Pride In Who You Are

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 16:41:44
Sort of inspired by Wild's redneck thread I was wondering what makes you proud of who you are and where your from?

I love listening to a lot of Scottish music (both traditional and modern), enjoy the Scottish football culture and ofcourse our drinking culture cannot be forgotten. I drink Irn Bru, don't go to the dentist, wear a kilt when the occasion warrents, get drunk most weekends (and some weekdays), I use Scottish words regularly in my every day speech.

I'm also proud of being from a nation of accepting warm people who make up the United Kingdom.

What makes you proud of where your from and what type of person that has made you?

sillygoosey On July 23, 2009

Full of Hope,
#2New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 16:44:22
I'm made up of many different people and I fully appreciate the 'mixture of blood' that runs through my veins. I honor that and I get a kick out of checking 'other' and I laugh when people try to define who I am
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 16:48:30
I'm proud of who I am and who I'm becoming! I've got a lot of life ahead of me and I'm excited by the prospects!

My parent's were working class however I was not. I'm proud that I come from a family that strives to give their kids everything they didn't.

I'm proud I have a weird surname and that back in the day my family were smugglers!!
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#4New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 16:50:14
I'm proud to be a southerner. We say "Yes Ma'am and No Ma'am and Yes, sir and No, sir. We hold doors for ladies and sit them at their table. We're especially kind to old people and children. We eat simple food and drink simple drinks. We are avid football fans here and love our guns. We just kill what we eat. We say "You all" when addressing a group of people. Most southerners are NASCAR fans, not all but most. We love horse-racing. We are law abiding and church-going folks. Bluegrass and country rule here but many are rockers. i.e. Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, etc.. But we are just decent folk.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 16:52:03
no, I am not proud of myself.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 17:18:36
I'm not really proud of who I am. Meh
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 17:26:03
@sillygoosey Said

I'm made up of many different people and I fully appreciate the 'mixture of blood' that runs through my veins. I honor that and I get a kick out of checking 'other' and I laugh when people try to define who I am

Me too I love ticking other lol! Not that anyone ever gets my mixture right its funny

I am proud of the fact that I am from a very mixed background and seem to have the best of both worlds within me
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#8New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 17:55:39
I'm a mut and I'm proud of it!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 17:57:08
I wouldn't say I'm that proud of who I am, definitely not patriotically anyway, there isn't really an English identity anymore.
KZ_page On December 01, 2008

Deleted

lakeville,
#10New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 18:23:34
I am proud of who I am and I give credit to my parents.and the friends I choose to hang out with. We were all ambitious, driven.Never had to act or talk a certain way to fit in. or impress anyone.......
We all had different heritages so that had nothing to do with the life we choose... Some are married. some are still waiting, it seems like things went well for all of us.....
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#11New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 18:37:34
I'm proud of the company I keep, for we share the same values which are not based upon worthless material gain geared towards empty self indulgence. I'm proud of the God I worship, and the country I served in the military with. I take a great deal of pride in what I do in my business, knowing full well, what is established has integrity, even though I could easily do just enough to get by just like the competition. I'm also proud of this board, for it has shown to me that we can indeed find common ground no matter what part of the world we are from, we all are one big happy family.
yorkiechick On August 07, 2011

, Germany
#13New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 20:40:17
I am proud of who i have become of a person and hope to be proud of who i become in the future.
I am proud of my family who gave me the grounding to go out and carve my own way in the world,the same family who will always be there when i need someone to run to.
I am proud of being English and even more proud of being Yorkshire,i use Yorkshire slang in conversation and refuse to alter my accent or words according to my environment.I have a 9 generation history in Yorkshire and if it was good enough for my forefathers i am damn sure its good enough for me.
So yes this is me and i am proud of being me.
inZane On April 12, 2009

#14New Post! Nov 18, 2008 @ 21:17:40
I am definetly proud of who I am. And I think everyone should be.
I'm not ashamed about any part of me. Yeah, I'm a little self conscience about stuff about my body [a lot of people are], but I'm overall proud of myself.
Where I come from... no... not really. But I am proud to live in the Big Apple.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs