AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 21:47:55
@Jennifer1984 Said

I'm glad I've prompted a thread that a lot of different people want to contribute to.

It was my intention to mainly concentrate on the debates themselves but other details crept in, viewed of course, from my side of the pond, but thanks to Leon for his detailed comments which have helped to educate this poor foreigner.

It's clear that the whole political spectrum over there is as divided as it is here, obviously though, for different reasons.

I will agree wholeheartedly with Leon's second comment regarding climate change. I myself am a paid up member of the British Green Party and take environmental issues very seriously although for some reason I now notice, I've seldom had anything to say on here about the issue. I'll give it some thought and come up with something on that score that we might be also able to have a constructive discussion about.

Dookie makes a good point, I think but we should put this one to you guys to answer...... What exactly is the situation with the possibility of armed intervention. There are a lot of guns and bullets over there, largely in the hands of people who I would suggest, are not stable and may very well want to take matters into their own heavily-armed hands.

History's lesson of Rome should not be ignored.

Wait... you have to pay to be in a party? Or is that just a cultural difference for donations to the cause. Many people here give $ to their party. And in some they give to much giving the impression they buy access to candidates, but it’s not required to give money. You can just belong to a party by saying you do.

(I never took international politics, so forgive my ignorance I focused more on con law and rights classes)
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#17New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 21:55:12
That “debate” was a s***show.

America was absolutely the loser.

I’ve lost respect for a lot of people bending over backwards to justify still sticking to some things. I’m down for disagreeing to a lot in politics and remaining friends, but that debate and the level of nasty that it dropped to was ridiculous.
And people trying to defend trump with false information is just to painful to deal with. They would rather believe a reporter from a news source they like than actual us law and senate and house actions.
Darkman666 On about 10 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 22:20:39
i would never paid the deomocrat or republican party anything, both represent the government. the government is crooked, who's knows where your money going to with either party?

History's lesson of Rome should not be ignored.

american government is base by greek's philosophy. we learned from rome, the congress will stab you in back, look at julius caesar. he does make great salads.

we go old ways, rome and we can releases from american zoos, all lions let loose on congress. of course, lions will get heartburn, after they eat them. i could live with it!
mimierad On October 01, 2020

Jersey City, Austria
#19New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 23:08:46
u ba dbou nigchana
chaski On 37 minutes ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#20New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 23:37:00
@mimierad Said

u ba dbou nigchana

Is Your Bread Still Kosher?

No. No my bread isn't Kosher... mostly because I don't buy bread... or eat it very often.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 00:17:32
@chaski Said

No. No my bread isn't Kosher... mostly because I don't buy bread... or eat it very often.

you are said to us, you are no loafer and and you wouldn't put the dough out. because you are don't like bread, doesn't you mean you loafer, and not cheap, you don't eat bread. got you!

so, how you feel about eating bagels?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:01:51
@chaski Said

But I bet he knows a website where you can buy:

Kosher bread
Non-Kosher bread
Fake Kosher bread
Non-Fake Kosher Bread from Slatsvania
Rolls
Kosher Rolls
Non Kosher Rolls
Genuine imitation Kosher rolls
Kosher rolls from imitation Slatsvania
Kosher Krosaints
Non-Kosher McGriddles
Instant custom imitation Kosher bread dough
Kosher Pizza dough
Non Kosher Imitation Pizza dough
and a baby's arm holding an apple

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:11:29
@Jennifer1984 Said

I'm glad I've prompted a thread that a lot of different people want to contribute to.

.. well "Diapers" is running a close 2nd at the moment ...
chaski On 37 minutes ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#24New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:14:29
@mrmhead Said

.. well "Diapers" is running a close 2nd at the moment ...

We really have progressed as a forum site... kind of like a microcosm of the USA.

NE, Ohio
#25New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:23:48
I wonder if Jim Carey will do the artwork for the commercial breaks on SNL!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:30:47
@DiscordTiger Said

Wait... you have to pay to be in a party? Or is that just a cultural difference for donations to the cause. Many people here give $ to their party. And in some they give to much giving the impression they buy access to candidates, but it’s not required to give money. You can just belong to a party by saying you do.

(I never took international politics, so forgive my ignorance I focused more on con law and rights classes)

Yes, we do pay membership fees to the Party. It's always been the way here. Actually, I'm surprised to learn that in the land of capitalism, you don't..!! I guess we've both learned something today.

Having said that, membership fees are not high. My party, the Greens, charge £3 a month ($3.86) so it's not huge. This is necessary because although they do also obtain funding from donations, bequests, etc, those things alone wouldn't be enough to sustain a party capable of competing with anybody. In any case, the concept of paid membership has always been with us. it just..... is. You know..?

Membership fees are smaller for other groups. A person on low wages can be a member for a flat one off payment of £12 a year and students / unwaged, £3.

The Liberal Democrats are similar to the Greens.

Labour Party members obtain membership by being part of a Trade Union and a small part of their union dues are deducted for the Labour Party. This is called The "Political Levy"

Quite what the Tories do is up to them. I've never looked into it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 02:05:33
i thought only communiusm countries paid their parties and unions.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#28New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 03:02:30
@Jennifer1984 Said

Yes, we do pay membership fees to the Party. It's always been the way here. Actually, I'm surprised to learn that in the land of capitalism, you don't..!! I guess we've both learned something today.

Having said that, membership fees are not high. My party, the Greens, charge £3 a month ($3.86) so it's not huge. This is necessary because although they do also obtain funding from donations, bequests, etc, those things alone wouldn't be enough to sustain a party capable of competing with anybody. In any case, the concept of paid membership has always been with us. it just..... is. You know..?

Membership fees are smaller for other groups. A person on low wages can be a member for a flat one off payment of £12 a year and students / unwaged, £3.

The Liberal Democrats are similar to the Greens.

Labour Party members obtain membership by being part of a Trade Union and a small part of their union dues are deducted for the Labour Party. This is called The "Political Levy"

Quite what the Tories do is up to them. I've never looked into it.

yeah, that makes sense, its not a lot of money either so it wouldn't be a huge burdon. There was point we had poll taxes, but they were used to disenfrancise people (usually lower income, and knowing america's racist history...blacks and other minorities) so there are a lot of rules against that.

Labor unions, charge dues to join, and they tend to endorse/support democrats but they don't have to. Also a lot of police/law enforcement unions typically have been endorsing republican lately. money is exchanged, but in "donation" form rather than levy/tax.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#29New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 03:05:50
The whole world is shocked by the first debate ( Blog Post ). Of particular notice is Trump's reluctance to denounce racism.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 15:41:49
73 million people and 4 million less than 2016 debate. the american modern day worst debate ever. nbc thought reboot, " the weakest link " good for the rates. how would nbc know there would have two version the weakest link on that night.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs