Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#31New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 16:00:48
@Cpat92 Said

Apparently you did not pay attention since you continue use for your own justification of my incorrectness.

In what way did I not pay attention to you?

@Cpat92 Said

I haven’t failed read/study the Bible as it is something I do daily. On top of that I take what I learn and I put it into practice everyday.

You have or are reading all of the bible from its first word to its last word?

Or

You are reading various passages either randomly or as part of some church study/study group/study plan/class?

There is a huge difference between reading and "studying" various passages vs reading the entire book, and studying the entire book and studying the compilation of the book.

@Cpat92 Said

There is nothing for me to admit.

So you are going to maintain the position that you told "Conservative Christians" that god of the Christians is the same god as that of the Muslims.

And you did this without either knowledge of the facts and that it was not based on your beliefs.... you just said it.

So you don't know if it is true and you don't believe it is true, why did you say it? Were you just trying to piss off the "Conservative Christians"?

And you don't think that those "Conservative Christians" felt like you were attacking their faith/religion.

Interesting.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#32New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 17:08:05
@chaski Said

In what way did I not pay attention to you?

You have or are reading all of the bible from its first word to its last word?

Or

You are reading various passages either randomly or as part of some church study/study group/study plan/class?

I read based off which plan I am on. I also have Bible Study with some clients at my job. Not from front to back.
Stalker

#33New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 17:16:18
@Cpat92 Said

Not from front to back.

As I expected.

Thank you for the information.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#34New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 17:21:40
@chaski Said

So you are going to maintain the position that you told "Conservative Christians" that god of the Christians is the same god as that of the Muslims.

And you did this without either knowledge of the facts and that it was not based on your beliefs.... you just said it.

So you don't know if it is true and you don't believe it is true, why did you say it? Were you just trying to piss off the "Conservative Christians"?

And you don't think that those "Conservative Christians" felt like you were attacking their faith/religion.

Interesting.

I maintain that I made the statement. They didn't feel that their faith was attacked, but they took the same position as you. That I don't study, nor do research. Thus, their response was to attack me in multiple areas. That statement opens up the possibility and as I stated in the past, a good discussion or debate.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#35New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 17:26:00
@chaski Said

As I expected.

Thank you for the information.

There are plans that utilize the Bible for specific purposes, lessons and aids those who read and study in a specific area (i.e. finding peace, guidance, wisdom, etc.). Of course you can read it from front to back, but I find reading various plans and learning from those plans more effective.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#36New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 18:41:51
@mrmhead Said

It depends on who it affects and how.

If my charity consists of giving away all my money to the "Save the hedgehog fund" and spend all my time travelling the world saving hedgehogs, while my wife is at home with no money to get medical attention for her chronic illness (hypothetical of course), would that not be a sin?

Too much pride in oneself can lead to actions detrimental to others.

all deadly sins are excesses
Not all excesses are deadly sins
Stalker

#37New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 19:20:20
@Cpat92 Said

They didn't feel that their faith was attacked, but they took the same position as you.

Based on your earlier statements, which maybe I misunderstood, they were a bit angry... so it seems that they did in fact feel that their faith was attacked.

@Cpat92 Said

...their response was to attack me in multiple areas.

That is what people do when they feel like they or what they believe in is being attacked.
Stalker

#38New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 19:22:15
@Cpat92 Said

There are plans that utilize the Bible for specific purposes, lessons and aids those who read and study in a specific area (i.e. finding peace, guidance, wisdom, etc.). Of course you can read it from front to back, but I find reading various plans and learning from those plans more effective.

All you are doing is letting others tell you what the Bible says.

Is that how you read other books? You pick up a book and just read the cliff notes or just read random passages?

Text books are treated that way, to an extent, but text books aren't the word of you god.

Again, maybe these "plans" are telling you the truth about the bible, and maybe they are not. You will never know until you read it yourself.

@Cpat92 Said

Of course you can read it from front to back, but I find reading various plans and learning from those plans more effective.

They are more "effective" in tell you what to believe, not what the bible says.

Basically you believe what you are being told because you like it. And you are not believing what I tell you, because you don't like it. But the reality is that you don't know and will not know, until you read all of it for yourself.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#39New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 19:51:31
@chaski Said

All you are doing is letting others tell you what the Bible says.

Is that how you read other books? You pick up a book and just read the cliff notes or just read random passages?

Text books are treated that way, to an extent, but text books aren't the word of you god.

Again, maybe these "plans" are telling you the truth about the bible, and maybe they are not. You will never know until you read it yourself.

Wrong. There are many teachings in the Bible. You do not need to read them the same way. No one is telling me what is says as I read the passages on my own.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#40New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 19:54:45
@chaski Said

They are more "effective" in tell you what to believe, not what the bible says.

Basically you believe what you are being told because you like it. And you are not believing what I tell you, because you don't like it. But the reality is that you don't know and will not know, until you read all of it for yourself.

They are effective as I gain understanding in what the passage is saying. Not from what someone is telling me. I don't agree with what you are saying because my understanding differs greatly from yours. The fact that you think that I do not know what I'm saying because you assume I don't read it for myself shows you yourself have learning to do.
Stalker

#41New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 20:05:32
@Cpat92 Said

You do not need to read them the same way.

You have different ways of reading?

@Cpat92 Said

Wrong. There are many teachings in the Bible. You do not need to read them the same way. No one is telling me what is says as I read the passages on my own.

You can claim your way is good and valuable, but it is not.

If you do not real all of it you are getting an incomplete message. You are missing all the stuff that you are not reading.
Stalker

#42New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 20:11:53
@Cpat92 Said

They are effective as I gain understanding in what the passage is saying.

But you are getting these passage without the full context.

@Cpat92 Said

I don't agree with what you are saying because my understanding differs greatly from yours.

You don't agree with me because you haven't read all of it.

@Cpat92 Said

The fact that you think that I do not know what I'm saying because you assume I don't read it for myself shows you yourself have learning to do.

I am making no assumptions. You have told me yourself that you have not read all of it.

You can pretend that your piece meal reading of the Bible is giving you a complete understanding of it, but you are wrong.

It is you who is making assumptions... specifically the assumption that you understand what the bible says even though you have not read all of it.

Are you at least reading the entire books... or just select passages?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#43New Post! Jun 07, 2019 @ 00:18:39
@chaski Said

You have different ways of reading?

You can claim your way is good and valuable, but it is not.

If you do not real all of it you are getting an incomplete message. You are missing all the stuff that you are not reading.

I cannot read the Bible front to back as I am not going to learn anything. No one is claiming. I’m telling you what works for me. The Bible contains so many lessons that even reading certain passages once is not going to cut it. It doesn’t mean that I won’t read the entire Bible, it just may take longer.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#44New Post! Jun 07, 2019 @ 00:24:23
@chaski Said

But you are getting these passage without the full context.

You don't agree with me because you haven't read all of it.

I am making no assumptions. You have told me yourself that you have not read all of it.

You can pretend that your piece meal reading of the Bible is giving you a complete understanding of it, but you are wrong.

It is you who is making assumptions... specifically the assumption that you understand what the bible says even though you have not read all of it.

Are you at least reading the entire books... or just select passages?

I am not. You say you see it the way it is. For all you know, you’re understanding barely scratches the surface. I understand that there is a lot that the Bible has to say and teach. It’s not a book you can simply understand just by reading it all the way through once. That’s why I read it the way I do. For some plans, they contain passages. Others contain entire books. I’ve read entire books. Majority coming from the Old Testament. I am not done. I read everyday. I am learning more and more because the information isn’t as simple as you think it is.
Stalker

#45New Post! Jun 07, 2019 @ 01:19:16
@Cpat92 Said

It’s not a book you can simply understand just by reading it all the way through once.

Read it through once

No! You start with reading through once.

Then you start to study it. Then you have a foundation to look at the individual books and passages.

Then, if you are like me, you read it a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time.

Do you pick up any book and start somewhere in the middle? No.

You read all of it... then study it... then read it again... then continue your studying it.

You can never truly grasp it if you do not read it...all of it, and it is all there for a reason.

If you only read portions, at best you might partially understand those portions... maybe... at best.

What on earth are you afraid of!?

It's your holy book. Read it!

....read it once

I've read it 4 times... I'd say 5, but the 5th time i stopped at Revelations... i just couldn't bear reading that silliness one more time.

...only reading it once...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs