
Angels are androgynous so you shouldn't be able to tell if they're male or female.

And what exactly is a 'diabolical, homosexual look'?
BTW - The article itself didn't seem to put in a picture of the Allegory of the Virgin of Carmen. So here it is.

My objection would be that it kind of looks like an orgy. Never mind any insinuation of homosexuality.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:30:57
@someone_else Said

probably takes some personal experience to know.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:35:02
@someone_else Said

My objection would be that it kind of looks like an orgy. Never mind any insinuation of homosexuality.

True that.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#9New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:40:45
The Catholic Church complaining about gay things??? Bit 'pot and kettle' innit?

Deleted

#10New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:46:34
@someone_else Said

Just look at my profile pix..
\m//O_O\\m/

#11New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:50:12
Apparantly being gay is 'unnatural'. But a guy walking on water is perfectly natural.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#12New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:50:28
@boxerdc Said

Just look at my profile pix..

Maybe you should give them another looksee...
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#13New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 23:09:53
@El_Tino Said

Angels are gay.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/smilies/lmao.gif">
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#14New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 00:39:43
@SparklyKatie Said

Apparantly being gay is 'unnatural'. But a guy walking on water is perfectly natural.

2 Cor 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Gal 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Matt 14:24-31
[24] But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
[25] And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
[26] And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
[27] But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
[28] And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
[29] And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
[30] But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
[31] And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Gal 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
\m//O_O\\m/

#15New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 11:27:02
@aquine Said

2 Cor 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Gal 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Matt 14:24-31
[24] But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
[25] And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
[26] And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
[27] But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
[28] And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
[29] And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
[30] But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
[31] And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Gal 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I see your copy/paste skills are still going strong, congrats.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs