Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#46New Post! Oct 03, 2020 @ 20:22:36
I found it interesting that while Biden was accusing trump of the dog whistles, I was watching a feed with a split screen... trumps body language betrayed him. He was nodding in agreement. And not that sarcastic agreement like the Jennifer Laurence meme

I mean it was subtle compared to everything else in the debate but still.

Also seeing the Latinos hanging with the far right, and typically more accepting of white supremacy, especially the Cubans.

There is some weird hierarchy and in fighting in several Latino groups. They are not as homogeneous as many like to think because they are in the minority cultures. Also I know Enrique does acknowledge the Afro ness, but most Latinos are white. So that doesn’t technically rule them out for white supremacy groups. I mean some people are really all about the purity of the race and all, it others are more about keeping others down, and letting in a few mixed people and not being as extreme actually provides cover. Like it’s so easy to say I’m not racist I have a black friend.
That’s sometimes a red flag in itself.

Like if you’re really not racist, you don’t have to say it.

Just saying come if from the Latino culture, don’t assume becuase we are involved white supremacy is not. Latin America was built on the same colonial foundations as North America. There are just as many problems. They just play out slightly different because of language and culture differences. Some thing I have trouble expressing in English, not because I’m a native Spanish speaker but because it just doesn’t translate, but it’s not pretty.
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#47New Post! Oct 03, 2020 @ 20:40:38
2016, the four nights of rnc, bozo only latinos on the stage, no blacks. if you count, ben carson, he is more white to bozo than blacks. even, then bozo didn't want the black vote. bozo ever did anything for "inner cities " that promised back?
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#48New Post! Oct 03, 2020 @ 23:53:02
@dookie Said

Once again, claiming the moral highground!

Your suspicion of the media and knowledge of the various manipulative conspiracy theories seems to extend just so far as to call into question every opinion you contest. While you emerge spotless.

Am I claiming the moral high ground? Jen has said she wants the state to punish those who say things she disagrees with. I disagree with her. You are saying that her stance is morally inferior to mine, but is it objectively true? You seem to be making a moral judgement that I did not make (although to be fair I do believe her idea is morally repugnant. But I am not the moral police. I am not arguing ethics in this case).

I can see arguments for why people should not be allowed to express Nazi ideas about a privileged race and social justice or say things like "you can not be racist against the privileged race" etc. Those ideas are almost inevitably bound to lead to incredible evil if they gain power.

However, I am not sure we should incarcerate or punish people who say these things necessarily. Unlike Jen I do not think people who disagree with me are morally inferior - I think they are woefully miseducated (ie indoctrinated), and that learning some facts might help them. Because I believe that, I think they should be encouraged to speak their absurd neoNazisms as loud and proud as they want so we can try to educate them, then if that fails, laugh at and mock them into humiliated obscurity where they can happily fester in their hate.

Again, no objective moral claim. I always say I could be wrong and am happy for people to try to show me that I am.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#49New Post! Oct 03, 2020 @ 23:56:14

Just letting you know I referenced you in the above post in relation to your stance on certain issues. Courtesy thing in case you want a right of reply
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#50New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 00:08:44
@DiscordTiger Said

I found it interesting that while Biden was accusing trump of the dog whistles, I was watching a feed with a split screen... trumps body language betrayed him. He was nodding in agreement. And not that sarcastic agreement like the Jennifer Laurence meme

I mean it was subtle compared to everything else in the debate but still.

Also seeing the Latinos hanging with the far right, and typically more accepting of white supremacy, especially the Cubans.

There is some weird hierarchy and in fighting in several Latino groups. They are not as homogeneous as many like to think because they are in the minority cultures. Also I know Enrique does acknowledge the Afro ness, but most Latinos are white. So that doesn’t technically rule them out for white supremacy groups. I mean some people are really all about the purity of the race and all, it others are more about keeping others down, and letting in a few mixed people and not being as extreme actually provides cover. Like it’s so easy to say I’m not racist I have a black friend.
That’s sometimes a red flag in itself.

Like if you’re really not racist, you don’t have to say it.

Just saying come if from the Latino culture, don’t assume becuase we are involved white supremacy is not. Latin America was built on the same colonial foundations as North America. There are just as many problems. They just play out slightly different because of language and culture differences. Some thing I have trouble expressing in English, not because I’m a native Spanish speaker but because it just doesn’t translate, but it’s not pretty.

Do you agree with many Democrats that black Trump supporters are "coons" and "uncle Toms" or is that racist? And this is a genuine question.I would like to think you disagree, but if I don't ask I won't know.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#51New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 00:34:52
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Do you agree with many Democrats that black Trump supporters are "coons" and "uncle Toms" or is that racist? And this is a genuine question.I would like to think you disagree, but if I don't ask I won't know.

I certainly wouldn’t use those words as they are racist. I don’t agree trump has has the best interests of the average black person in mind, but if a black person (or Latino or whatever) wanted to support him that up to them. They can believe and vote for whoever they want without attack.

It not just a race/ethnicity thing with Cubans. There is years of policy differences that had they treated differently than other Latino groups. Being Cuban literally let you play by a different set of rules in this country and that had cultural subtle consequences.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#52New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 00:56:27
@bob_the_fisherman Said

You didn't ask me the question, but I'll jump in...

"Black" Trump supporters are like all other Trump supporters.

They are no different from any other Trump supporter... regardless of age, gender, race, socio-economic status, ethnicity, etc.

The are ultimately the same.

1. Naive
2. Willfully Ignorant
3. Stupid
4. Hoping their support gives them a "edge"
5. Full on corrupt f***s.

The color of their skin, their ethnicity, etc. is irrelevant.

But similarly, the fact that they are "black" lends no credence to their opinion(s).

Now, terms like "coons" and "uncle Toms"... are they "racist"? That depends on who uses them.

Example: If a black person calls a black person a "nigger" that is not racist, but if a white person calls a black person a "nigger" that is racist. (At least in the USA).
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#53New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 01:11:22
@chaski Said

Trump supporters... are

1. Naive
2. Willfully Ignorant
3. Stupid
4. Hoping their support gives them a "edge"
5. Full on corrupt f***s.

Not sure, but are you saying every Trump supporter, including me, are all of above, or are you suggesting that we are one, or maybe some combination thereof?

Just want to clarify exactly how funny this comment is
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#54New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 01:40:47
i find interesting that bozo has any black supporters, since bozo's campaign in 2016, bozo really not any support to blacks at all. blacks want be more white republican supporters. blacks bozo's supporters are honkeys.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#55New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 03:33:46
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Not sure, but are you saying every Trump supporter, including me, are all of above, or are you suggesting that we are one, or maybe some combination thereof?

Just want to clarify exactly how funny this comment is

I thought I was pretty clear, but since your are dumber than the average bear:

If you are a Trump supporter you are one or more of the following

1. Naive
2. Willfully Ignorant
3. Stupid
4. Hoping you support somehow gives you an "edge" in life...business... something....
5. Full on corrupt f***

Did you get it that time?

My grammar might be off, but if you can't figure it out, you are a moron.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#56New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 04:28:46
@chaski Said

I thought I was pretty clear

It may have been clear in your mind, but as written it does not say what you claim it clearly said. The lack of any qualifying conjunction (or, for example, or either - either one would do), suggested that you were saying we were all of them.

That is the great thing about our language. It conveys meaning in relation to our words, not our intent.

@chaski Said
, but since your are dumber than the average bear:

Calm down there tiger. You being semi literate is no reason to attack me for understanding English. I was not being a grammar Nazi. You can believe whatever you want and express it in the manner that most pleases you, but sometimes clarification may be required.

@chaski Said
If you are a Trump supporter you are one or more of the following

There's that all important puppy we were missing first time around. Conjunctions are our friend.

Well done you

I couldn't find a star, so you can have one of these

@chaski Said

My grammar was off, but I can't figure it out, maybe I am a moron.

That is harsh of you to say, but who am I to argue when you are right for the first time in, well, years

For the record, I like it better when you and I play nicely. Put aside the surly child throwing a tanty and just communicate like an adult. You and I used to be able to do that.

Why do you have to be angry at those with whom you disagree when it comes to the orangey goodness of the Risen One? We can has hoomar...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#57New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 05:16:34
@bob_the_fisherman Said

It may have been clear in your mind, but as written it does not say what you claim it clearly said.

Wow... you go out of your way to play the dumb bunny.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#58New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 07:07:47
@DiscordTiger Said

Which reminds me of the guy who hears of a great Rabbi and travels a long way to see him. Upon his return he was asked what the Rabbi had said. "Oh, I didn't go to hear what he said, I just wanted to see how he tied his shoelaces."
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#59New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 07:56:48
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Am I claiming the moral high ground? Jen has said she wants the state to punish those who say things she disagrees with. I disagree with her. You are saying that her stance is morally inferior to mine, but is it objectively true? You seem to be making a moral judgement that I did not make (although to be fair I do believe her idea is morally repugnant. But I am not the moral police. I am not arguing ethics in this case).

Difficult to keep up with you.

Your assertion was that you, yourself, Bob, said that you did not want the state's jackboot placed on the neck of your opponents. The inference being that others did. Who?

Then you tell me "You are saying that her stance is morally inferior to mine". Am I?

You assert:- "I don't mean to mock, but it is hard not to when constantly seeing the insane lefty drivel here at TFS." Which IS mockery.

Having said previously that the terms "left" and "right" mean little and are too simplistic, I tend to lose the plot a bit.

Anyway, I do feel just a little out of my depth here. All things political are not really my home ground. My main objection to Mr Trump is his stance upon Climate Change. Given the consequences of this, virtually all other things pale into insignificance.
As said many times, simply moving the deckchairs around on the Titanic.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#60New Post! Oct 04, 2020 @ 09:00:56
@chaski Said

Wow... you go out of your way to play the dumb bunny.

To rewrite your initial post by way of illustration:

"Black" mountain goats are like all other mountain goats.

They are no different from any other mountain goats [...]

The are ultimately the same.

1. They are goats
2. They live on mountains
3. They try to avoid ISIS warriors
4. They eat goaty type foods
5. They are damned sexy on a cold winter night when you have been stuck in the mountains for weeks (which is why they avoid Islamic warriors)

Again, my good man, English is a precise language whose words have imprecise meanings when used with the imprecision with which you used them.

For the record I replaced your "Trump supporters" with my "mountain goats" to illustrate the error of your assertion of clarity. Normally I charge by the hour for my services as an educator, but I did this one pro bono just for the joy of helping a friend.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs