Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#31New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:24:22
@DiscordTiger Said

Abolishing the income tax.

Ah yes, fair enough. That might be a bit harder to pass then. But that's one idea that I don't care as much as the others.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:26:10
@chaski Said

Really?

It wasn't worse just a few years ago? Two wars, recession, etc.

Even the conservatives say that the country is recovering... they say it is the slowest recovery ever... but to recover, things had to be worse.

It was in reference to the political gridlock in Washington. Not about anything else.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#33New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:26:25
@Leon Said

Yes, I did read what you wrote. You asked if I lived with him as governor.

But no, I didn't live with him or live in Minnesota while he was governor.

And fair enough, that you cannot really convince one of. I obviously don't have a problem with him as a person.

So if you read what I wrote, why did you not just reply to it, instead of quoting something unrelated to what I was asking? You are acting like some other members here.

Well, I think there are a lot of people in Minnesota who think he would be an embarrassment as president, but I'm not going to give much effort to it because I think Michele Baths***crazyBachmann has a better chance than he does of sitting behind the desk in the oval office.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#34New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:29:14
@Leon Said

Ah yes, fair enough. That might be a bit harder to pass then. But that's one idea that I don't care as much as the others.

and I think he his other ideas have just about the same chance of passing... making them, and him, pretty much a no-go.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#35New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:31:28
@floydgirrl Said

So if you read what I wrote, why did you not just reply to it, instead of quoting something unrelated to what I was asking? You are acting like some other members here.

Well, I think there are a lot of people in Minnesota who think he would be an embarrassment as president, but I'm not going to give much effort to it because I think Michele Baths***crazyBachmann has a better chance than he does of sitting behind the desk in the oval office.

You quoted a statement that I wrote about him not meeting with any lobbyists by asking if I lived with him. So I thought you were referencing the fact that only someone who lived with him would know if that were true or not. Obviously I have never lived with him, so instead of answering that directly, I addressed the reason why I thought you were rhetorically asking that.

If you had worded it better the way you did later, then I would have understood that you meant to ask if I lived in Minnesota while he was governor and this runaround could have been avoided. It wasn't off topic or unrelated.
Stalkee

#36New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:33:40
omfg I just read he wants Howard Stern as his VP. Please for the love of all things holy let this be a joke.

With that said, the POTUS should not be a joke.
Stalkee

#37New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:35:32
@Leon Said

You quoted a statement that I wrote about him not meeting with any lobbyists by asking if I lived with him. So I thought you were referencing the fact that only someone who lived with him would know if that were true or not. Obviously I have never lived with him, so instead of answering that directly, I addressed the reason why I thought you were rhetorically asking that.

If you had worded it better the way you did later, then I would have understood that you meant to ask if I lived in Minnesota while he was governor and this runaround could have been avoided. It wasn't off topic or unrelated.

If you're going to be technical I said 'AS' Governor not whether you lived in his house. Sorry if you think I'm being off topic.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#38New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:39:44
@DiscordTiger Said

and I think he his other ideas have just about the same chance of passing... making them, and him, pretty much a no-go.

Even so, I'd rather vote someone who has the balls to try than to elect another in a long line of status quo politicians who always keep the same course and never turn the ship away from the many problems we are facing, just because we don't think his ideas will get by them. If I believe in ideas I'll vote for them, regardless of whether or not I think they will see the light of day.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#39New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:47:05
@floydgirrl Said

omfg I just read he wants Howard Stern as his VP. Please for the love of all things holy let this be a joke.

With that said, the POTUS should not be a joke.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I like that either. He said he is doing that so he can get the needed publicity and campaign push. No other candidate can air their campaign like that unless they, too, have a satellite show, and even if they did, they don't have the sizable listener base that Howard does.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#40New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:54:49
That video the OP posted, by the way, is the Howard Stern broadcast where they announce their candidacy.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#41New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:55:11
@Leon Said

Even so, I'd rather vote someone who has the balls to try than to elect another in a long line of status quo politicians who always keep the same course and never turn the ship away from the many problems we are facing, just because we don't think his ideas will get by them. If I believe in ideas I'll vote for them, regardless of whether or not I think they will see the light of day.

What I am saying is ideas are not enough, especially if you don't have the means to get any of them accomplished. Then it is all just like a fart in the wind. All thought and no action is just as destructive as acting without thinking.

I want my politicians to be smart and knowledgeable about the system, and know how to work it to accomplish things. Before you can change things, you have to know how they work, or you go tinkering in there all willy nilly and the ship sinks.

I just prefer that politician not be douche canoes. But I certainly think they need more than just "balls". Actually balls might even be required.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#42New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:57:43
@DiscordTiger Said

What I am saying is ideas are not enough, especially if you don't have the means to get any of them accomplished. Then it is all just like a fart in the wind. All thought and no action is just as destructive as acting without thinking.

I want my politicians to be smart and knowledgeable about the system, and know how to work it to accomplish things. Before you can change things, you have to know how they work, or you go tinkering in there all willy nilly and the ship sinks.

I just prefer that politician not be douche canoes. But I certainly think they need more than just "balls". Actually balls might even be required.

Well, whoever we have in there now, whatever they have, it's clearly not working.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#43New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 07:38:01
@Leon Said

Income Tax:

As I understand it Ventura wants to replace the income tax with a national sales tax so people will be taxed on what they consume not on what they produce.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#44New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 07:47:20
Drugs:

As I understood it Ventura wants to decriminalize drugs not legalize them. The difference is that instead of putting addicted people jail the government will supply drugs and treatment at treatment centers. This would be more cost effective and put drug dealers out of business.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#45New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 08:19:08
@Erimitus Said

Jessie Ventura is running for president of the Untied States.

Would you vote for him?

With Stern as Vice?

It would be appropriate.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs